NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Back to back negative points incoming...Bears have zero pass rush so Brady will pick them apart

Bears got me 5 points against Miami. Not great but not terrible. 

Edited by HTM
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Chicago Defense should never be benched.

I got -1 from them this week, I won by 1 point, there is not such thing as NEVER in fantasy football. 

My choices are INDY vs Bills, Cards vs Denver, or Detroit vs Miami

5 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

I got -1 from them this week, I won by 1 point, there is not such thing as NEVER in fantasy football. 

My choices are INDY vs Bills, Cards vs Denver, or Detroit vs Miami

I'd pick the Denver or Bills defense. Indy banged up on both sides of the ball. Rams D only got 5 points in my league last week against Denver. Not sure Arizona will do much better.

Edited by FitzMagic
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Back to back negative points incoming...Bears have zero pass rush so Brady will pick them apart

You have lost your mind in recent weeks. No pass rush? They have 18 sacks on the year, tied for 5th, and 9 forced fumbles, tied for 2nd. They are also tied for 2nd with 10 interceptions, which is likely due to pressure on the QB. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

They have 18 sacks and already had their bye. How's that zero pass rush? Mack alone gives them a pass rush.

Dolphins were able to easily handle the gimpy Mack...without a 100% healthy Mack, this defense is a sieve as Miami has shown

2 hours ago, jcedwards said:

Ravens @ NO

Bears vs NE

Bills @ IND (on wire)

Dare I go with Bills over those other 2 options? Ravens and Bears are better defenses, but face tougher opponents. Bills at least should force a couple of INT's against IND right? Or still roll with one of those two? 

I would. I’m dropping Baltimore for Buffalo this week if my claim is successful. 

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Rough week as both my top defenses have horrible matchups (BAL & CHI).

In the league with Baltimore, I might just stick with them because they are home and Brees sometimes struggles on the road. Will debate this all week. In the league with Chicago, I am definitely benching them.

My pick this week is the Bills defense vs shaky Colts team. Bills have been a top defense this year.

So of my choices above I think Id rank them Baltimore, Buffalo, and Chicago in that order... for now

Josh Allen is out so you have Peterman giving up good field position and Luck throwing at least 30 passes. Doesnt sound like a good mix at all for a streaming defense.

I agree with Asian Sensation, when coaches get fired, teams get fired up at least for a few weeks and TB has all of the pieces to lock up the short handed Browns.

TB vs CLE

IND vs BUF

DET vs MIA

Edit: If Tannehill is also out, i'd take the Lions against Osweiler.

It looked like they just caught the Bears offguard last week especially when they witheld Tannehill's status until close to gametime, Osweiler is who we think he is. A defense's dream,much like Peterman. A good amount of Osweiler's yardage came from YAC, he wasnt just out there gunslinging his way to 300+ yards.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins
58 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Josh Allen is out so you have Peterman giving up good field position and Luck throwing at least 30 passes. Doesnt sound like a good mix at all for a streaming defense.

I agree with Asian Sensation, when coaches get fired, teams get fired up at least for a few weeks and TB has all of the pieces to lock up the short handed Browns.

TB vs CLE

IND vs BUF

DET vs MIA

Edit: If Tannehill is also out, i'd take the Lions against Osweiler.

It looked like they just caught the Bears offguard last week especially when they witheld Tannehill's status until close to gametime, Osweiler is who we think he is. A defense's dream,much like Peterman. A good amount of Osweiler's yardage came from YAC, he wasnt just out there gunslinging his way to 300+ yards.

I think there's a very real chance Derek Anderson starts that game for Buffalo

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I think there's a very real chance Derek Anderson starts that game for Buffalo

Even so, he signed about a week ago I doubt he has a good handle on the playbook or chemistry with the WRs besides maybe KB.

Colts are also 3rd in sacks. Whether it’s Derek Anderson or Peterman, i’m comfortable playing Indy especially with them going against the Raiders in the following week.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

Mack is the entire defense as shown against Miami. Without Mack, they are useless and an easy sit. If he is out for an extended time then they are droppable.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

I wouldn't drop Baltimore , that's a terrible idea 

They have four bad matchups in a row coming up and a bye. It would be six weeks till I start them again so definitely not worth holding onto. The only good matchup they have remaining is Oakland in week 12. I don’t get too attached to a single defense and never waste a roster spot on a bench defense. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

They have four bad matchups in a row coming up and a bye. It would be six weeks till I start them again so definitely not worth holding onto. The only good matchup they have remaining is Oakland in week 12. I don’t get too attached to a single defense and never waste a roster spot on a bench defense. 

Their playoff matchups look pretty terrible too. It's been a good 2 weeks with the Ravens, but I think I'm going back to streaming.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

on paper it looks rough but ill be back on sunday  to tell you i told you so 

Other than vs buffalo and Tennessee, two putrid offenses, they have been a bad fantasy defense. 

i mean i play standard team rules they gave me 5 points... that last int they had almost got returned for a td ( i mean he got tackled on the 3)... this isn't one of those teams to bend not break... they break all the time, it's about the points they get you when they're in a close game and force them to throw on 3rd downs (sacks, interceptions, tds).  I agree if there are better options this week is probably a sit because i don't see it being close, but there is certainly no need for "the sky is falling"

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic