NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

I'm jealous of those of you that held onto Bears D...

Un. Leash. The. Peter. Man. Peterman has attempted 81 career passes. According to Pro Football Reference's Play Index, Peterman's 11.11 interception percentage is ninth-worst all time for a player with at least that number of throws. It's the worst INT rate since "Randy Hedberg" for the 1977 Bucs. Peterman is historically bad, but the Bills keep leaving him on the roster and in turn keep getting forced into starting him by injuries. Peterman will be facing Khalil Mack's Bears on Sunday. Our thoughts are with him.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Mack is hurt...no pass rush/pressure so this game will be closer than you think. 

Mack wouldn't miss this game for the world even if he was hurt. He could get DPOY and like 9 unanimous AP all pro position votes after this. He only regrets this game didn't come before he signed his contract, otherwise there would be another zero at the end of it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Dont like Chargers and seattle, but oak, den and ari is pretty good. Esp denver trading away DT makes covering sanders much easier. 

This week, chiefs, cowboys are where im going to look. 

You’re forgetting Sutton, who most would argue has been/will be more productive than Thomas.  I too think KC or DAL is who I’m streaming this week.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, HTM said:

Still trying to wrap my head around that Buffalo v. Minnesota game... so bizarre.

The Cousins fumbles killed the Vikings. Playing in catchup mode and not using Latavius Murray was also a bad decision as well. Plus, Allen played the game of his life that day, hurdling defenders and not committing turnovers.

1 hour ago, HTM said:

Still trying to wrap my head around that Buffalo v. Minnesota game... so bizarre.

The Buffalo D is talented. Young, but talented. 

MN clearly walked into that game and thought they could just sleepwalk through the game and get a W. Nope. Got punched in the mouth.

The Bears better watch out. Peterman or not, that D locked down NE last night. Very very impressive. They've got quicks too so don't think Mr. Cohen is going to run wild. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

The Bears better watch out. Peterman or not, that D locked down NE last night. Very very impressive. They've got quicks too so don't think Mr. Cohen is going to run wild. 

I’m not giving Mitch any traditional passing TDs.  Just a little confusing screen to Cohen for a TD and a $$$Money Mitch$$$ rushing score.  Add a few field goals, and that should be fine.

The Bears don't even need Mack.  Peterman's horrible under Pressure but decent in a clean pocket.  The Bears don't blitz much but if they can't generate pressure otherwise, they should dial up the blitzes.  Ravens are the most blitz heavy team in the league and they destroyed Peterman week 1.  Pressure is his kryptonite.  I'm sure the Bears will make sure to get pressure on him with or without Mack, cause they only had one sack last week.  If they let him get comfortable in the pocket, that would be a mistake

32 minutes ago, rocket said:

The Bears don't even need Mack.  Peterman's horrible under Pressure but decent in a clean pocket.  The Bears don't blitz much but if they can't generate pressure otherwise, they should dial up the blitzes.  Ravens are the most blitz heavy team in the league and they destroyed Peterman week 1.  Pressure is his kryptonite.  I'm sure the Bears will make sure to get pressure on him with or without Mack, cause they only had one sack last week.  If they let him get comfortable in the pocket, that would be a mistake

This...nagy and staff are morons and will do the opposite of what works

1 hour ago, Griffin6687 said:

Thoughts on Panthers? I have them, worth dropping for KC?

Yeah. Fitz could have a turnover fest but Tampa is #1 in offense (as measured by yards) and have put up points in every Fitz appearance except one. Even if he has 2 interceptions it likely will come with multiple TDs and a good points total by TB. I'm rolling with KC across the board, other than one league where they aren't available and I am keeping Houston and the two leagues where I have the Bears. 

Yeah this is a tough week for streaming DSTs. I'm currently on the Panthers v TB but it's hard to know which version of Fitzpatrick will be facing them. Carolina have quietly gone aboout scoring double digits points in all but two games this season. Last year, they scored 20+ points both times they played TB (not sure if that's relevant to this year) and TB have given up the 4th highest points to opposing DSTs this season, albeit with two different QBs. Honestly, I'm not seeing a lot of other valuable options out there. Only other realistic options are

Chargers @ SEA (probably not)

Dolphins v NYJ (maybe)

Titans @ DAL (probably not)

If in doubt, I usually go with the home team so it's either Carolina or Miami for me this week. Panthers for now I think

Edited by CookiesOmNom
5 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Oakland, Miami or bills?

@EvanSilva

#49ers possible TNF starting QB Nick Mullens committed 5 turnovers in 93 preseason snaps. Equivalent of about a game and a half.

Im all in on Oakland this week as a defense and survivor pick. They actually put up points and 49ers have no weapons outside of Kittle and now no one to get him the ball. TNF games are almost always one sided and it looks pretty clear which side it will go tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic