NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

IMO they're a D that I'd want to stream with another D, because they do have some rough matchups, including vs.GB next week, @PIT week 15,  vs.MIN week 13 and their BYE week 11. And aside from last weeks game against CHI where they got 2 TD's while giving up 31 pts, they've only had one other double digit point game (at least with the scoring settings in the leagues I'm in, vs.MIA week 4). But if you're planning for the playoffs, those week 14 and week 16 matchups look awfully nice (@MIA, vs.BUF respectively).

That's exactly my plan, probably gonna try for KC D or Jets D to couple with them for the GB Pit and Min weeks. ( and bye too )

Something is just too tasty about BillB scheming to shut down Ten, Buf and NYJ offenses for 5 out of the final 8 weeks of the season. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

That's exactly my plan, probably gonna try for KC D or Jets D to couple with them for the GB Pit and Min weeks. ( and bye too )

Something is just too tasty about BillB scheming to shut down Ten, Buf and NYJ offenses for 5 out of the final 8 weeks of the season. 

Agreed, I like to consider the Pats every fantasy playoffs considering the division they play in, lol

3 hours ago, em33 said:

So I have 1 space for stashing a defense, which one do you like the best for playoffs? I have the Redskins (They play @JAX and @TEN in playoffs) 

I don't think the Redskins are a good enough defense to bother stashing them for that long.  And both of those matchups are on the road....I generally try to stream home defenses with good matchups if I can help it.

I just wouldn't tie up the roster spot this soon....Too much opportunity cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

This sounds good on paper but boy that Defense is slow!

2 hours ago, NInsko said:

Picked up KC. They seem like the perfect team to grab, Den Cleve Ariz  with the Rams next few games GB NO Sea (i like the Rams match up here) . Plus KC Return game is pretty nice.

They are playing better, especially in the secondary. Hopefully they get some of their injured players back soon.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2018 at 1:04 AM, goalsnine said:

Anyone streaming KC D this week ?

I am. Actually, I think KC is an emerging D and will be using them most weeks from here on out. 

I'm a Bronco fan. They had their chance at home and blew it. I have no doubt that the Chiefs will blow them out and the Broncos will have plenty of turnovers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

KC is still out there but I’m still gonna roll with the Colts. 

I think this is close. Something tells me that the Raiders are going to come out of their bye and play well...That's just my gut talking.

16 hours ago, mongidig said:

They are playing better, especially in the secondary. Hopefully they get some of their injured players back soon.

KC next 2 weeks are juicy even after den.

I picked up skins this week and i have jets still but i may drop jets for kc

3 minutes ago, shift05 said:

Anybody going to hold onto the Bears for the ROS, or have they just become another team to stream on plus matchups?

I'm holding them. The schedule is weak and they become an elite option when Mack plays.

As long as I'm not losing points from my D/ST I'm fine with that.

Edited by devaster
7 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm holding them. The schedule is weak and they become an elite option when Mack plays.

As long as I'm not losing points from my D/ST I'm fine with that.

Was not aware that Mack was sidelined for week 8, will have to pay more attention for week 9. Hopefully he comes back for week 9, as I'm not crazy about potentially having to roster another Defense. 

I'm in it for the long haul.  Yes, they've sucked it up lately.  But if Mack is back, this defense can be a difference maker.  I'm happy not to have to fight waivers for the "start of the week" defense which sometimes hits and sometimes doesn't.  I'd rather hold a known quantity.

The Bears are a good defense even without Mack. Last season they were one of the better units. And with Mack they become an elite option. They have playmakers that create turnovers and guys that can score defensive TD's. A healthy Mack elevates them to an elite option that can score 10+ points a week.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm in it for the long haul.  Yes, they've sucked it up lately.  But if Mack is back, this defense can be a difference maker.  I'm happy not to have to fight waivers for the "start of the week" defense which sometimes hits and sometimes doesn't.  I'd rather hold a known quantity.

This, it's just easier holding a defense that we all know is elite when Mack is healthy. Plus, as soon as you drop them they're going to get taken instantly and you won't be able to get them back ROS. 

35 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Bears are a good defense even without Mack. Last season they were one of the better units. And with Mack they become an elite option. They have playmakers that create turnovers and guys that can score defensive TD's. A healthy Mack elevates them to an elite option that can score 10+ points a week.

Hanging onto them for sure. But they basically produced no results against a crap JETS offense yesterday. Barely any sacks, barely any turnovers. It was a decent day, but I expected more.

Maybe the JETS game plan was to run and get rid of the ball quickly, but the Bears didn't create a big enough lead as well to get the Jets in pass-happy mode.

Anyways, they have the Bills this week. Yeah- start them. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic