NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Assuming Mack will be perpetually injured, this D is going to have a hard time stopping anyone. Buffalo matchup looks like a trap game at this point as Nagy can't seem to keep this bunch focused

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Assuming Mack will be perpetually injured, this D is going to have a hard time stopping anyone. Buffalo matchup looks like a trap game at this point as Nagy can't seem to keep this bunch focused

I'll take my chances with the Bears at home vs. Darnold. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'll take my chances with the Bears at home vs. Darnold. 

Of course...where did all the sacks go? Clearly someone else can get pressure besides Mack

Clearly Khalil Mack is looking like a big bust and wasted contract at this point. Raiders might have finally won one

Edited by Dr. Whom
39 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Clearly Khalil Mack is looking like a big bust and wasted contract at this point. Raiders might have finally won one

When i say the same exact thing i get told to delete my account. But ok.

They have looked leaky to short passes the last couple weeks. Difficulty tackling after the catch. Hopefully it doesn't carry over into next week. They are still forcing turnovers and getting some sacks at least.

Schedule looks good moving forward.  I knew these last 2 weeks would be tough, but it will be worth it.  There are a few land mines in there, but it's about as good as it gets.

On 10/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Thinking about picking up a defense for next week. Top choices are Steelers (vs. Browns) or 49ers (vs. Cardinals). I'm leaning towards the 49ers, simply because the Cardinals offense is absolutely terrible. 

Any thoughts?

Yeah Steelers rested at home versus rookie Mayfield looks like a no brainer.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, DekuTree said:
Personally liking the Jets and Lions this week

And this is why I've been terrible at streaming this year...

Anyway, any fellow Rams owners out there looking at the weeks ahead and getting a sinking feeling? GB-NO-SEA-KC-BYE
How many out there are trying to hold on, and what options are you looking at for fill-ins?

Kicking myself for not picking up the Patriots before the week started.

@ BUF

vs GB <-- Bench

@ TEN

@ NYJ

vs MIN <-- Bench

@ MIA

@ PIT <-- Bench

vs BUF (Fantasy Championship)

Startable in 5 of the next 8 weeks and a match up against Buffalo for the fantasy football championship. If you're willing to roster two defenses I'd pick up the Patriots and hold them past GB at least. 

Anyone have a streaming defense that would pair well with the Patriots for those of us who start to roster two defenses around this time of the season?

Edited by munde53
1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

How we feeling about riding with the Colts again?

I have them now. But looking at the Steelers. They are playing Oakland without Marshawn and now cooper, looks like they are tanking. Colts off is decent now to not put their def in negative positions. Anyone else?

What are people doing that own the Rams def?

I have them and currently they're the #1 def in my league....But don't like their matchups at all over the next month with elite QB's in every game that don't make many mistakes.  Then they have a bye.

Their playoff schedule looks decent though and last two weeks are a dream with the Cards and 49ers.

I have a short bench and just not sure I'll be able to hold two defenses through bye weeks.

27 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I have them and currently they're the #1 def in my league....But don't like their matchups at all over the next month with elite QB's in every game that don't make many mistakes.  Then they have a bye.

Their playoff schedule looks decent though and last two weeks are a dream with the Cards and 49ers.

I have a short bench and just not sure I'll be able to hold two defenses through bye weeks.

Depends on your team and if you can hold 2 def. They may also pull starters week 16 which could let ari and the 49ers score. I would drop then.

27 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I dropped them last week before the Niners game thinking the Niners would put up some points (mistake 1). I picked up and started AZ against Denver (mistake 2).  My opponent picked up Rams D and proceeded to beat me by 2 points (karma 1).  I do agree their schedule the next few weeks is not great, which is why I dropped in the first place. I'll probably regret it though since it seems Rams D is getting healthy again.  

What is MINN's outlook all season? I have them, but I also picked up NE D. I know it's a newbie move to hold two DEF. Is Minny droppable? They have Saints this week and then DET, and then a bye. 

Or should I just hold both? They pair up pretty good together it seems. NE has Green bay next week, and Minn has Detroit.

NE has bye week 11, while Minn plays the bears. And tribusky can very well turn it over.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic