NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

Got Jokic at 6 in a 14 teamer, think it went well even though I was sniped at a couple of spots. Went full punt blocks for the very first time. 

Jokic

Jrue - beast mode after DMC went down last year. Expecting big things from him in the fastest pace in the league. 

Bledsoe - essentially Jrue-like stats the last 2 months of the season but with more steals. Excellent %s with PG stats to boot. Was aiming to get Middleton here but was ecstatic to get Bledsoe as well. Plus upside for the coach Bud factor.

Doncic - my first reach, this was around pick 50 but I know he won’t be getting back to me before my next pick. Excellent preseason sealed it for me. 

Kanter - he is very crucial to this build and had no hesitations reaching for him. 

Hield

Saric - by this point my %s we’re dominant and I was willing to take Trae Young here for the volume points and threes but got sniped. The homie was a nice consolation prize as he fits the punt blocks build like a glove. Underrated rebounder as a high floor low ceiling guy. 

Nance

Baze - underrated 3s/steals guys who’ll get a lot of minutes. 

Siakam - my favorite late round sleeper. People here are hyping Levert so much (check his thread lol) but I personally think Siakam deserves more attention. He’s a stud. 

Bullock - not sure if he was the right choice over Osman, but he already performed last year and I needed a surefire 3s boost on good percentage. 

Hernangomez

Ellington

For the last two picks, kicking myself because looking back I should’ve gotten Giles and Miles Bridges instead but I took the safer route. I’ll just be monitoring the first game intently ready to trigger. 

Edited by SicarioSanity
  • Like 1
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to it than this, that’s a very simplified way of looking at this I don’t think you can compare Cousins or Love to Jokic for many reasons, but the biggest difference is the efficiency. I d

sad he delivered this gem and i may still lose due to less games played in a tight matchup   anyways...  

Very much like him to be thrown out of the game for a temper tantrum. Frustrating player to own. No wonder I gave him a nickname last year - "Fat f---".

first time owning jokic. such a fun player to watch, seems like he touches the ball on every possession and at least records a stat. what's the perfect build with jokic?

PG
4015.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MinPG
Draft
SG
3136193.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhxSG
Draft
SF
Draft
PF
Draft
C
Draft
UTIL
3032976.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
UtahC
Draft
UTIL
4249.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
BosSF, SG
Draft
UTIL
2991139.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
ChiPG
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
2991043.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
BknSF, SG
Draft
8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

first time owning jokic. such a fun player to watch, seems like he touches the ball on every possession and at least records a stat. what's the perfect build with jokic?

PG
4015.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
MinPG
Draft
SG
3136193.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
PhxSG
Draft
SF
Draft
PF
Draft
C
Draft
UTIL
3032976.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
UtahC
Draft
UTIL
4249.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
BosSF, SG
Draft
UTIL
2991139.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
ChiPG
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
Draft
BE
2991043.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
BknSF, SG
Draft

Looks VERY similar to my roster. I also have Teague, Mirotic and Tobias Harris and Capela in place of Gobert

3 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

I had Jokic and CP3 as my keepers, rest of the league took more than 2 keepers so i got some good picks and managed to snag a first 4 picks of

Jokic

CP3

Draymond green

Gobert

I think ill laugh my way to the title this year since i managed to grab guys like G harris, J rich real late in the drafts too

Running the same 1, 2, 3 out in a punt PTS build.  Couldn’t grab Gobert too bc it’s a 13-teamer but you look set, so long as you’re not expecting to win PTS and leaning towards efficiency. 

36 minutes ago, 80version said:

Running the same 1, 2, 3 out in a punt PTS build.  Couldn’t grab Gobert too bc it’s a 13-teamer but you look set, so long as you’re not expecting to win PTS and leaning towards efficiency. 

Nah flat out punt points and even punt FT, i didnt focus on tanking FT just ignored it, absolutley solid in REB BLK STL AST FG% TO so i dont care about the rest, and im talking like a +7 and +6 in BLK and STL with a +2 to +3 in the rest hahaha

Took Jokic 7th in a h2h, 8-cat, 16 teamer last night. Not going to list my whole draft since this is the Jokic thread, but after running various scenarios in my mind I found that Jokic, Kemba, Harris was my ideal start. With that start I felt I'd be able to pivot multiple ways. Those 3 give a nice base in really all stats except blocks. With the ft% of those guys, I could afford a lower volume shot blocker or two, but I could still punt blocks. Personally, Kemba went a pick or two before me so I settled on Middleton. Also keep in mind mine is a 16 teamer so most of you can look at a better player or two, but making up some points while adding to Jokic's strong rebs, assists, and %'s was a goal of mine. 

19 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Grabbed jokic at 8 and paired him with Embiid at 13.  Love it an not looking back

Punting TO’s I take it.  The only thing that bothers me about this pairing is not knowing which way to go with building out your roster.  Will have to take BPA for a couple more rounds, at which point there are less opportunities to mine value derived from punting a specific stat in H2H cat leagues.   

9 hours ago, 80version said:

Punting TO’s I take it.  The only thing that bothers me about this pairing is not knowing which way to go with building out your roster.  Will have to take BPA for a couple more rounds, at which point there are less opportunities to mine value derived from punting a specific stat in H2H cat leagues.   

My league does not count TO.  Yes it was a BPA for next couple (Lowry and Mitchell) and then I found it difficult to fill out roster with weakened forwards remaining.  Will need to work the wire in the early going.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

hope pairing jokic with kawhi was the right move. thinking about him and simmons seems like a crazy triple double team.

Kawhi pairs well with any player his line has zero holes, his assists are even pretty good for a sg/sf

12 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Must be a first time Jokic owner..

Patience.

Agreed, can’t belueve someone was upset with this guy lol. Jokic was dormant for large stretches and still put up 21-8-5 with a three block and steal + great ft%. He’s a fantasy machine. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sriracha said:

I love watching him against Gortat. Jokic will sell a few calls and it gets Gortat so riled up.

Side note, I get frustrated watching Barton as a Jokic owner.

I was thinking the same thing watching the game last night.  Barton is a talented scorer for sure but a bit of a black hole once he gets it and is not near the cutter that Harris and Murray are so not giving Jokic a chance for those pretty dimes...