NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

12teamer. Got him at 8 and paired him with Butler, Lowry, Demar, Millsap, Conley, Kanter, etc. Obviously punting blocks as well and I think my points will be decent-ish. Agree that Kanter's a perfect pairing with Jokic.

Ive been out of the bball fantasy loop until today and surprised I got so many decent players in the first 7 rounds.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to it than this, that’s a very simplified way of looking at this I don’t think you can compare Cousins or Love to Jokic for many reasons, but the biggest difference is the efficiency. I d

sad he delivered this gem and i may still lose due to less games played in a tight matchup   anyways...  

Very much like him to be thrown out of the game for a temper tantrum. Frustrating player to own. No wonder I gave him a nickname last year - "Fat f---".

This is my Jokic build for the year. 14 Team 9 cat h2h:

Big Honey

CP3

Tobias Harris

Gary Harris

Jamal Murray (yes, 3 nuggets for the playoff schedule)

Josh Richardson

Kyle Anderson

Favors

LeVert

Josh Hart

MarShon Brooks

Might drop hart or brooks for Portis. I think I messed up by not getting enough bigs and also getting Murray (low ast pg). Might try to see if I can trade for Dunn but I’ll probably let it play out for a few weeks.

This is my team in a 10team H2H league. Made some last second picks that I regret afterward. Let me know what you guys think!

Nikola Jokic

Damian Lillard

Kemba Walker

Clint Capela

Aaron Gordon

Luka Doncic

Will Barton

Wendell Carter Jr

Kris Dunn

Nicolas Batum

De'Aron Fox

Nikola Mirotic

Mario Hezonja (might drop for Rudy Gay soon)

• Like 1

Own him in both my leagues this year, and while I'm not all that happy about my 12 team auction build I'm pretty satisfied with the team I've got around Jokic in my 16 team league (both 9 cat roto):

Guards: Josh Richardson, Beal, Brogdon, Derrick White, Sexton, Clarkson

Wings: Lamb, Gallinari, Harkless, Miles Bridges

Bigs: Jokic, Gasol, Kanter, Jaren Jackson, Powell

Here's my Jokic team (10-teams h2h 9cat $ league) 

Kemba, Jrue, Rozier

Dipo, JRich, GHarris

RoCo, Prince, KAnderson

Collins, JAllen

Gobert, Jokic

First 2 picks were Jokic Dipo and punt block was the first thing that came to my mind. But then Gobert fell, all other hardcore punt FT bigs were taken before him (drumm capela etc) 

... Sooo i figured that I wont punt block after all since I have Gobert and build a balanced team.

Thoughts on my team tho? Is it better to punt 1-2 cats with my current team (trade) 

A lot of folks aren’t getting the point. Yes Jokic is ideal fit for punt blocks and points although he isn’t necessarily weak in these two categories, but in true competitive H2H leagues you DO NOT go balanced approach, it just doesn’t play out well statistically. There are no fantasy experts out there that are going support a balanced H2H team.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kaishi said:

Here's my Jokic team (10-teams h2h 9cat $ league) 

Kemba, Jrue, Rozier

Dipo, JRich, GHarris

RoCo, Prince, KAnderson

Collins, JAllen

Gobert, Jokic

First 2 picks were Jokic Dipo and punt block was the first thing that came to my mind. But then Gobert fell, all other hardcore punt FT bigs were taken before him (drumm capela etc) 

... Sooo i figured that I wont punt block after all since I have Gobert and build a balanced team.

Thoughts on my team tho? Is it better to punt 1-2 cats with my current team (trade) 

How did you manage to get all those players in a 10-team league? Seems a bit toooo crazy for me. 

Jokic 

Oladipo

gobert

kemba? 4th?

Jrue 5th?

I could be wrong but damn that team looks legit. Probably favorite to win the title if you were in a roto league 

PG
6479.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
ChaPG
Draft
SG
3136193.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhxSG
Draft
SF
Draft
PF
Draft
C
Draft
G
4238.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MilPG
Draft
F
3032978.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhiPF
Draft
UTIL
Draft
UTIL
2999547.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
DenSG
Draft
UTIL
4015.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MinPG
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft

My first two picks were Jokic and Embiid, followed by kemba and booker. Felt like i should have picked another rebounder to complement them but guards and forwards were dropping fast. Any suggestions on how to improve my forward positions? 

12-team ROTO, standard 9-cat 

Bledsoe, Lou Will, J-Rich

Founier, KCP, Lamb

Kawhi, Gay

Jokic, Capela, BroLo, Olynyk

IL-White (by dropping Bell)

I got the 12th pick, a tough position to draft. All the quality PG and C I targeted were all gone each round. I need reb. Ast and TO will be below average I guess. 

Edited by sickrookie
1 hour ago, skteo said:
PG
6479.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
ChaPG
Draft
SG
3136193.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhxSG
Draft
SF
Draft
PF
Draft
C
Draft
G
4238.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MilPG
Draft
F
3032978.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhiPF
Draft
UTIL
Draft
UTIL
2999547.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
DenSG
Draft
UTIL
4015.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MinPG
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft

My first two picks were Jokic and Embiid, followed by kemba and booker. Felt like i should have picked another rebounder to complement them but guards and forwards were dropping fast. Any suggestions on how to improve my forward positions? 

Your roster is P E R F E C T

as far as I am concerned ! :)
Good luck

• Like 1
On 12/10/2018 at 4:02 AM, ilimatic said:

This is my Jokic build for the year. 14 Team 9 cat h2h:

Big Honey

CP3

Tobias Harris

Gary Harris

Jamal Murray (yes, 3 nuggets for the playoff schedule)

Josh Richardson

Kyle Anderson

Favors

LeVert

Josh Hart

MarShon Brooks

Might drop hart or brooks for Portis. I think I messed up by not getting enough bigs and also getting Murray (low ast pg). Might try to see if I can trade for Dunn but I’ll probably let it play out for a few weeks.

we have earily the same team. im in a 14 teamer too. but instead of jrich, murray, anderson, favors..i have valanciunas, mirotic, gibson, osman and brook lopez. my problem is that i have a surplus of bigs. will try to trade 1 of em for a decent wing. 

Edited by flippy

had my draft yesterday. espn auction 12 team 9 cat h2h. my goal was to get steph to pair with jokic but got into a bidding war with someone from they bay area so i knew he'd price me out so got kawhi instead.  i also traded sexton for lonzo right after the draft (guy is very experienced. autodrafted too many pgs and said he was high on sexton and low on ball so i took it and ran) which pretty much saved me in assists. saw boxscores from jokic last year and was blown away and definitely have been targeting him this year in all my mocks. have another 10 team yahoo 9 cat h2h tonight and will see if ican get jokic/steph as a base. 

Nikola Jokic Den, C
$66
Kawhi Leonard Tor, SF
$60
Mike Conley Mem, PG
$21
Rudy Gobert Utah, C
$23
Nikola Vucevic Orl, C
$9
Gary Harris Den, SG
$4
Dario Saric Phi, PF
$3
Jarrett Allen Bkn, C
$4
Josh Richardson Mia, SF
$6
Collin Sexton Cle, PG  traded for  lonzo ball after draft
$1
Danilo Gallinari LAC, SF
$1
MarShon Brooks Mem, SG
$1
Jonathan Isaac Orl, PF
$1

Drafting 6th I have a hard time deciding between jokic and steph when they are both available. Steph most of the time will be better probably but with his ankles/warriors rest games and weak h2h playoff schedule I think I should go jokic. 

8 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Drafting 6th I have a hard time deciding between jokic and steph when they are both available. Steph most of the time will be better probably but with his ankles/warriors rest games and weak h2h playoff schedule I think I should go jokic. 

I had the same decision I’d go with Jokic. Big scarcity plays a huge part on this decision 

I had Jokic and CP3 as my keepers, rest of the league took more than 2 keepers so i got some good picks and managed to snag a first 4 picks of

Jokic

CP3

Draymond green

Gobert

I think ill laugh my way to the title this year since i managed to grab guys like G harris, J rich real late in the drafts too

Had to give up curry to get jokic but tbh Im excited to see what jokic can do

Can we pray for no freak accidents this year as we know it can happen to anyone :o