NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

5 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Mack is the entire defense as shown against Miami. Without Mack, they are useless and an easy sit. If he is out for an extended time then they are droppable.

Ridiculous.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

14 hours ago, TheINC said:

Disappointing Miami game for sure, but i'm still sticking w the Bears ROS, however this week i'm benching them and streaming a 2nd D instead - Indy most likely. After the Pats game they're an autostart until the end of the reg season.

not worried about CHI, sure they won't be weekly winners this week and they weren't last week either, but look at it this way, they play probably about as bad as they could and they still got 6 points out of it.   hell it isn't completely out of the question that they did the overlook of MIA coming out of the bye and looking at this week against NE.  i still expect a decent game against NE, should have some points.  and lets not forget last year when everyone faded JAX on a few tough matchups, namely on the road against PIT where Big Ben feasts bigger than Brady does.  and JAX went bananas.  of course not the same situation, just pointing out that stranger things have happened CHI is a top defense, an every week starting defense, don't be short sighted and drop just because of 1 bad weekly matchup,

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Other than vs buffalo and Tennessee, two putrid offenses, they have been a bad fantasy defense. 

they had a lot of injuries within their defense and now that their fully healthy they will be set and forget ros. Currently the top ranked nfl defense , i don't get why people hate on Baltimore dst but say hou def is set and forget ros.  

11 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Who you guys like better, Colts d vs bills, broncos vs Cardinals or Redskins vs cowboys?

Colts.

Cards offense can move the ball now with Rosen and they can create pressure with too pass rusher in Chandler Jones on Keenum which leads to short field position. 

Cowboys you just never know what version of them will show up on any given Sunday,

Colts seem like the solid play with the highest ceiling and floor. 

20 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Colts.

Cards offense can move the ball now with Rosen and they can create pressure with too pass rusher in Chandler Jones on Keenum which leads to short field position. 

Cowboys you just never know what version of them will show up on any given Sunday,

Colts seem like the solid play with the highest ceiling and floor. 

Colts probably the way to go. Then again that what I thought when I grabbed the Packers d last week.

18 hours ago, TheINC said:

After the Pats game they're an autostart until the end of the reg season.

Week 14 vs Rams

Week 15 vs Packers

Sure both home games at poop CHI in winter but i dunno.

Rams might struggle with the cold but i expect Rodgers to abuse them again.

1 minute ago, pdog109 said:

Week 14 vs Rams

Week 15 vs Packers

Sure both home games at poop CHI in winter but i dunno.

Rams might struggle with the cold but i expect Rodgers to abuse them again.

Key words were "reg season". When playoffs come around I usually drop about half my bench and roster 3 D's for each week of the playoffs.

I typically like to stay away from road dst’s. I’m looking at Colts and Skins. Indy defense is pretty weak but the matchup is there. I just worry Bills play really conservative and not allow many sack or turnover opportunities. Key will be for Indy to jump out early and make Bills pass. If Peterman starts then I’ll feel great about starting Colts dst. 

I also like Skins. Cowboys have been awful on the road this season and Austin is expected to miss the game. Shut down the run and make Dak throw. I would expect that to be a low scoring game.

10 hours ago, psygolf said:

They obviously were riding high & overconfident going into Miami and hit the bars too hard the night before.

Simple.

Repeat coming

Bears 46

Patriots 10

Me like this

• Like 1

It's really hard to fade a team that was really disappointing the week before. Odds are it was an aberration. I know it's NE, but I can't stomach carrying two defenses again. Really missing out on prospects is not worth it. Even if the Bears score 4 points, it's not a week losing proposition.

The only way you should bench these guys is if you're a huge underdog and need some upside. But, I'm struggling to find better waiver propositions as they were picked up already. Didn't want to waste FAAB. Even the Colts aren't a slam dunk. They are a terrible fantasy defense. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's really hard to fade a team that was really disappointing the week before. Odds are it was an aberration. I know it's NE, but I can't stomach carrying two defenses again. Really missing out on prospects is not worth it. Even if the Bears score 4 points, it's not a week losing proposition.

The only way you should bench these guys is if you're a huge underdog and need some upside. But, I'm struggling to find better waiver propositions as they were picked up already. Didn't want to waste FAAB. Even the Colts aren't a slam dunk. They are a terrible fantasy defense. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm rolling with them this week since a lot of top streaming options for the week were scooped up during waivers. Pats offense is becoming more dangerous by the week with Gordon getting up to speed so I am not expecting a huge return here. If I'm going to get mediocre points, I'd rather have it from my main defense and save a bench spot for a speculative add lol.

Edited by nonstopfan
20 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I wouldn't be too upset with 4 points, but they've shown that their floor is negative points and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Patriots put up a lot of points, ESPECIALLY if Mack is out or is limited again. Negative points is a week losing outcome, happened to me last week when I lost by 1 point and the Bears scored -1.

edit: I'm definitely not dropping them, but I don't plan on starting them either.

Edited by drisser
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Agree with this. Bears D will bounce back. Last week vs. Miami and their "backup" QB was an aberration. It is NE, but much safer play than any D on the wire. Brady as we all know isn't very mobile, so I can see multiple sacks, which could lead to fumbles.

But Mack now has an ankle injury ... :huh:

1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:

Eagles DEF vs. Carolina or Cardinals DEF vs. Denver?

I picked up the Cards. Their offense may suck, but that defense has been stellar. I think I'm riding the Cards for two straight weeks (DEN and SF).

• Like 1

Won’t be starting this week at NE is absolutely rolling atm with so many weapons.  I also own the main pieces on the Pats offense so I’d rather not see Brady throwing a td and than my d getting minus 6. 

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I picked up the Cards. Their offense may suck, but that defense has been stellar. I think I'm riding the Cards for two straight weeks (DEN and SF).

Thanks for your help bro. I have the Bears DEF but I don't want to play them against the Pats.

So you would lean more towards the Cardinals than the Eagles? Does it also help that the Cardinals play tomorrow night at home none the less? I feel like it's a toss up between these two.

11 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Everyone confident in Houston @ Jax this week? They got pretty lucky against the Bills last week with Petermen coming into the game.

I also have Houston and wondering how this week's matchup compares to other streaming options this week, colts, or cards? Stick with Houston or move on?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic