NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

Any Bears D owners still looking for a streamer for week 14 and 15?  With how solid they’ve been I’m thinking of just locking them in for the playoffs.  

Tempted to stream but kinda feeling ok about them weeks 14 and 15. I haven’t benched them all year. They’ll give up points but always a threat for turnovers and sacks. Good enough for me. Hate to make a mistake, like BAL D yesterday vs CIN or ARI D vs OAK. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lla887 said:

Any Bears D owners still looking for a streamer for week 14 and 15?  With how solid they’ve been I’m thinking of just locking them in for the playoffs.  

as much as i'd want to based on who they're playing - I think i'm too chicken to do so. given my luck they'll explode/or do well. i've stuck with them since week 1 and have been rewarded heavily. I'll stick with them in the playoffs too.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

as much as i'd want to based on who they're playing - I think i'm too chicken to do so. given my luck they'll explode/or do well. i've stuck with them since week 1 and have been rewarded heavily. I'll stick with them in the playoffs too.

Agree

Titans stunk it up all around against Indy, but anybody looking at them for weeks 13-15?  If Mariota is out that's no bueno, but this is looking ahead.  They've played well the previous two weeks against Dallas and New England, and it seems to correlate with their offense clicking.

Week 13: NY Jets

Week 14: Jacksonville

Week 15: @ NY Giants

How about Saints for weeks 13-14?  Their defense has been playing better and the offense doing so well seems to be demoralizing opponents and strengthening the D.  Aside from the Rams game, the other three of their last four games have been solid with sacks and picks.

Week 13: @ Dallas

Week 14: @ Tampa Bay

2 hours ago, 24HourPiffness said:

I'd usually just go for the home team if I'm stuck. But without looking at field advantage, I'd still go NE

Yeah true. 2nd choice? Jets and Oakland both pretty bad 

Owning the Bears, great but weeks 14/15 Packers and Rams do not look great.

My league gives minimal pts for YA/PA so what are your thoughts of prematurely adding Denver for the weeks 14/15 49ers and Browns match ups?

1 hour ago, smash10033 said:

I have Tampa,  Clevland, Tennessee,  New Orleans, NYG, Detroit,  Oakland,  San fran, Arizona, NYJ, Miami and KC

New Orleans, SF, and Ten are all better options than GB or Den this week

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 24HourPiffness said:

Broncos at Oakland. 

Green Bay's defense is banged up I believe. I know it's the Jets but I'd bank on the better overall defense in this case

jags at miami is also enticing

Looking ahead to playoffs and the next two weeks, I've been stashing the Skins for their week 14-16 schedule (NYG, @jax, @ten) but anyone worried about the two away games, improved offenses of Jax and NYG recently? Also, 4 of their next 5 are away from home and they've just lost their QB for the season. I also have LAC defense. Jax D are available on the wire so I'm possibly looking to pick them up this week although they might be popular ahead of their game with the bills this week.

Ideally I want to have 2 DSTs and alternate them for the rest of the season but a lot of good streaming options are taken (broncos, bills, packers, pats etc.).

I'll probably keep the chargers for this week against Arizona but if I get Jax, I'm tempted to drop them onto the wire in the hope that another team drops one of their ROS dsts to grab them. Or should I just stop worrying and try get Jax and hold the skins? Skins have hit double digit scores every game this year apart from v ATL and @NO. Are they an auto start most weeks? 

Been stashing the Jags for this matchup @BUF for weeks, but I also have the Bears @DET on Thanksgiving. The only thing that scares me about the Bears is the short turnaround from Sunday night to Thursday at noon could make them a bit sluggish. Ramsey talking that smack about Allen preseason has me thinking he'll try to show out despite his team being in the cellar. Thoughts between the 2?

On 11/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, lla887 said:

I've been debating Denver and Det.. going to grab one as insurance in case Mack has a setback

7 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

I've been debating Denver and Det.. going to grab one as insurance in case Mack has a setback

I’m eyeing TEN D vs JAC or NE at MIA for week 15 (CHI gets LAR). If I decide to stream.

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

With legatron on a bye, who’s everyone turning to for a kicker stream? Lots of names out there:

Badgley

Gould

Maher 

etc.

Gould

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

With legatron on a bye, who’s everyone turning to for a kicker stream? Lots of names out there:

Badgley

Gould

Maher 

etc.

I'd roll Gould if he is available.

In my league I have Bryant, Vinatieri, and Fairbairn available. Unsure who to roll the dice on.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic