NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

It's been a disappointing few weeks for the Bears D after an incredible start.  Seems like Mack is still hobbled.  But this is a dream matchup against Peterman.  They likely will be over 50% played in Daily Fantasy, I'm guessing.  Do they disappoint?  Or do they do what they're supposed to do?  Let's hope the latter!

19 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's been a disappointing few weeks for the Bears D after an incredible start.  Seems like Mack is still hobbled.  But this is a dream matchup against Peterman.  They likely will be over 50% played in Daily Fantasy, I'm guessing.  Do they disappoint?  Or do they do what they're supposed to do?  Let's hope the latter!

If I had the chance to play a WWFA D regardless of who it is I'd do it here.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If I had the chance to play a WWFA D regardless of who it is I'd do it here.

I don't agree at all. The Bears are going to be a safe high floor D/ST this week. And the match up is very enticing. As long as the Bears offense doesn't implode and continually turn the ball over in their territory the Bears D/ST will do just fine with upside to do great. The Bills aren't a scary defense or offense. Their defense has caught a couple bad teams or bad weeks for the opposing offense that implodes and turns the ball over constantly. I like Nagy's approach.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, devaster said:

I don't agree at all. The Bears are going to be a safe high floor D/ST this week. And the match up is very enticing. As long as the Bears offense doesn't implode and continually turn the ball over in their territory the Bears D/ST will do just fine with upside to do great. The Bills aren't a scary defense or offense. Their defense has caught a couple bad teams or bad weeks for the opposing offense that implodes and turns the ball over constantly. I like Nagy's approach.

Ha - I think you misunderstood me. If I had to make a claim on one of the worst WW defenses v the Bills I'd do it, so thinking the Bears are a questionable play this week is precisely what I do not agree with. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Ha - I think you misunderstood me. If I had to make a claim on one of the worst WW defenses v the Bills I'd do it, so thinking the Bears are a questionable play this week is precisely what I do not agree with. 

Ah okay. My bad. Thought you were recommending streaming this week over the Bears.

• Like 1

I've been streaming defenses a couple of time this year against the Bills, 1) Titans -- a bit disappointing for fantasy, but respectable  2) Colts -- one of the top performers that week.  I've been waiting for the Bears to take on the Bills.  The key will be to force Buffalo into obvious passing downs by getting ahead in the game by more than one score.  Once the Pats got ahead by more than one score and put the Bills into obvious passing situations last week, it was game over.  Pick 6 and another turnover -- everything snowballing at that point.  I was rooting hard for the Pats D against the Bills as one of my rivals was going against them and that caused him to lose and give me a little separation in the standings.    

As I said earlier in this thread, Peterman can't handle pressure.  The Bears need to get pressure on him any way they can, if not with their normal pass rush then by the blitz.  If / when they do, there's the potential for multiple TD's on D.  The ceiling for the Chicago D this week is sky high 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Bears have a horrible lineup during first two rounds of fantasy playoffs

Depends on when your playoffs happen but "playoffs" in my league are Wk14/15.

Home both games those weeks: Rams, Packers.

Bears D hosting the west-coast, fair weather/fast track Rams on DEC 9 in CHI at 10AM PST.

Bears D scored a TD vs the Pack week one in Lambo. Rogers was healthy then. So were Cobb, Allison etc. This is Dec 16.

They're on the road @SF in Wk 16 - all that depends on whether the Bears have anything to play for (SF obviously won't). Who knows what happens here. By then there may/may not be better options on the wire.

Summary - Hold.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

If peterman plays, this defense is going to feast

The Bears are sack-less both literally and figuratively...they generate zero pressure on the QB and their numbers are skewed by their first 4 games against weak opponents. With Mack out, they have zero pass rush so the Bills are going to feast in this ultimate trap game.

Edited by Dr. Whom
4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

The Bears are sack-less both literally and figuratively...they generate zero pressure on the QB and their numbers are skewed by their first 4 games against weak opponents. With Mack out, they have zero pass rush so the Bills are going to feast in this ultimate trap game.

You’re talking about the Buffalo Bills right?   Or is there another Bills team that doesn’t suck that I’m not aware of?

Edited by lla887
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Big question: Who is dropping the CHI D after this week?

Upcoming schedule:

* DET

* MN

* @DET

Don't like any of these matchups. Next game is @NYG. Not sure it's worth waiting for...especially since the LAR and GB are right after.

Think it may be bye bye for me.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic