NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

16 hours ago, arielk31 said:

Butker or Badley tonight??? tough decision for me... Chiefs prob lost some confidence with the Chiefs coaching staff last week and Badgley probably gained some. I think it'll be a high scoring game. Who will have the more FG opportunity??

I think they will have the same amount of FG opportunities 

14 hours ago, Flippped said:

How are people feeling about the Saints Defense this week against the Panthers. I know Cam's Shoulder has been bothering him but at the same time this is a division game and they're always hard to predict.

Have on wavier's

Bronco's vs Browns

Cowboy's vs Colts

I am playing them in one spot. I'd say they are better than the other options you mention...It was between Saints and Failcons for me.

Saints have quietly been playing outstanding D for a long stretch. Tons of sacks and decent turnovers too.

I don't mind them on the road either, esp being an island primetime game. Cam has historically hurt them on the ground but he hasn't run much lately and this saints D is hugely pass funnel...they will mitigate CMC on the ground and force Cam to go downfield...I can see that resulting in a pick or 2

14 hours ago, Flippped said:

How are people feeling about the Saints Defense this week against the Panthers. I know Cam's Shoulder has been bothering him but at the same time this is a division game and they're always hard to predict.

Have on wavier's

Bronco's vs Browns

Cowboy's vs Colts

19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am playing them in one spot. I'd say they are better than the other options you mention...It was between Saints and Failcons for me.

Saints have quietly been playing outstanding D for a long stretch. Tons of sacks and decent turnovers too.

I don't mind them on the road either, esp being an island primetime game. Cam has historically hurt them on the ground but he hasn't run much lately and this saints D is hugely pass funnel...they will mitigate CMC on the ground and force Cam to go downfield...I can see that resulting in a pick or 2

I actually like Dallas out of that bunch. They've been great defensively.

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I actually like Dallas out of that bunch. They've been great defensively.

While that's definitely true, I am not sure how much D/ST scoring they have actually done? At least in my leagues that tend more for turnovers than anything like yards/points allowed...

2 hours ago, DeathOnWings1005 said:

I own DEN and NO defenses, but am considering dropping one of them and grabbing ATL to stream this week. Thoughts?

I wouldn't , learning towards Den.

On another note, week 16 championship round, what Defense are we thinking guys  NE vs BUF    or   CLE vs CIN .   

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I wouldn't , learning towards Den.

On another note, week 16 championship round, what Defense are we thinking guys  NE vs BUF    or   CLE vs CIN .   

new england, brady in december and at home, should have lead and force bills to throw more than the first time,  2nd time teams play each other in division is usually lower scoring. cleveland stud cornerback has a injury, don't know if he'll play next week yet.

Bears DEF vs GB, or Denver DEF vs Cleveland?

I know bears did well against rams last week, but this is a different animal, divisional game, and goff always plays bad in cold weather, rodgers plays great in cold weather, don't know if i should go with the east match-up or better defense..

Edited by All Knowing

1 minute ago, All Knowing said:

new england, brady in december and at home, should have lead and force bills to throw more than the first time,  2nd time teams play each other in division is usually lower scoring.

Bears DEF vs GB, or Denver DEF vs Cleveland?

I know bears did well against rams last week, but this is a different animal, divisional game, and goff always plays bad in cold weather, rodgers plays great in cold weather, don't know if i should go with the east match-up or better defense..

Between those 2 , I would go Bears. This is not the Rodgers of last year, and Baker has been playing pretty decent as of late. Denver lost Chris Harris Jr , and losing Sanders hurts them moving the ball. Giving Cleveland some decent field position , I'm guessing. I mean they still got a great pass rush in Von Miller & Bradley Chubb. So I do like Denver D this week, don't get me wrong. It's a solid option. Just not over Bears, in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

It’s New Orleans or Jacksonville for me.  

Jacksonville’s matchup seems almost too perfect (like a trap), and it’s hard to trust a team with nothing to play for... but can they really screw this one up with a QB who was playing Madden 3 weeeks ago??

NO on the other hand has been playing great D and Cam is banged up.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, floppy said:

Looking ahead (I know) but just to make sure I beat waivers. Would u rather Vikings defense at lions, patriots at home vs bills, or broncos at Oakland.

Right now, I'd lean Vikings. Detroit has been terrible. Key is whether or not Kerryon is back, which I think he's close to returning. Bills typically play NE tough. Denver is enticing, but they've been a fade as of late. Their secondary issues are bad. I can see Carr doing well at home.

So Vikes, for now.

• Like 1

Currently have Denver in facing Cleveland tonight, but Atlanta and Dallas are both available on waivers.  If TY is out, isn’t Dallas a solid play on D/ST?  Or do I stick with Denver?  (I don’t have to drop Denver, as I have LAC to drop, and I can pick up ATL or Dallas - I was holding LAC for next week against Baltimore, but Denver plays Oak, Dallas plays NYJ, I think, and who cares who ATL plays).

EDIT: Just realized that NO and Washington are also both available on waivers for this week.

Edited by AAWWyeah

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic