NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

Just now, jcedwards said:

CHI @ MIN

BAL vs CIN

I used BAL when they played CIN last time and got burned, so I'm hesitant to roll them out again. However, CIN struggled without Green last week and will be without him again.

I have both CHI and BAL and am starting CHI without hesitation. FWIW, I added BAL D this morning just to block my opponent from getting them. He'll now have to stick with the Rams vs. KC. I do like BAL though this week vs. CIN. CIN is a different team sans AJ.

2 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Whys Pittsburgh ranked so high? The jags have fournette back now 

2 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

Blake Bortles. Fourtnette or not, he's susceptible to turnovers.

This by Sartorialism....Fournette is back but Jags just lost their starting center i believe. I actually have fournette on bench this week due to better options/match ups but at 2.2 yards a carry vs Indy, i have a feeling he may only provide slightly better yards per carry against a much better Pitt team that is on a tear. 

51 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This by Sartorialism....Fournette is back but Jags just lost their starting center i believe. I actually have fournette on bench this week due to better options/match ups but at 2.2 yards a carry vs Indy, i have a feeling he may only provide slightly better yards per carry against a much better Pitt team that is on a tear. 

He got 29 touches in his first game back I would not bench this man. 

Rotoworld is high on the Colts D this week so I claimed them. Anyone know why they would be a good play home against Tennessee? They don’t seem to be turnover prone. 

8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

He got 29 touches in his first game back I would not bench this man. 

Yea i understand that, but losing a starting center and playing a much better defense is a problem. I have barkley, gordon i cannot bench and jones to me is in a better match up and should see 20 touches. I think he does more with those. Only thing i lose is goal line looks but with how bad jax has been....Fournette may not see too many. I guess we shall see come end of day sunday lol. TBH, fournette and jones for me is a back and forth thing. Good luck this week.

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Yea i understand that, but losing a starting center and playing a much better defense is a problem. I have barkley, gordon i cannot bench and jones to me is in a better match up and should see 20 touches. I think he does more with those. Only thing i lose is goal line looks but with how bad jax has been....Fournette may not see too many. I guess we shall see come end of day sunday lol. TBH, fournette and jones for me is a back and forth thing. Good luck this week.

oooof that is tough.  Barkley and MG have to be in there....I can see Jones or LF being a hard one to figure out, one has good volume other has better everything else.  

I feel LF has a safer floor though and I have no idea how the Sea/GB game will play out MM can easily forget about running the ball on a whim. 

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

oooof that is tough.  Barkley and MG have to be in there....I can see Jones or LF being a hard one to figure out, one has good volume other has better everything else.  

I feel LF has a safer floor though and I have no idea how the Sea/GB game will play out MM can easily forget about running the ball on a whim. 

Rodgers has been talking him up, no way he can see less than 15 carries and 2-3 targets. 

14 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Rotoworld is high on the Colts D this week so I claimed them. Anyone know why they would be a good play home against Tennessee? They don’t seem to be turnover prone. 

I wouldnt grab colts....I think RW is high because it could be a low scoring game? Tenn is good not turning it over like you stated. Colts are bad on D, I wouldnt use them.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Rodgers has been talking him up, no way he can see less than 15 carries and 2-3 targets. 

I wouldnt grab colts....I think RW is high because it could be a low scoring game? Tenn is good not turning it over like you stated. Colts are bad on D, I wouldnt use them.

Thanks. I swapped out the Colts for the Titans. Titans have a pretty good schedule the next few weeks and have been playing well. 

13 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Thanks. I swapped out the Colts for the Titans. Titans have a pretty good schedule the next few weeks and have been playing well. 

With how well Luck has been playing? lol go back to the colts bro hahah....Good luck but Luck just ate up a jags team who statistically is better than the titans. Only pick luck threw bounced of the hands and body of Alie-cox.

9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

With how well Luck has been playing? lol go back to the colts bro hahah....Good luck but Luck just ate up a jags team who statistically is better than the titans. Only pick luck threw bounced of the hands and body of Alie-cox.

I don’t expect a big day from them but I know I won’t lose points. They just ate up the Patriots. They are a good play going forward. The Colts D doesn’t seem to be very good and the Titans offense has been efficient so I don’t see them getting me points. Fantasy Pros has Tenn 10th and Colts 11th this week. 

Edited by y2jbones

Well, I got snuffed with just about everyone I tried to get on the WW, but managed to pick up WASH for the playoffs... Dilemma now is figuring out who to pick-up for this week.  What do you guys think?  Here are my options:

WASH vs. HOU - I could roll with them this week, and wouldn't be a bad pick.  Fuller is on IR, Coutee is expected to be back. Run game is meh, and just have to worry about Hopkins.  O-Line is suspect as well

TEN @ IND - I am not too fond of starting against IND, for one because Luck is my QB, and the IND offense has been rolling pretty well.  Their O-Line has been much improved, and Luck is looking great. TEN no doubt has looked pretty stingy this year however.

NO vs. PHI - The Saints are just rolling.  They are weak against the pass, the Eagles have looked off and on, but this could end up being a shoot-out. The good thing is it is at homes for NO

LAC vs. DEN - I can't recall if Bosa is supposed to be back, but this is the pick I am leaning towards for this week.  Keenum is good for giving up a couple of sacks and a pick, and has been far from special this year.  As long as LAC stops Sanders and Lindsey, that is pretty much all DEN has... Sutton is still emerging.

10 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Well, I got snuffed with just about everyone I tried to get on the WW, but managed to pick up WASH for the playoffs... Dilemma now is figuring out who to pick-up for this week.  What do you guys think?  Here are my options:

WASH vs. HOU - I could roll with them this week, and wouldn't be a bad pick.  Fuller is on IR, Coutee is expected to be back. Run game is meh, and just have to worry about Hopkins.  O-Line is suspect as well

TEN @ IND - I am not too fond of starting against IND, for one because Luck is my QB, and the IND offense has been rolling pretty well.  Their O-Line has been much improved, and Luck is looking great. TEN no doubt has looked pretty stingy this year however.

NO vs. PHI - The Saints are just rolling.  They are weak against the pass, the Eagles have looked off and on, but this could end up being a shoot-out. The good thing is it is at homes for NO

LAC vs. DEN - I can't recall if Bosa is supposed to be back, but this is the pick I am leaning towards for this week.  Keenum is good for giving up a couple of sacks and a pick, and has been far from special this year.  As long as LAC stops Sanders and Lindsey, that is pretty much all DEN has... Sutton is still emerging.

go with Ten if you have Luck to hedge your bet so any INT or fumble Luck has is a net 0 pts for you however this is the safe play, if you feel Luck will destroy that D ( I kinda think he will move the ball fine vs them ) I would go with LAC out of those uninspiring choices as Keenum is usually good for 2-3 sacks and an INT while Den won't put up huge pts/yardage.  

Ten or LAC would be my choices but I hate that all your choices are road Defenses, that is usually something I avoid when I stream. 

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

go with Ten if you have Luck to hedge your bet so any INT or fumble Luck has is a net 0 pts for you however this is the safe play, if you feel Luck will destroy that D ( I kinda think he will move the ball fine vs them ) I would go with LAC out of those uninspiring choices as Keenum is usually good for 2-3 sacks and an INT while Den won't put up huge pts/yardage.  

Ten or LAC would be my choices but I hate that all your choices are road Defenses, that is usually something I avoid when I stream. 

Thanks! I am leaning LAC as well, Keenum is JAG who can sometimes play alright.  All of them except for TEN are playing at Home actually.

2 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Thanks! I am leaning LAC as well, Keenum is JAG who can sometimes play alright.  All of them except for TEN are playing at Home actually.

Oh you are right, I got tricked by how they were listed as I am tired.  LAC should be fine they have been making big plays on D all year check out the worksheet for more stats about their D. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

I’d definitely go with the Chargers. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Tough call but depending on how your DST scores, I would probably go in this order (because of sacks and potential turnovers):

1) HOU @ WAS

2) PITT @ JAX

3) CAR @ DET

Gun to my head, PIT

2 hours ago, Last Rebel said:

Looking ahead to week 14, I currently have Ari (Det). Would any of these be preferred instead?

Buf (NYJ)

NO (@TB)

Sea (Min)

Car (@Cle)

Det (@Ari)

Thanks!

Car could be good for some sacks and a baker pick or two, Buffalo is another good one. week 14, you just hope the cardinals dont mail it in by then, they havent yet and have a great matchup this week.

I def dont like seattle, NO. I would prob choose Det or Buf over the cardinals.

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic