NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Heizz said:

I'd roll Gould if he is available.

In my league I have Bryant, Vinatieri, and Fairbairn available. Unsure who to roll the dice on.

Gould should be solid this week. I was tempted to add Bryant instead but NO has been stout in the red zone lately. Plus, ATL could opt for more 4th down attempts and 2 pt conversions since they may be down. I like Fairbairn too. Lots of fg attempts in an offense that stalls.

Gun to your head, what do you say? I'm feeling DAL this week, next week I'm torn all three seem juicy.

sack=1 int,fr,saf,bk=2 td=6 pts bonus points for pts all<20

Week 12

DAL vs WAS Holding teams to 18.4 pts/game, 2nd best in league

PIT at DEN Highest FP season average (5th overall); Most sacks

TEN at HOU 3rd in points allowed, good in red zone

Week 13

GB vs ARI 2nd most sacks in league

TEN vs JETS

MIA vs BUF 

If Mariota is healthy I love the Titans rest of the way. If not, I'm concerned the D will get no rest do to 3 and outs or turnovers. 

Dallas is an up and coming D but they don't seem to do much for fantasy. I could see them having a break out game soon...Maybe at home against Washington with a new QB on a short week?

It's looking like Trubisky is out for the Bears tomorrow night, with Chase Daniel stepping in.

This makes playing the Lions D really tempting. They're widely available, but i have doubts that they're capable of putting up decent fantasy numbers even in this scenario.

43 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

It's looking like Trubisky is out for the Bears tomorrow night, with Chase Daniel stepping in.

This makes playing the Lions D really tempting. They're widely available, but i have doubts that they're capable of putting up decent fantasy numbers even in this scenario.

Trying to find a way to get excited about DET D...

29 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Trying to find a way to get excited about DET D...

Well detroit has outside chance of winning the division, need a win. Has done well against good offenses. I can see Chicago playing super conservative and leaning on the run game, throw in a short week and at home. Detroit is top 11 in sacks and ints. I would be happy with 5-10 points. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
3 hours ago, Languistic01 said:

Thinking of pairing up Patriots and Seahawks rest of the way, what are your thoughts?

Week 12 NE vs Jets

Week 13 SEA vs 49ers

Week 14 NE at Dolphins or SEA vs Vikings

Week 15 SEA at 49ers

Week 16 NE vs Bills

I plan on doing this as well.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2018 at 12:31 PM, CookiesOmNom said:

Looking ahead to playoffs and the next two weeks, I've been stashing the Skins for their week 14-16 schedule (NYG, @jax, @ten) but anyone worried about the two away games, improved offenses of Jax and NYG recently? Also, 4 of their next 5 are away from home and they've just lost their QB for the season. I also have LAC defense. Jax D are available on the wire so I'm possibly looking to pick them up this week although they might be popular ahead of their game with the bills this week.

Ideally I want to have 2 DSTs and alternate them for the rest of the season but a lot of good streaming options are taken (broncos, bills, packers, pats etc.).

I'll probably keep the chargers for this week against Arizona but if I get Jax, I'm tempted to drop them onto the wire in the hope that another team drops one of their ROS dsts to grab them. Or should I just stop worrying and try get Jax and hold the skins? Skins have hit double digit scores every game this year apart from v ATL and @NO. Are they an auto start most weeks? 

I picked up the Broncos after Wash. QB broke his leg.   IMO  I don’t trust Wash. for a playoff run.   No matter how good that defense might be, that badly injured offense will leave them in a hole.  I’d pick up next best available.

^^ yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the same train of thought now. Ive decided to rotate Jax (they were dropped a few weeks ago) and Titans for the rest of the year. I've also held the skins for now but might drop.

Week 12: Jax @bills

Week 13: Titans vNYJ

Week 14: Jax @ten, ten vJAX (or WAS vNYG) this is a possible bye week for me depending on results

Week 15: Jax vWAS

Week 16: Titans vWAS (or Jax @miami)

My hope is that Washington turn into one of those great fantasy matchups for defenses over the last weeks. I have bench space so I'll hold Washington for now but I think I'm rolling with Jax and Titans ros

Edited by CookiesOmNom
9 hours ago, JCDaly said:

NE D @ NYJ or Chargers D home vs. ARZ? 1st half of the season, I'd easily choose the Chargers, but the Cardinals O has been better with McCoy gone

I have both the Pats and Chargers D along with the Jags. I rank the Pats 3rd out of those three. Although I am concerned about David Johnson busting a long run or two which the Chargers are weakest at. Chargers are also the only home team and no bad weather in any of the games. I consider spreads and O/U for DEF's.

The lines currently look like:

Jags minus 3 with O/U 37

Pats minus 10 with O/U 46.5

Chargers minus 13 with O/U 44.

I want to roll with the Jags but I have a gut feeling Jalen Ramseys negative comments about Josh Allen will backfire..lol. Nothing is going right for the Jags this year...

• Like 1
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic