NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

10 minutes ago, Lebowski54 said:

I need 9 points tonight from Pats defense in a huge fantasy game for me. I figure there’s about an 80% chance they achieve that. Scoring is Yahoo standard. What do you all think?

If derek anderson is playing, huge possibility, plus Patterson could return one to the house.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

If derek anderson is playing, huge possibility, plus Patterson could return one to the house.

I’m banking on that defense devouring Anderson. Only concern is if they get a monstrous lead and then allow the Bills to get some garbage time points. 

40 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

How many weeks has Mack been out? I know he was been dealing with an injury but the past 3 games the defense hasn’t been great. I’m hoping next week against the Bills is a get right game for them. 

He hasn't been healthy during those games and was out this week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hanging onto them for sure. But they basically produced no results against a crap JETS offense yesterday. Barely any sacks, barely any turnovers. It was a decent day, but I expected more.

Maybe the JETS game plan was to run and get rid of the ball quickly, but the Bears didn't create a big enough lead as well to get the Jets in pass-happy mode.

Anyways, they have the Bills this week. Yeah- start them. 

It’s bizarre to read stuff like this because they completely and utterly dominated the Jets offense.  I’m talking STUFFED and demoralized.

But yeah, it didn’t result in very many fantasy points.

But still a misleading review for people who are on the fence, and you’d know that if you watched the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any thoughts on a Lions and Dolphins stack?  For people who play through week 17, we got the Dolphins Bills week 17, Dolphins Jags week 16, Lions Bills week 15, Lions Cards week 14, Dolphins Bills week 13, and Dolphins Jets week 9-- as far as nice matchups go.  Week 10 either Fins Packers or Lions Bears, week 11 Lions Panthers, week 12 either Fins Colts or Lions Bears.  We scurred of the Bears in a yardage league?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It’s bizarre to read stuff like this because they completely and utterly dominated the Jets offense.  I’m talking STUFFED and demoralized.

But yeah, it didn’t result in very many fantasy points.

But still a misleading review for people who are on the fence, and you’d know that if you watched the game.

You don't even need to watch the game, a quick look at the box score will tell you the Jets had 3 pts going into the 4th quarter.

This is still an extremely strong defense, but they're missing Mack's disruptive plays in the backfield, that's where the fantasy points have been coming from.

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I thought Mack hurt himself vs. MIA...

He played through the injuries for 2 games if I remember it right. I didn't fact check that though, just going off memory. Hopefully him sitting out this week gets him good to go for next week.

Edited by Godeep

1 hour ago, oaklandy said:

Are y’all still confident with KC defense for the next two weeks?? Didn’t watch the game but again, gave up ton of yardage. I’d like to start them but not looking for more sub-10 point performances

Cleveland dumpster fire is next. I'll hold this week then go back to the Rams. In retrospect I should have picked up the Redskins. 

5 hours ago, oaklandy said:

Are y’all still confident with KC defense for the next two weeks?? Didn’t watch the game but again, gave up ton of yardage. I’d like to start them but not looking for more sub-10 point performances

They scored 9 points. Nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

They scored 9 points. Nothing wrong with that. 

Only 6 in leagues that take yardage into account.. they stay giving up a bunch of yards

While washington got me 14. More than double that.

Edited by oaklandy

11 hours ago, Pooskay said:

I thought Mack hurt himself vs. MIA...

He did. Didn't bother looking up the schedule earlier. He played in the majority of the MIA game injured and the entire NE game injured. Sat this week. Salivating at the Buffalo match up next week.

5 hours ago, oaklandy said:

Only 6 in leagues that take yardage into account.. they stay giving up a bunch of yards

While washington got me 14. More than double that.

Yeah they shouldn't really be an option in those leagues. They're always gonna give up yards. 

53 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Garbage can D without Mack

Never mind that there are like 6 guys aside from Mack playing at a pro bowl level.  Hicks, Callahan, and Jackson are definitely going to Hawaii, while Goldman, Amos, and Roquan are playing lights out, but they’ll get overshadowed.  And then you got Trevathan and Amakamura as steady as ever.  My god, this defense is stacked.  Even with top pick Leonard Floyd playing like a bust and Kyle Fuller not earning his paycheck.   

That Sox in your username - let’s hope that you’re from Boston, because if you’re a Chicagoan, you might qualify as legally blind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic