NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

by RotoWire Staff
(3 mins ago) Mack (ankle) practiced fully Wednesday.

Mack attended Wednesday's walkthrough and proceeded to handle every practice rep. Barring a setback with his right ankle, he's in line to put an end to a two-game absence Sunday against the Lions, who just allowed the Vikings to sack Matthew Stafford 10 times Week 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I got the Jets and the Bears, who to play this week?  I mean the Bills are just too hard to pass up, but the Lions just gave up 10 sacks so...?

Jets don't have the same level of talent on defense. And DA is supposed to be starting this week, not Peterman. He is a massive upgrade compared to Peterman. Jets also without Donald and will struggle to do anything offensively.

Bears bears bears.

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

I got the Jets and the Bears, who to play this week?  I mean the Bills are just too hard to pass up, but the Lions just gave up 10 sacks so...?

I think alot of those sacks were on Stafford.  Without  Golden Tate to dump it off to, he's holding on to the ball longer and that was a big factor in the sack total.  But who are we kidding, last week's Vikings D was the kind of D we've been waiting to show up all year.  Everson Griffen back in full force makes that D a force to be reckoned with.  All the points Detroit gave up to defenses have been in 3 games, weeks 1 (Jets), 8 (Seahawks), 9 (Vikings). 

43 minutes ago, devaster said:

Jets don't have the same level of talent on defense. And DA is supposed to be starting this week, not Peterman. He is a massive upgrade compared to Peterman. Jets also without Donald and will struggle to do anything offensively.

Anderson still has given up a good # of turnovers himself, including a pick 6 against the Pats D. 

I'm playing the Bears D but have some concerns they might be a better real world defense than a fantasy defense this week.  They can stuff the Lions run game and make them one dimensional. The Bears Offense didn't do much last week, and I don't know how of that can be attributed just to the big lead they had and how much a role injuries to Allen Robinson and OG Kyle Long played.  But the Jets are a great play based on bad the Bills look, they may even be the safer play based on how many points the Bills give up.  If the Bills can't get the run game going on offense and play with a lead, they are toast.

7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

looking ahead to next week, scoop Arizona now on the cheap ...they may have been dropped because of facing KC, but they get Oakland at home next game. 

I already grabbed them for this exact reason :D 

My current road map with my Defense selected on right:

Week 10-KC vs Zona

Week  11-Zona vs Oak

Week 12-Pats vs NYJ

Week 13- KC vs Oak

Week 14- Pats vs Mia ( may go get Pitt for their game vs Oakland dropping Zona after Week 11)

Week 15- Need a Defense. Thinking Cincy vs Oakland or Den vs Cle both are home games for team in bold and will drop KC or my Week 14 D.

Week 16- Pats vs Buff

Week 17- Pats vs NYJ or KC vs Oakland

KC gets Oakland twice and NE gets NYJ twice and Buf once RoS.  Week 13-15 I might try to get Oakland three in a row as my Defenses opponent.  I don't know how competitive KC will try to be Week 17 however so I am hesitant to keep them after Week 13. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic