NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Cook 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cook's 2017 just for reference:  

This is pretty vague, lots of different league sizes out there.  Maybe a TE2 in 10 teamers.  Definitely in the low-end TE1 discussion in 12+ teams.     Speaking of convenient argument

This is what Jared Cook does. Have 1 or 2 monster games a year and be mediocre the rest. Definitely worth a flier but don't waste big FAAB on this guy. With Crabtree out of the mix he could certainly

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, hooliganz said:

I'm dropping R. Jones or D. Henry to make room for a fill-in TE this week. Cook has been a pleasant surprise. He's too valuable to drop IMO, especially w/ Lynch banged up.

Yea, I'm still all aboard the Cook train... picked Engram up off the waiver to fill in this week. Carr targets the man a lot and they are going to need to throw a lot. 

1 minute ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Grabbed Cook today as a bye-week fill-in for Ertz ... I'm wondering if he'll be worth keeping, though, in case he sees an uptick in targets with Cooper shipping off to Dallas. Raiders might work a little harder to feed him the ball.

Thing is, Cooper was targeted like once every 2 weeks lol

10 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Thing is, Cooper was targeted like once every 2 weeks lol

Actually, he had 30 targets over the first four games - he even beat me in that Browns OT game. The last two games just one target each, but Oakland's offense fell off a cliff against the Chargers and Seahawks. (Cook had 6 targets against LA and only 2 against Seattle.) If Carr starts to function competently again against weaker opponents like Indy and the Niners, Cook might become even more of a focal point in my mind, because some games Cooper saw 10+ targets.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
clarity
23 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Grabbed Cook today as a bye-week fill-in for Ertz ... I'm wondering if he'll be worth keeping, though, in case he sees an uptick in targets with Cooper shipping off to Dallas. Raiders might work a little harder to feed him the ball.

Aside from week 6 when he only had 2 targets, Cook has been fairly involved in the passing game most every week. Im hoping with Amari gone, Im hoping that goes up a bit too. 

36 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Aside from week 6 when he only had 2 targets, Cook has been fairly involved in the passing game most every week. Im hoping with Amari gone, Im hoping that goes up a bit too. 

Why would it? Is he going to soak up Amari's 1-2 targets a game?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What do you guys see as his ROS outlook? He likely will be the top passing option and on a team that likely will be trailing a lot, however he has a bad QB.

ROS schedule: @SF, LAC, @ARI, @BAL, KC, PIT, @CIN (wk15), DEN (wk16)

That's a pretty nice line-up. I think Cook is in the 4-6 range at TE. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Debating if I should trade for him...

Would you rather have Cook or Richard on the Raiders?

I think their values are about equal as of now

I can’t see how they are equal, considering one is compared with other tight ends and one is compared to other running backs. There’s maybe 5-6 TEs I would rather have than Cook but 20-30 RBs for Richard. Not sure what you mean by equal...

Edited by WaiverLooter
18 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I can’t see how they are equal, considering one is compared with other tight ends and one is compared to other running backs. There’s maybe 5-6 TEs I would rather have than Cook but 20-30 RBs for Richard. Not sure what you mean by equal...

I guess in terms of amassing points within the raiders offense

the only consistent guys seem to be richard and cook

6 hours ago, jpark211 said:

Debating if I should trade for him...

Would you rather have Cook or Richard on the Raiders?

I think their values are about equal as of now

Nobody can answer that without knowing who you already have at RB or at TE. Both are very good for PPR. Cookie Crisp is going to get tons of targets in the red zone though since carr sure does like him there

5 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Worst game.

They should have stopped the game at the half and saved some time for spectators and TV viewers.

One of the worst NFL games ive ever watched

• Like 2

I have him in 2 out of 6 leagues.

He is backup in 1 and primary & only TE in the other.

Need to see if I can drop him and try to find another TE.

With Gruden as coach (worse than Carr as QB), it is hard to start him.