Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to it than this, that’s a very simplified way of looking at this I don’t think you can compare Cousins or Love to Jokic for many reasons, but the biggest difference is the efficiency. I d

sad he delivered this gem and i may still lose due to less games played in a tight matchup   anyways...  

Very much like him to be thrown out of the game for a temper tantrum. Frustrating player to own. No wonder I gave him a nickname last year - "Fat f---".

2 minutes ago, sham242 said:

I watched the whole game. In his defense the Spurs double teamed him on just about every play he was in the post. The game plan was to take a Jokic out the game offensively and they did that. 

4 shots isnt enough even in that scenario... had more turnovers than shot attempts... fantasy basketball-ers will criticize a player like Trae Young for "inefficiency," when they are mid round picks; but wont scrutinize a guy in Nikola Jokic who's a first round pick and having games where he has more fouls and/or turnovers than shot attempts... smfh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LW_00 said:

Please; stop calling this guy a first round talent... a first round talent puts up at least ten shots every game! Some people who give fantasy advice are like snake oil salesman! Stop misleading people!

kind sir, can you please give us advice that are snake-oil-salesman free?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoopking said:

kind sir, can you please give us advice that are snake-oil-salesman free?

Sell high on Egghead Nik when he has a great game. This guy isn't a first round talent. 3rd Round at Best! I really don't care what ranking he has. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

Sell high on Egghead Nik when he has a great game. This guy isn't a first round talent. 3rd Round at Best! I really don't care what ranking he has. 

Dude what? 3rd round at BEST? Maybe in a 4 teamer. He should be picked at end of 1st/beginning of 2nd and latest mid 2nd. If someone snatches him 3rd round, that someone will easily win the championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LW_00 said:

Please; stop calling this guy a first round talent... a first round talent puts up at least ten shots every game! Some people who give fantasy advice are like snake oil salesman! Stop misleading people!

FWIW he was 9th in standard per BBM before last night. After, 14th. Just behind 18 fga/game Embiid, just in front of 20 fga/game Walker.  

 

Cherry pick the games you want to troll after all you want. End of season, Jokic is as likely to return 1st round as any of 15 guys. That's good enough for anyone who took him outside the top 5 -- good enough to win a championship in any of the smart builds you might have read about at the beginning of this thread, pre-draft just like the rest of us. Where I own this guy, I'm in 1st. 

 

Any trolls who picked him for your high usage, popcorn builds: the vent and rant thread is a nice place to complain about how you can't win the points category every week.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have won points categories every week! And that's with Nik Jokic having these type of games! But still, you shouldn't be calling a guy a first round talent if he has games were he shoots less than 10 shots (unless it's due to foul trouble or an ejection). So you're assumptions about my team are terrible. I'm second place in my league, and I've only lost one game this season. However, just because I'm winning doesnt mean I'm satisfied with everyone on my team. And I'm not satisfied with Jokic, thinking he would score more this year. No wonder he's never been an All Star...

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

I have won points categories every week! And that's with Nik Jokic having these type of games! But still, you shouldn't be calling a guy a first round talent if he has games were he shoots less than 10 shots (unless it's due to foul trouble or an ejection). So you're assumptions about my team are terrible. I'm second place in my league, and I've only lost one game this season. However, just because I'm winning doesnt mean I'm satisfied with everyone on my team. And I'm not satisfied with Jokic, thinking he would score more this year. No wonder he's never been an All Star...

 

Lol man, what in the world are you talking about? I don't know where you came up with this rule about having less than 10 shots in a random game meaning you shouldn't be considered a 1st round player. He was a 1st round player last year (#12) and is just outside of the 1st round this year. The stats speak for themselves. You just sound silly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

 

 

Lol man, what in the world are you talking about? I don't know where you came up with this rule about having less than 10 shots in a random game meaning you shouldn't be considered a 1st round player. He was a 1st round player last year (#12) and is just outside of the 1st round this year. The stats speak for themselves. You just sound silly.

Ok. Good luck having Jokic in the playoffs. Sure, he has a good playoff schedule, but if he has these types of games, you could kiss your championship goodbye. It's literally a circlejerk for Jokic. Idk what's worse: the circlejerk or the poor performance. I'm starting to think the former is worse...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded him away and as good as he can be, I'm glad to be rid of the headache. Some weeks he plays like a top 5 player, and in others he's barely top 50. I just don't like this kind of inconsistency from my 1st round pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 7:49 PM, LW_00 said:

Please; stop calling this guy a first round talent... a first round talent puts up at least ten shots every game! Some people who give fantasy advice are like snake oil salesman! Stop misleading people!

Giannis, AD and KAT had games last season where they shot the ball less than 10 times in a game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...