NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kris Dunn is a defensive minded (#2 in the NBA in steals last year with 2.0 steals per game) pass-first (7.0 APG, among top 10 in the league) point guard who has issues scoring but still ranked in the

He is doing fine. He getting back into game shape and the flow of the team after being like 2 months out. He isn’t even starting or cleared to play 30 minutes yet. This should have been the expectatio

It’s better for Dunn to have less volume of shots. With more quality offensive options around him his dimes can increase and the shots he does take can be of higher quality leading to better efficienc

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Someone just dropped him in my league because he missed the game... woof.

congrats to the Dunn’s!

That's nuts. I really need him to play Saturday though. Next week he has 4 games, and I need to see if he's startable or not. Last year before he broke his face he had that great stretch of averaging 15/4/7 with about 3 stocks. That was also without Lavine and no Jabari yet. And preseason he was mostly bad. But certainly not drop city that's for sure. Let's see how he performs first. That's a very charitable owner 

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

That's nuts. I really need him to play Saturday though. Next week he has 4 games, and I need to see if he's startable or not. Last year before he broke his face he had that great stretch of averaging 15/4/7 with about 3 stocks. That was also without Lavine and no Jabari yet. And preseason he was mostly bad. But certainly not drop city that's for sure. Let's see how he performs first. That's a very charitable owner 

what are you talking about? he had an amazing preseason. 

5 hours ago, pdids911 said:

what are you talking about? he had an amazing preseason. 

Amazing preseason?  He didn't have a single game of over 28 fantasy points (30 is about average anything under 30 is below average). And in the finale? 7 fantasy points in 22 minutes of action. That's beyond awful. 

Now I'm a Bulls fan, so I'm rooting for him as much as anybody. But he didn't even have a good preseason, let alone an amazing one. 

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Amazing preseason?  He didn't have a single game of over 28 fantasy points (30 is about average anything under 30 is below average). And in the finale? 7 fantasy points in 22 minutes of action. That's beyond awful. 

Now I'm a Bulls fan, so I'm rooting for him as much as anybody. But he didn't even have a good preseason, let alone an amazing one. 

Well, playing time is obviously reduced in preseason so total fantasy points is probably not the best indicator.

His per 36 numbers in the preseason were 13.2 ppg/7.1 reb/5.8 ast/2.3 steals on .567/.1000 shooting.  

And this was rotoworld's blurb after the second game:

Over the Bulls first two preseason contests, Dunn is averaging 11.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 21.3 minutes, while shooting a scorching 61.5 percent from the floor, 50 percent from downtown and 100 percent from the FT line. "I look at the way Kris has handled everything since he got back (to Chicago) in September full time, he's just been a rock star," said Hoiberg. "He's been coming in every day to work with a great approach and we've loved what we've seen out of him early on in the season." Dunn's fantasy value is on the rise with Lauri Markkanen (right elbow) sidelined to start the season.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Well, playing time is obviously reduced in preseason so total fantasy points is probably not the best indicator.

His per 36 numbers in the preseason were 13.2 ppg/7.1 reb/5.8 ast/2.3 steals on .567/.1000 shooting.  

And this was rotoworld's blurb after the second game:

Over the Bulls first two preseason contests, Dunn is averaging 11.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 21.3 minutes, while shooting a scorching 61.5 percent from the floor, 50 percent from downtown and 100 percent from the FT line. "I look at the way Kris has handled everything since he got back (to Chicago) in September full time, he's just been a rock star," said Hoiberg. "He's been coming in every day to work with a great approach and we've loved what we've seen out of him early on in the season." Dunn's fantasy value is on the rise with Lauri Markkanen (right elbow) sidelined to start the season.

Well I certainly need him to be good. So hopefully with Cam Payne showing just how awful he is last night, maybe Fred will give Dunn some major burn. I really hope he plays tomorrow because next week he has 4 and I need to know if him with 4 outweighs Fox or Levert  with only  3 

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Well I certainly need him to be good. So hopefully with Cam Payne showing just how awful he is last night, maybe Fred will give Dunn some major burn. I really hope he plays tomorrow because next week he has 4 and I need to know if him with 4 outweighs Fox or Levert  with only  3 

I would think so. The guy is projected to be the 52nd overall player on my BBM settings and he was second in the league in steals last year. Given all the playing time he should get and the fact that he has an extra game over the other 2 it seems like a no brainer. Not sure what settings your league uses though and I know nothing about points leagues.

Edited by Purple Hippo
12 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Happy for him. Being in a weekly league, super frustrating start to the season to take an empty spot for the whole week.  Only wish rotoworld or someone would have reported this sooner. 

Yea had him stewing in my weekly roster too haha.

Can’t get mad at him celebrating the birth of his son obviously, but those wasted games though :ph34r:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

So do we think LaVine being back is gonna be a positive or negative for Dunn. 

Considering trading taurean prince for him but I’m worried with LaVine having such a high usage. 

I dont project dunn’s value coming from the scoring cats so i dont see playing with Lavine / Parker as an issue.

If anything, he will get better looks and should float around 5-7 dimes with those two running around. He will be able to focus on D which will get him 30 minutes (his main backup is Payne so i’m not worried about his minutes)

More concerned about his health than his usage

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Yea had him stewing in my weekly roster too haha.

Can’t get mad at him celebrating the birth of his son obviously, but those wasted games though :ph34r:

Yea he kinda left me hanging this week. He's got 4 games while Fox and Randle only have 3. I really needed him to play so I can evaluate if he's good enough or not (points leagues) to justify the switch this week. Now I'm going in blind

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

LOL overly optimistic in every category. Think 12 pts, 6 assists, 2.0 steals, .4 blk, .8 3pm, 41% fg.

So you’re assuming he can’t take a step forward in his development?  He surpassed those #’s after the ASB last year, when he was healthy.