NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

57 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Looking ahead... 

TEN v NYJ

GB v AZ

MIA v BUF

thoughts? prob grab TEN (drop DAL) for ros...that negative score vs Indy was brutal, but Indy is in beastmode. 

Titans D you can actually ride through the playoffs.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Titans D you can actually ride through the playoffs.

Dropped them a little hastily last week and thinking I’d grab em back up since they cleared waivers...exactly what I was thinking. Have PIT as a fallback if they turn sour for some reason. 

PIT has been solid save a few games but just have tougher matchups. 

Edited by luckBbrady
11 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I have both the Pats and Chargers D along with the Jags. I rank the Pats 3rd out of those three. Although I am concerned about David Johnson busting a long run or two which the Chargers are weakest at. Chargers are also the only home team and no bad weather in any of the games. I consider spreads and O/U for DEF's.

The lines currently look like:

Jags minus 3 with O/U 37

Pats minus 10 with O/U 46.5

Chargers minus 13 with O/U 44.

I want to roll with the Jags but I have a gut feeling Jalen Ramseys negative comments about Josh Allen will backfire..lol. Nothing is going right for the Jags this year...

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed response! Which is better to consider between the spread and the O/U? But in general, I should lean towards a lower O/U/bigger favorite, right? Also, yeah, the Jags would be very tempting, but they have also surprised at times this season. Too bad Peterman wasn't still there, lol

What’s everyone thoughts?

ravens vs oak 

OR

pats vs jets 

i have ravens right right now but they are near bottom this yr at creating turnovers and pats are around 10th. Oak is middle of rd in turnovers and jets are near the top in giveaways.

3 hours ago, JCDaly said:

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed response! Which is better to consider between the spread and the O/U? But in general, I should lean towards a lower O/U/bigger favorite, right? Also, yeah, the Jags would be very tempting, but they have also surprised at times this season. Too bad Peterman wasn't still there, lol

I prefer the O/U with my leagues DEF settings but I consider the spread as well. The Chargers are minus 13 which tells me the Cardinals will be likely slinging the ball the 2nd half which if you dont have turnovers equals lots of 3 and Outs. 

I'm still on the fence who to start, Jags or Chargers, but I'm leaning Jags because the Cardinals have more play makers. The Chargers were a solid play last week vs DEN and in my league they got zero points. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I prefer the O/U with my leagues DEF settings but I consider the spread as well. The Chargers are minus 13 which tells me the Cardinals will be likely slinging the ball the 2nd half which if you dont have turnovers equals lots of 3 and Outs. 

I'm still on the fence who to start, Jags or Chargers, but I'm leaning Jags because the Cardinals have more play makers. The Chargers were a solid play last week vs DEN and in my league they got zero points. 

Gotcha, thanks! We must have the same D settings, b/c Chargers got 0 in my league too (streamed Cards vs. OAK for 4 pts, thankfully). Yeah, that's what concerns me about the Chargers, is that they're facing the opponent with the most skilled offensive players (DJ, Fitz), especially now that Leftwich is the OC. I don't have the option myself, but I'd lean Jags as well

19 hours ago, maxim730 said:

BAL D is... doing no good .. OAK offense is doing pretty well last few weeks ..

week 13:

KC?

MIA?

DEN?

Leaning towards DEN

BAL got 18fp against me this week ;( but I see what you mean they were garbage the few weeks before that. I like KC then DEN, here. I'd prob stay away from atBUF after their recent resurgence-- JAX score zero points in my league this week and the Jets scored -3 v Bills week before.

5 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Who would you go for week 14? Have bears but not sure I can start them vs rams. Titans vs Jax and Den vs SF available 

I'd give the edge to DEN who have been much better on the year and in the last month.

• Like 1

Thoughts on NO ros? In the last 5 weeks (at MIN, vs LAR, at CIN, vs PHI, vs ATL) they've:

-held all opponents but one to 20 or less points (the exception was giving up 35 to the Rams in week 9)

-averaged 3.4 SACKS, recording at least 3 in all games but 1 (zero vs Rams)

-at least one INT, average of 1.6

-1 TD and 4 fumble recoveries

54 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Thoughts on NO ros? In the last 5 weeks (at MIN, vs LAR, at CIN, vs PHI, vs ATL) they've:

-held all opponents but one to 20 or less points (the exception was giving up 35 to the Rams in week 9)

-averaged 3.4 SACKS, recording at least 3 in all games but 1 (zero vs Rams)

-at least one INT, average of 1.6

-1 TD and 4 fumble recoveries

Saints D has been playing well but not so great matchups in the fantasy playoffs with @CAR and then v. PIT.  Not sure I'd start them in either of those...

• Thanks 1

I'm can pick up either KC or TEN today as a FA.

I already rode the Ravens this week, so I can't drop them, but I picked up GB before last night's game.

All these teams have good week 13 match-ups, and are available.

GB: ARI, ATL, @CHI, @NYJ

KC: @OAK, BAL, LAC, @SEA

TEN: NYJ, JAX, @NYG, WAS

MIA: BUF, NE, @MIN, JAX

1. Should I drop GB for any of these for week 13 and beyond?

2. Should I drop Baltimore (tough schedule on the road except for week 15 - home to TB)

3. With the OC change in JAX, does that make them a better opponenet to stream against? (i.e. TEN, MIA, etc...)

Which defense are auto start right for ROS? 

Bears & Houston. 

What about Rams? Ravens? 

I know people are stashing - Den, Titans, LAC & Washington def for playoff but Questions is which defense are not worth dropped to pickup this? I know Bear & Houston are auto start for ROS. What about others? Rams, Chiefs, Saints? 

1 hour ago, mhavens said:

I'm can pick up either KC or TEN today as a FA.

I already rode the Ravens this week, so I can't drop them, but I picked up GB before last night's game.

All these teams have good week 13 match-ups, and are available.

GB: ARI, ATL, @CHI, @NYJ

KC: @OAK, BAL, LAC, @SEA

TEN: NYJ, JAX, @NYG, WAS

MIA: BUF, NE, @MIN, JAX

1. Should I drop GB for any of these for week 13 and beyond?

2. Should I drop Baltimore (tough schedule on the road except for week 15 - home to TB)

3. With the OC change in JAX, does that make them a better opponenet to stream against? (i.e. TEN, MIA, etc...)

Definitely worth dropping GB for Tennesee. GB isn’t a very good defense. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Heizz said:

I am planning on playoffs (Week 15 & 16) and thinking about stacking:

Week 15: DET @ BUFF

Week 16: NE v BUFF

Anyone else planning this?

I'm staying away from the Lions. Their D is horrible. The Bills are playing better with Allen and at home aren't a bad matchup for a good defense, but that's not the Lions.

That being said, week 16 when they travel to NE should be a lock. Bill Belichek has some insane record when young QB come into Foxborough. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Definitely worth dropping GB for Tennesee. GB isn’t a very good defense. 

Is KC a week 13 play only? I always wonder about division games on the road. OAK seems to be a good matchup if they're on the road more than at home. Thoughts on KC vs TEN?

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic