NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

I'm rolling with the Cards on TNF over this matchup, but will be starting the Bears going forward after that barring anything unexpected.  

I think the Bears have struggled with defending the quick pass and the slot, the methodical attack like what Rodgers did in the second half and how Miami killed them with the run game and short passes that turned into long gains.  Therefore the Pats, being kings of getting the ball out quick and picking defenses apart, will be big time Kryptonite for this Bears D.  I think you have to avoid this matchup, even if it means a middling start like the Cards.

What they've been exposed on multiple times now that I hope they clean up is a lack of discipline leading to getting KILLED on short passes that go for long gains.  Albert Wilson did it to them multiple times and then there was that play by Cobb earlier in the year.  That's something I'd like to see them limit moving forward, there's no excuse on letting players do that much damage after the catch.

• Thanks 1

If Mack winds up being out, I may actually wind up dropping these guys this week, which is unbelievable after I held them through their bye and everything. Couldn’t have imagined myself writing that a few weeks ago.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

For my money you're not going to do any better than Indy on a streamer.  They may give up some points but the turnovers likely to come out of Buffalo are juicy.  Anderson has thrown 60 INT in 47 career starts and he's thrown a total of about 170 passes this decade.  Who knows what to expect out of him but it probably won't be good.  In 2016 he threw just 53 passes but five were picked off.

Buffalo's QBs have been sacked 24 times - third most in the league.  They just endured a seven-sack mauling by Houston's D.  And, for all of Indy's defensive woes, they are tied for third in the league in total sacks (19) and they are in the middle of the pack in interceptions (five).  So Indy's D can put up the "counting stats," it just gives up a lot of points too.

Been debating Denver or Indy and the above analysis and other have me leaning Indy.

Indy is also 6.5 point favorites at home. Vegas aint dumb.

Indy is getting two key members of their D back (indicated by practice today). 

This D is young, but their's talent there. Disruptive per sack total mentioned above.

Hilton looks like he's back. That will help the offense and put pressure on Anderson.

And Anderson hasn't played in YEARS...and it wouldn't be surprising to see Peterman in there at some point!

10 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

If Mack winds up being out, I may actually wind up dropping these guys this week, which is unbelievable after I held them through their bye and everything. Couldn’t have imagined myself writing that a few weeks ago.

Don't do it if u do bye felicia 

Anderson threw four passes on three years but did well filling in for Cam for two games in 2014. He threw only 6 passes in 2015 and proceeded to suck in the two games he started in 2016. So he has went both ways after a layoff.

He is 34 so not ancient for a QB but it probably says something about him that he couldn't even get a gig as a third stringer this year. Still, I view him as a wild card. His team is awful so it's very unlikely he has a big game but it's definitely within the range of outcomes that he doesn't turn the ball over, which is what we want for fantasy purposes.

45 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Definitely not droppable as they still have a 5-6 PPG average over an average stream defense. Unless you're having serious bye issues or there's some can't miss prospects out there.

For comparison, I dropped Chester Rogers before I dropped these guys. That's the type of player caliber I'd choose to cut over the Bears. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, FitzMagic said:

Just hope you don't have any stat corrections on Thursday.

Texans or colts or cards? I have the Texans but debating about dropping for one of the other two teams mentioned.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Texans or colts or cards? I have the Texans but debating about dropping for one of the other two teams mentioned.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks in advance

I have a gut feeling telling me to stay away from the Colts. I could be wrong, but I’m going with the Cards. I’m actually going to start them this week and next week.

1 minute ago, MellamoMike said:

Anyone like Miami this week against Detroit? Honestly one of the better options in my wire right now

It’s thin IMO.  The only player not practicing on Wednesday was Theo riddick, so the lions are healthy off the bye .... versus a team coming off a deep into OT game in 100 degree heat.

Stafford can have his moments of awfulness tho. 

16 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

It’s thin IMO.  The only player not practicing on Wednesday was Theo riddick, so the lions are healthy off the bye .... versus a team coming off a deep into OT game in 100 degree heat.

Stafford can have his moments of awfulness tho. 

Lions then? Broncos? 

I am absolutely lost on the wire this week for D/ST lol

Edited by MellamoMike
12 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's really hard to fade a team that was really disappointing the week before. Odds are it was an aberration. I know it's NE, but I can't stomach carrying two defenses again. Really missing out on prospects is not worth it. Even if the Bears score 4 points, it's not a week losing proposition.

The only way you should bench these guys is if you're a huge underdog and need some upside. But, I'm struggling to find better waiver propositions as they were picked up already. Didn't want to waste FAAB. Even the Colts aren't a slam dunk. They are a terrible fantasy defense. 

This sounds exactly like my thought process when doing waivers last night. 

Not going to burn a priority for some other defense that ends up doing no better, and I just cannot carry 2 Defenses this early.

Just gotta roll with Bears. Half of picking defenses is psychological IMO. A good defense coming off an embarrassing road performance, at home against Brady should have their full focus. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic