NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

9 hours ago, tcslucky said:

Need help deciding who to make a claim for on waivers.  I have the 1st round bye so my only concern is week 15.  

Week 15

Buffalo vs Detroit  or

LA Rams vs Philadelphia 

I have New England for week 16 vs the Bills.  I know the Rams also have a juicy matchup at home against the Cardinals that week too.  

I'd go with Buffalo. The Rams should be better with Talib back, but we don't know for sure until we see it.

Who would you guys start between the Chiefs at Oakland or the Dolphins at home against the Bills? 

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

I'd go with Buffalo. The Rams should be better with Talib back, but we don't know for sure until we see it.

Who would you guys start between the Chiefs at Oakland or the Dolphins at home against the Bills? 

Any team that can negate getting 40+ scored on them I wouldn’t be scared to play. That’s why I’m rolling with them and Pittsburgh ROS because they create turnovers. Plus add the matchups that are still pretty decent.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tcslucky said:

Need help deciding who to make a claim for on waivers.  I have the 1st round bye so my only concern is week 15.  

Week 15

Buffalo vs Detroit  or

LA Rams vs Philadelphia 

I have New England for week 16 vs the Bills.  I know the Rams also have a juicy matchup at home against the Cardinals that week too.  

Rams 🐑 

Anyone else rolling with New Orleans tonight? They've been playing lights out the last 5 weeks (4 of 5, Rams week discounted), Dallas has been playing better since the bye but has some deficiencies and have some o-line injuries... Dunno, I don't have a lot of other options, guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me it's alright or to bail as quickly as possible. 

44 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Anyone else rolling with New Orleans tonight? They've been playing lights out the last 5 weeks (4 of 5, Rams week discounted), Dallas has been playing better since the bye but has some deficiencies and have some o-line injuries... Dunno, I don't have a lot of other options, guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me it's alright or to bail as quickly as possible. 

Bad idea to start short week defenses. It works occasionally but I got burnt twice this year.

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

I think I'm gonna go with my gut and play them. Marcus Davenport is back and Tyron Smith probably won't play. I have a feeling that NO is emerging as a set it and forget it D. The only problem is that they play the next 3 on the road. I have Tennessee in a great matchup with the Jets but I have a bad feeling they are going to underwhelm.

Most sites have NO ranked low. I have noticed most sites are about a week to late when predicting emerging players. 

44 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Bad idea to start short week defenses. It works occasionally but I got burnt twice this year.

Both teams had a full week this week. 

23 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I think I'm gonna go with my gut and play them. Marcus Davenport is back and Tyron Smith probably won't play. I have a feeling that NO is emerging as a set it and forget it D. The only problem is that they play the next 3 on the road. I have Tennessee in a great matchup with the Jets but I have a bad feeling they are going to underwhelm.

Most sites have NO ranked low. I have noticed most sites are about a week to late when predicting emerging players. 

Common sense seems to indicate no, but the gut says yes and I think they have a fairly decent floor even if they don't pop... a couple of sacks should be a given, and if Dallas ends up being competitive it's going to be through strong defense and slowing the play. Here's hoping they don't go negative at the very least. 

I'm not sure about TEN. I get that their opponents this week and next (JAX) are bad, but they only have 2 fumbles and 6 INTs all year, and 1/3 of those came in week 1 against Miami.

Yeah, they can get sacks (14 in their last 5 games), but after that, it's all about points allowed.  In our league, they've only scored double digits 5 times.

image.png.d487d385d64bcfb55cb3ceaad0ded8d8.png

I have Baltimore (not playing this week), but KC, Indy, Buffalo, and Miami are out there. If I win, I'm the #1 seed and a bye.

Edited by mhavens

2 hours ago, mhavens said:

I'm not sure about TEN. I get that their opponents this week and next (JAX) are bad, but they only have 2 fumbles and 6 INTs all year, and 1/3 of those came in week 1 against Miami.

Yeah, they can get sacks (14 in their last 5 games), but after that, it's all about points allowed.  In our league, they've only scored double digits 5 times.

image.png.d487d385d64bcfb55cb3ceaad0ded8d8.png

I have Baltimore (not playing this week), but KC, Indy, Buffalo, and Miami are out there. If I win, I'm the #1 seed and a bye.

Grab KC against Oakland. Berry may be back and they have been scoring points.

I agree about the Titans...It feels like when I picked up the Cardinals against the Raiders. 

Edited by mongidig

55 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Best Week 14 defense?

Chargers vs. Cincy

or

Steelers @ Oakland

Charger at home vs second string QB and a game in which Cincy will have to have 35 pass attempts to be in the game, SIGN ME UP YO!

I am going with Chargers in week 14 over my Bears vs Rams and Steelers @ Oakland no doubt, can anyone talk me out of this?

I NEED HELP ROTO-BALLERS

I am making another championship push and I have question about week 16 match-ups.

Who do you like better?

NE vs Bills

GB @ Jets

I already own the Lions for week 14 / 15 so I am not worried about that.

Edited by clarkevii

17 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

I NEED HELP ROTO-BALLERS

I am making another championship push and I have question about week 16 match-ups.

Who do you like better?

NE vs Bills

GB @ Jets

I already own the Lions for week 14 / 15 so I am not worried about that.

Go with NE. Belicheck has some insane record vs QB younger than 25 at home. 

I'd be worried about the Lions though for the two weeks prior. Good matchups, but that defense is horrible. 

On 2018-11-29 at 10:04 AM, beerfish said:

Anyone considering ATL for week 15? I realize they are bottom of the barrel, but they are playing the Cards at home.

I am also considering this..

I may pick them up now. Any thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I am also considering this..

I may pick them up now. Any thoughts?

Deion Jones is coming back which should help, however I need to some SOMETHING out of them this weekend before I feel comfortable rolling them out in the playoffs. Sometimes even in a good matchup, a bad defense is just that. 

Think I'd rather go with the Ravens at home vs the Bucs in week 15. They should be on plenty of waivers when that time comes around. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic