NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

If Mack sits I might sit the defense. But then I'd be forced to drop someone to pick up a 2nd defense. Ugh! Just went through the bye.

Going with the Cardinals tomorrow unfortunately since it's TNF. Can't risk Mack sitting, or being ineffective, against this defense. Looks like carrying two defenses again...

27 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

This sounds exactly like my thought process when doing waivers last night. 

Not going to burn a priority for some other defense that ends up doing no better, and I just cannot carry 2 Defenses this early.

Just gotta roll with Bears. Half of picking defenses is psychological IMO. A good defense coming off an embarrassing road performance, at home against Brady should have their full focus. 

I kind of have the thought process. But seeing Mack as a DNP gives me hesitance of his effectiveness and overall downgrade of this defense. If he practiced today, I'd feel more comfortable just eating the start. But, I don't want to now. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Going with the Cardinals tomorrow unfortunately since it's TNF. Can't risk Mack sitting, or being ineffective, against this defense. Looks like carrying two defenses again...

No reason to start a TNF defense and make the decision that early. The Cards are terrible and get run on every week.

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Definitely not droppable as they still have a 5-6 PPG average over an average stream defense. Unless you're having serious bye issues or there's some can't miss prospects out there.

For comparison, I dropped Chester Rogers before I dropped these guys. That's the type of player caliber I'd choose to cut over the Bears. 

Every league is different, but I think I could probably drop them in my 10-teamer without repercussions. They’re a terrible play this week against Brady and have a legit chance of getting a goose egg, especially if Mack sits. It will be two terrible games in a row. And if he misses an extended period of time, they just won’t be the same D they were earlier in the season. I think they might have peaked too early. And playoffs schedule is pretty rough too, if you’re looking that far ahead. I’m going to pay attention to the practice reports on Mack this week, but unless we get some good news I’m definitely on the verge of dropping and going back to streaming Ds like I normally do.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
4 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Every league is different, but I think I could probably drop them in my 10-teamer without repercussions. They’re a terrible play this week against Brady and have a legit chance of getting a goose egg, especially if Mack sits. It will be two terrible games in a row. And if he misses an extended period of time, they just won’t be the same D they were earlier in the season. I think they might have peaked too early. And playoffs schedule is pretty rough too, if you’re looking that far ahead. I’m going to pay attention to the practice reports on Mack this week, but unless we get some good news I’m definitely on the verge of dropping and going back to streaming Ds like I normally do.

Obviously a huge downgrade of Mack sits, but there must be someone on people's bench to drop ahead of them. Playing the Jets and the Bills the next two weeks is as enticing as any matchup we'll see in FF this year. Worth the hold even if just for that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Somehow ended up with indy in both leagues. 

li had a very low ww priority, so i missed 'em - damn, would've loved to feast on Anderson.  gl. 

1 hour ago, afgolfman666 said:

I’d go broncos over the fins for sure .  Prefer the cardinals in that same game over the broncos seeing that they’re at home 

however, all three mentioned here were available after waiver run ... still debating Cards or Broncs.    love that the Cards are at home (which is usually the tilting factor in these kinda tossups), but looks like 'Zona is banged up on the o-line, and Mr. Ed just called out his once vaunted D - tough not banking on Miller and Chubb wreaking havoc in the desert.  

21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

but looks like 'Zona is banged up on the o-line, and Mr. Ed just called out his once vaunted D - tough not banking on Miller and Chubb wreaking havoc in the desert.  

Curious to know details on banged up ARI o line? Do you know? Also... who’s Mr Ed? This is more of an IDP question for me (Chubb). Thanks.

43 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Curious to know details on banged up ARI o line? Do you know? Also... who’s Mr Ed? This is more of an IDP question for me (Chubb). Thanks.

Im assuming Mr Horseface himself Bojack Horseman, I mean John Elway.

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Iupati and Pugh were either limited or dnp for practices this week.  check today's status, but they are both dinged. 

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Im assuming Mr Horseface himself Bojack Horseman, I mean John Elway.

WINNAH! :lol:

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

li had a very low ww priority, so i missed 'em - damn, would've loved to feast on Anderson.  gl. 

however, all three mentioned here were available after waiver run ... still debating Cards or Broncs.    love that the Cards are at home (which is usually the tilting factor in these kinda tossups), but looks like 'Zona is banged up on the o-line, and Mr. Ed just called out his once vaunted D - tough not banking on Miller and Chubb wreaking havoc in the desert.  

Cardinals rule out Mike Iupati, list Justin Pugh as questionable

Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2018, 4:14 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Cardinals will be facing a team that’s allowed 593 rushing yards over the last two weeks, so they may have an opportunity to get David Johnson on track.

That will have to happen without an offensive line operating at full strength, however. The Cardinals handed in their final injury report for the week on Wednesday and three of the five players are interior linemen.

Left guard Mike Iupati has been ruled out with a back injury while right guard Justin Pugh is questionable after breaking his hand in last week’s loss to the Vikings. Interior reserve Jeremy Vujnovich, who played 27 snaps last week, has also been ruled out with a hamstring injury. Daniel Munyer and John Wetzel also saw time in reserve last week and both could be called on at points on Thursday.

The Cardinals also ruled out safety Tre Boston with shoulder and rib injuries. Cornerback Jamar Taylor is listed as questionable with a back injury.

• Thanks 1

What do people think about the Buffalo defense? They are third in total defense and rank high in many defensive stats. Luck has put points on the board but also has tossed a fair number of interceptions.

Yeah, Tyler. Chargers are a top 5 play this week. Denver can move the ball somewhat; the Titans can't.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Ace_King said:

What do people think about the Buffalo defense? They are third in total defense and rank high in many defensive stats. Luck has put points on the board but also has tossed a fair number of interceptions.

Yeah, Tyler. Chargers are a top 5 play this week. Denver can move the ball somewhat; the Titans can't.

I picked up Buffalo for this week because they were the best option on my waiver wire.  The thing I'm concerned about with them is that Derek Anderson is at qb and he isn't very good.  Hopefully that doesn't lead to good field position for the Colts due to interceptions etc.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

I have LAC this week vs Titans.

But Jax D was just dropped. Worth the scoop for this week and beyond?

Last year, yeah. This year? There are better options than Jax. Sure, you could stream this week. I'm not really sure if it is a defense I'd hold long-term. I'd take the Chargers though v Titans.

Looking for opinions ...

I have Rams defense since week 1 and they’ve gotten progressively worse (injuries, I realize). Their ROS schedule looks rough, especially the next few weeks (@SF, v GB, @NO, v SEA, v KC). I don’t even like the SF game this week since SF put up so many points at GB. 

I’m probably dropping for AZ tonight (v Den on TNF) and then streaming ROS.  

Thoughts on dropping Rams D? 

colts are probably the stream this week..  but having houston and seeing how good they have been lately and dallas clobbered that line of jags, texans at jax might be a better play.. coin flip to analysts

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic