NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Cook 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Ertz and Kelce are elite because they put up WR numbers. Kittle is in a next tier by himself and with Ebron when Doyle is out. Then there are the rest of the TEs that are boom/bust. Cook is in that group. Then you have another group within that group that is more bust than boom.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cook's 2017 just for reference:  

This is pretty vague, lots of different league sizes out there.  Maybe a TE2 in 10 teamers.  Definitely in the low-end TE1 discussion in 12+ teams.     Speaking of convenient argument

This is what Jared Cook does. Have 1 or 2 monster games a year and be mediocre the rest. Definitely worth a flier but don't waste big FAAB on this guy. With Crabtree out of the mix he could certainly

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, AroundTheHorn said:

Dumpster fire raiders have killed cooks value. No other wr’s on the team means extra eyes on cook. It was fun while it lasted boys.

Overreaction City

cooks is 20 points or 2 which is better than most TEs.   Rolling out again next week with 50% confidence 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, AroundTheHorn said:

Dumpster fire raiders have killed cooks value. No other wr’s on the team means extra eyes on cook. It was fun while it lasted boys.

Nah. He started off the game with his 2 catches. But then Chuckie and Happy Feet happened. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • 3 weeks later...

Big fish in small pond. I am not high on his RoS outlooks. His 5th overall ranking in half ppr is definitely misleading for RoS prospects. He might finish in the top 10 for TEs but he's definitely not top 5 like his inflated first half stats indicate.

Guys I like over him RoS:

Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Olsen

Gronk

Doyle

Brate

Reed

Ebron (maybe if his snap count gets above 50%)

McDonald (usage is increasing)

Added in the risk that the Raiders might not get 250 yards passing on a given night...

Past 6 games passing yardage for Raiders: 173, 203, 140, 244, 106, 248

Edited by WaiverLooter
1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Big fish in small pond. I am not high on his RoS outlooks. His 5th overall ranking in half ppr is definitely misleading for RoS prospects. He might finish in the top 10 for TEs but he's definitely not top 5 like his inflated first half stats indicate.

Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Olsen

Gronk

Doyle

Brate

Reed

With regards to Doyle and Cook. I have both. Doyle has been talked up the last two weeks and put up turds. I’m glad I started Cook this week. I keep hearing Doyle is coming but not much yet...

Just now, HTM said:

With regards to Doyle and Cook. I have both. Doyle has been talked up the last two weeks and put up turds. I’m glad I started Cook this week. I keep hearing Doyle is coming but not much yet...

I edited my comment to include the risk that Raider's passing offense has not breached 250 yards passing in the past 6 games. There's not a whole lot of yards to spread around to begin with. Doyle's production hasn't been there yet but I definitely like his situation much more. Raiders look like they're about to implode any second. 

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

I edited my comment to include the risk that Raider's passing offense has not breached 250 yards passing in the past 6 games. There's not a whole lot of yards to spread around to begin with. Doyle's production hasn't been there yet but I definitely like his situation much more. Raiders look like they're about to implode any second. 

Just wanted to comment that ive seen the Doyle hype for a couple weeks now and he has not justified his love (yet). 

I’m starting him over Cook this week but I don’t think its a no-brainer. 

Cook is the only fantasy relevant player on OAK in my opinion. While Oakland is absolutely garbage Cook can still put up some good performances.

51 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Any of you cook owners looking to pick up Brate with Howard out? Much better passing offense but definitely more competition for targets.

Yes I’m gonna put in a waiver pickup for Brate but I’m not that high on the priority. Gonna have to get lucky...

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cothane said:

Hard to believe there's not a little more love for this guy in the community.  The Cook has been in the kitchen and I"m liking what he's cooking up!

Yeah, Beetlejuice is having have pretty decent season.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:42 PM, WaiverLooter said:

Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Olsen

Gronk

Doyle

Brate

Reed

Added in the risk that the Raiders might not get 250 yards passing on a given night...

Past 6 games passing yardage for Raiders: 173, 203, 140, 244, 106, 248

2 games later, this comment is not aging well..

Doyle and Olsen are gone. Maybe I should just downplay every player I own to try a reverse jinx...

I just had this thread opened up wondering what everyone was saying about ROS. My win last week goes to him. before somebody dogs me for that, I won by 14 pts. he had 16 in standard, schedule looks really good ROS also. Replaced Rudolph for this guy off waivers. The cook is lighting fires!

5 minutes ago, cothane said:

Hard to believe there's not a little more love for this guy in the community.  The Cook has been in the kitchen and I"m liking what he's cooking up!

The only problem is, after Cookie Crisp’s big games, they decide to take it easy on him the next game by giving him 2 catches. Hard to fathom what they are doing there but I don’t think he has strung 2 very good games back to back but still have to start him for his potential 

5 hours ago, savagenatn said:

The only problem is, after Cookie Crisp’s big games, they decide to take it easy on him the next game by giving him 2 catches. Hard to fathom what they are doing there but I don’t think he has strung 2 very good games back to back but still have to start him for his potential 

He’s still had one TD reception in his last 3 games. In my league, it’s almost impossible to find an actual productive TE. I’m not saying he’ll have a TD every week, but if that’s all he does he’s a lot better option than a lot of others this year. His avg since week 8 in standard is 9.1 pts.

• Dalvin Cook: If you somehow got this far with him and are in the fantasy playoffs you are a wizard and are set up to be rewarded. This is the best outlook he’s had entering a week on the season. Cook has been a top-20 back in each of his past two games and he showed consistent rushing juice for the first time this season last week with 84 yards on nine carries. The Seahawks have been crushed by running back play of late, allowing more than 100-yards from scrimmage and a top-12 running back scorer in each of their past five games.
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:
  • Dalvin Cook: If you somehow got this far with him and are in the fantasy playoffs you are a wizard and are set up to be rewarded. This is the best outlook he’s had entering a week on the season. Cook has been a top-20 back in each of his past two games and he showed consistent rushing juice for the first time this season last week with 84 yards on nine carries. The Seahawks have been crushed by running back play of late, allowing more than 100-yards from scrimmage and a top-12 running back scorer in each of their past five games.

This is the Jared Cook outlook thread bro...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

This is the Jared Cook outlook thread bro...

Its good analysis though right? :lol:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 5:08 PM, HTM said:

Maybe nobody else appreciates you, Jared but I do. You've been a faithful warrior much of the season when the TE position has been poo-poo. 

Who would have believed that my wonky waiver wire pickup actually is TE5 in .5 PPR, and over the last 4 weeks even TE4?
THANK you Jared, I may not always have fully appreciated you , but you were a worthy part of my team. Yay :)

Now. Do I play him, risking a potential fumble and negative points, or do I bench him and risk a stat correction? :D I think the percentage play is benching him, but he deserves to get another chance in my line-up :)

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Who would have believed that my wonky waiver wire pickup actually is TE5 in .5 PPR, and over the last 4 weeks even TE4?
THANK you Jared, I may not always have fully appreciated you , but you were a worthy part of my team. Yay :)

Now. Do I play him, risking a potential fumble and negative points, or do I bench him and risk a stat correction? :D I think the percentage play is benching him, but he deserves to get another chance in my line-up :)

1 catch for 6 yds fumble lost, out for game (knee) incoming.