NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

2 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Fukkkkkk i was down 100+ thrn mahomies, hill and hunt brought me within 6 with GB defense left.  Buttttt.... i dropped jets defense to pick up GB.  Jets scored 13 pts so i would won and not have to worry about getting 7 fricken points from GB

Holy crap that pick put me right at 7pts to win by .58

2 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Fukkkkkk i was down 100+ thrn mahomies, hill and hunt brought me within 6 with GB defense left.  Buttttt.... i dropped jets defense to pick up GB.  Jets scored 13 pts so i would won and not have to worry about getting 7 fricken points from GB

1 minute ago, molonLabe80 said:

Holy crap that pick put me right at 7pts to win by .58

Bruh ?

Probably bad timing but I was planning on asking this with the expectation they did well vs Dolphins so don't take this as some knee jerk reaction panic. Are you guys rolling them out there vs Pats?

So far this year, this is how opposing defenses against the Patriots have fared.

Houston DEF19

Jacksonville DEF18

Detroit DEF10

Miami DEF26

Indianapolis DEF29

Kansas City DEF28

The Lions were the only one that scored well and that was the last game before the Pats "got their sh*t together." The last 3 weeks every defense has scored 0 pts. Obviously the quality of these defenses is a big variable and Chicago is arguably the best defense they will have played but just wondering what other people are thinking.

1 hour ago, King Gonzo said:

Probably bad timing but I was planning on asking this with the expectation they did well vs Dolphins so don't take this as some knee jerk reaction panic. Are you guys rolling them out there vs Pats?

So far this year, this is how opposing defenses against the Patriots have fared.

Houston DEF19

Jacksonville DEF18

Detroit DEF10

Miami DEF26

Indianapolis DEF29

Kansas City DEF28

The Lions were the only one that scored well and that was the last game before the Pats "got their sh*t together." The last 3 weeks every defense has scored 0 pts. Obviously the quality of these defenses is a big variable and Chicago is arguably the best defense they will have played but just wondering what other people are thinking.

I live and die with da bears D. 

Disappointing Miami game for sure, but i'm still sticking w the Bears ROS, however this week i'm benching them and streaming a 2nd D instead - Indy most likely. After the Pats game they're an autostart until the end of the reg season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Gonzo said:

Houston DEF19

Jacksonville DEF18

Detroit DEF10

Miami DEF26

Indianapolis DEF29

Kansas City DEF28

Im streaming this week and probably would have even with a solid performance, but i feel that hot and humid Miami is a big homefield advantage for Dolphins and that this game will prove to be a fluke long term. I have a problem playing Bears because I dont have a good feel for how this game is going to go. Bears are early 3.5 point home dogs fwiw with a implied total of Pats 26.5-Bears 23

• Like 1

After seeing the Patriots this year, I cannot help but think the Bears are a nice option this week especially in leagues where you do not get hammered for PA/YA

A pick or two vs Tom Terrific in Chi-Town and of course multiple sacks. Bears gonna be pumped and out for blood me thinks....

Anyone argue this?

Honestly guys, that game in Miami was a fluke. I was watching Colin Cowherd this past Saturday morning, and Bryan Cox (he used to play DE in the NFL) was a guest on there. He literally said that the Bears would lose that game in Miami for ONE reason; the heat.

He said he guaranteed that the Bears defense wouldn't look the same because of the humidity, making it over 100* down on the field. He said he had to deal with the same thing when he would go down and play against Miami, and he said guys would be on the sidelines getting oxygen and then going into the locker room to get IVs for rehydration.

He said the heat will "make a coward out of you", and it looks like he was dead right. The Bears defense looked completely lifeless.

I own the Bears defense and am sitting them this week against the Patriots, but after that, they will once again be an auto start. 

Good luck guys

• Like 2

1 minute ago, datsyuk said:

Honestly guys, that game in Miami was a fluke. I was watching Colin Cowherd this past Saturday morning, and Bryan Cox (he used to play DE in the NFL) was a guest on there. He literally said that the Bears would lose that game in Miami for ONE reason; the heat.

He said he guaranteed that the Bears defense wouldn't look the same because of the humidity, making it over 100* down on the field. He said he had to deal with the same thing when he would go down and play against Miami, and he said guys would be on the sidelines getting oxygen and then going into the locker room to get IVs for rehydration.

He said the heat will "make a coward out of you", and it looks like he was dead right. The Bears defense looked completely lifeless.

I own the Bears defense and am sitting them this week against the Patriots, but after that, they will once again be an auto start. 

Good luck guys

I live in South Florida and I can tell you it was close to 90 degrees here and the on field temps probably reached close to 100. If you are not in this climate every day it will wear you out quick. Bears defense certainly gets a mulligan for this one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henchforlife said:

After seeing the Patriots this year, I cannot help but think the Bears are a nice option this week especially in leagues where you do not get hammered for PA/YA

A pick or two vs Tom Terrific in Chi-Town and of course multiple sacks. Bears gonna be pumped and out for blood me thinks....

Anyone argue this?

As a Bears owner, I’d like to think so. But my league has PA/YA and I got -1 from them this past week. I may have to drop them because I just don’t think I can roll them out this week and don’t want to roster 2 DST again after already hold the Bears through their bye week. 

6 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Are the Colts really a top DST this week vs the Bills? The Colts D is just so so bad. 

Colts vs. Bills

Chargers vs. Titans

Which one?

I'd probably consider the Bills D against the Colts. The Colts are really banged up on defense and the same on offense. Their best WR is a TE right now.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Ravens @ NO

Bears vs NE

Bills @ IND (on wire)

Dare I go with Bills over those other 2 options? Ravens and Bears are better defenses, but face tougher opponents. Bills at least should force a couple of INT's against IND right? Or still roll with one of those two? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Are the Colts really a top DST this week vs the Bills? The Colts D is just so so bad. 

Colts vs. Bills

Chargers vs. Titans

Which one?

I'd probably roll with Chargers.  The Titans are a mess all over.  If Anderson starts, I don't think he is that bad.  He looked decent when he was filling in for Cam the last couple of years. 

Rough week as both my top defenses have horrible matchups (BAL & CHI).

In the league with Baltimore, I might just stick with them because they are home and Brees sometimes struggles on the road. Will debate this all week. In the league with Chicago, I am definitely benching them.

My pick this week is the Bills defense vs shaky Colts team. Bills have been a top defense this year.

So of my choices above I think Id rank them Baltimore, Buffalo, and Chicago in that order... for now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Rough week as both my top defenses have horrible matchups (BAL & CHI).

In the league with Baltimore, I might just stick with them because they are home and Brees sometimes struggles on the road. Will debate this all week. In the league with Chicago, I am definitely benching them.

My pick this week is the Bills defense vs shaky Colts team. Bills have been a top defense this year.

So of my choices above I think Id rank them Baltimore, Buffalo, and Chicago in that order... for now

Chicago Defense should never be benched.

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chicago Defense should never be benched.

Agree. Home game for Chicago, always good for a defense. I expect them to bounce back after that Miami debacle. NE is a tough matchup for sure, but they’re not invincible.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic