Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

 

He is averaging 1.4 for the season and 1.0 for the last two weeks. He averaged 2.0 last year. Do 0.6 steals make a difference? That's a 30 percent decline in production so I'll say yes. 

 

So once again like I said, he had 3 tonight... What a curious time to complain about steals. The bulls are tanking so hard it's obvious we're gonna see an affect on production. At this point Im just happy with what I get from him and that he's not 'injured'

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kris Dunn is a defensive minded (#2 in the NBA in steals last year with 2.0 steals per game) pass-first (7.0 APG, among top 10 in the league) point guard who has issues scoring but still ranked in the

He is doing fine. He getting back into game shape and the flow of the team after being like 2 months out. He isn’t even starting or cleared to play 30 minutes yet. This should have been the expectatio

It’s better for Dunn to have less volume of shots. With more quality offensive options around him his dimes can increase and the shots he does take can be of higher quality leading to better efficienc

Posted Images

On 2/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, stay_woke said:

 

So once again like I said, he had 3 tonight... What a curious time to complain about steals. The bulls are tanking so hard it's obvious we're gonna see an affect on production. At this point Im just happy with what I get from him and that he's not 'injured'

 

He had 0 the previous game, so 3 in 2 games is consistent with his 1.4 average.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, stay_woke said:

 

So once again like I said, he had 3 tonight... What a curious time to complain about steals. The bulls are tanking so hard it's obvious we're gonna see an affect on production. At this point Im just happy with what I get from him and that he's not 'injured'

 

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

 

He had 0 the previous game, so 3 in 2 games is consistent with his 1.4 average.

 

Well if you watch him play you'll see that he's still very active and getting a bunch of deflections...just haven't translated into more steals yet...

 

Then you figure he has 18 multi-steal games out of the 29 games since he's come back...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting situation to try to figure out. Every single article I've read talks about Dunn not being a good player and the Bulls needing to upgrade the position.  Has Dunn really been that bad?  Is it the system or the players around him?  He seems to be doing fine, just inconsistent.  He's becoming a better 3 point shooter, around 35% this year I think.  He just doesn't take a high volume of shots.  He passes and moves the ball pretty well, can get into the lane, plays pretty good defense most of the time, gets lots of deflections, steals, and some blocks.  Not sure what the front office or coaching staff wants from him, maybe just more consistency?  Would they really be better off starting someone like Collison?  He also has high volume shooters in Lauri and Lavine, and if they're chucking up shots and soaking up usage, what difference does it make who's dropping the ball off to them and standing in the corner?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

It's an interesting situation to try to figure out. Every single article I've read talks about Dunn not being a good player and the Bulls needing to upgrade the position.  Has Dunn really been that bad?  Is it the system or the players around him?  He seems to be doing fine, just inconsistent.  He's becoming a better 3 point shooter, around 35% this year I think.  He just doesn't take a high volume of shots.  He passes and moves the ball pretty well, can get into the lane, plays pretty good defense most of the time, gets lots of deflections, steals, and some blocks.  Not sure what the front office or coaching staff wants from him, maybe just more consistency?  Would they really be better off starting someone like Collison?  He also has high volume shooters in Lauri and Lavine, and if they're chucking up shots and soaking up usage, what difference does it make who's dropping the ball off to them and standing in the corner?  

 

Every Bulls game I've watched he's played fine. Good defender, great mid-range shooter, great passer. He's a below average three point shooter but outside of that there are few holes in his game. I honestly just think the bulls are one of the worst organizations around right now and are a bit clueless. Dunn as their starting pg has to be the least of their worries. Hiring a competent coach and not trading away decent young players for late second round picks should be their main focus.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JStyles said:

Dunn clearly isn't the type of PG that's going to get a team into a serious postseason run, but i'd say he's better than around 7-8 other starting PGs in the league at least.

I still can't figure this guy out. He plays D quite well, both man D and help D, and makes really good reads to get his teammates the ball. But he's not aggressive on offense at allllllll, and passes the ball much too early when he has open driving lanes. 

 

I thought this was the year I could squeeze some sleeper value out of him and figure out if he's gonna be a good REAL nba player. I stay blueballed for more--both in stats and in his future potential 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yung_fetty said:

I still can't figure this guy out. He plays D quite well, both man D and help D, and makes really good reads to get his teammates the ball. But he's not aggressive on offense at allllllll, and passes the ball much too early when he has open driving lanes. 

 

I thought this was the year I could squeeze some sleeper value out of him and figure out if he's gonna be a good REAL nba player. I stay blueballed for more--both in stats and in his future potential 

Bizarrely enough, he seemed to offer a lot more fantasy-wise last year. It all kinda changed when he faceplanted on a dunk attempt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Bizarrely enough, he seemed to offer a lot more fantasy-wise last year. It all kinda changed when he faceplanted on a dunk attempt.

Playing with both Zach and Lauri has hurt him.  He's less assertive about finding his own shot and is overly worried about getting shots for others.  Bad combination for someone who isn't a naturally pure pg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

In draft or trade? I took Kris at 50 for some god-forsaken reason

 

in a draft. was worried about dlo's fg% and to's and injury but those are the same areas dunn sucks at. just thought he would improve a year under bulls with same steals but he regressed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...