NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

10 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Anyone think AZ can duplicate the 21pts against SF 2 weeks ago?  Or is it a trap game?

9 hours ago, joed2323 said:

Arizona was suppose to have a good game this past week. They netted me 3 points!

Im hoping they'll be pissed off this week after that embarrassment last Thursday; extra rest too.

I tried to pick up either Arizona or Pittsburgh in one league and was beaten to both by others with higher waiver priority. So it looks like i'll have no choice but to stick with the Colts in both leagues this week.

Fortunately in one league i had some spare roster space so i've picked up the Chiefs for Week 9 & 10 (Cleveland & Arizona). I'm tempted to even start them over the Colts this week (vs Denver).

Edited by Sartorialism
23 hours ago, floppy said:

no one thinking the chiefs? a home vs denver, at cleveland then home vs arizona. 3 solid weeks in a row.

KC is the D everyone will be talking about grabbing next week. They will crush Denver this week and should put up Defensive points. The fantasy community tends to be slow to get on the band wagon of an emerging defense. They seem to be playing better and will eventually get healthy and they do have a nice schedule. Teams will always be playing from behind against them. 

Edited by mongidig
29 minutes ago, twistedude said:

Is the Jags DST worth hanging onto? Or is it time to dump them for a streamer? They've barely scored so far this season and are outside of the top 20 DST's in scoring.

In a ten team league for sure.

I think they will get it going probably after the bye and after Fournette gets back. In bigger leagues they might be a hold if you have a spot. I wouldn't blame you for dropping them if you can't wait.

2 hours ago, joed2323 said:

Anyone think the colts can put together another solid game this week?

I'm rolling with the colts again this week. I picked them up last week with the intention of playing them last week and this and they've done nothing to make me want to dump them yet. Oakland are poor too and give the 5th most points to DSTs. Play them this week and dump them next week

Really been struggling what to do with the Rams def and think I'm moving on to streaming.  I hate letting them go but the next 4 weeks don't look very good at all with GB, NO, Seattle and KC.  Then it's a bye week and at Det out of the bye.  Seattle isn't too scary but Wilson is solid at they've played much better after the first couple weeks.  

The only thing I'd want to hold them for right now is Weeks 16 and 17.  Honestly when you look at defensive scoring though, they're honestly not that far ahead of even the 15th defense...only a couple points a week on average.  The Rams have really only scored well against putrid offenses.....Against decent offenses they've generally had low scoring defensive weeks.  I mean, they had 5 points total in the previous 3 weeks before the blow up 49ers game.

As for streaming, I was able to snag the Pats this week....Have my eye on the Chargers in the coming weeks if Bosa returns.  Even the Cowboys in Week 9 may not be too bad at home in a must win game against the Titans for forward lookers.

32 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I'm rolling with the colts again this week. I picked them up last week with the intention of playing them last week and this and they've done nothing to make me want to dump them yet. Oakland are poor too and give the 5th most points to DSTs. Play them this week and dump them next week

I think I'm rolling with them again, too. I laso grabbed PIT and have my eye on WASH and KC(for next two weeks, esp) but will drop one once I make a decision.

27 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Going with Philly this week. They got dropped for some reason. They have to improve I'd think. Too much talent on that defense to keep playing mediocre.

Games in london can be crazy but Jax offense is just bad. Thats a good move.

Do i trust the ravens against Carolina who doesnt turn the ball over or plug in the redskins against the giants? I need some points from my defense this week to get me by without gordon or julio.

available are chiefs, cardinals, 49ers

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Games in london can be crazy but Jax offense is just bad. Thats a good move.

Do i trust the ravens against Carolina who doesnt turn the ball over or plug in the redskins against the giants? I need some points from my defense this week to get me by without gordon or julio.

I'd probably go Skins. Like you said, Carolina is stingy. The Giants are a mess. They didn't even do well against a struggling Atlanta defense with many injuries.

• Thanks 1

I currently have MIN vs NO set in my lineup. Should I be streaming a DEF instead this week? Options include:

WAS @ NYG
SEA @ DET
ARI vs SF
SF @ ARI
PIT vs CLE
MIA vs HOU
etc.

Note this would be pending Michel/Breida being listed as "out" this week and thrown on my IR (which is probably more likely than not). If I don't stream a DEF I could pick up someone like Cobb, J. Richard, Barner, Ivory, etc.

14 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

Any advice on which D to grab?  Jets @Chi, WSH @ NYG, AZ or SF (play eachother), also possibly KC (Home vs DEN).

I'm pretty lost here, anyone?

KC. That offense puts up points in a hurry and forces team to play make mistakes while playing catch up. They also have very good match ups coming. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I currently have MIN vs NO set in my lineup. Should I be streaming a DEF instead this week? Options include:

WAS @ NYG
SEA @ DET
ARI vs SF
SF @ ARI
PIT vs CLE
MIA vs HOU
etc.

Note this would be pending Michel/Breida being listed as "out" this week and thrown on my IR (which is probably more likely than not). If I don't stream a DEF I could pick up someone like Cobb, J. Richard, Barner, Ivory, etc.

Im streaming PIT vs CLE

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I think this is a perfectly fine strategy.  There's risk starting a weak defensive unit on the road but let's look at Oakland's situation.  They've sucked all year and now their top two offensive players are gone.  Indy offense is going gangbusters which could mean a lead for them forcing Carr to try to throw a bunch.  Indy's pass rush could have a field day.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic