NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rudy Gobert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give him a new thread! The man pretty much beat the US by himself. Another big year coming for Mr. Gobert.

When drafting guys like Gobert, Drummond, Capela, and Jordan you gotta just hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Shouldnt expect to win ft% with these guys. 

Yeah you can. Go to the ac forum

Posted Images

Complete nonsense. Harden comes up to him, and flops to draw a foul, while on the defensive end. This after a previous BS foul call on the tip. Gobert blew up and, while walking off the court, smacked a water bottle off the scorer's table, and dropped some magic words (en francais?).

The end.

what a god damn week, wall AND whiteside miss games for birth of babies, and then this... i should play the numbers of these players in lotto, only need 3 more players to randomly miss or **** up games...

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yes, tossed.

Houston is continuing to work under the skin of Utah, and work the refs. How can you not hate CP3 and Harden? This league has turned into complete thespians.

It’s sad man I used to love Harden. But everytime I watch Houston I like him a little less cus of this stuff. Don’t get me wrong it still makes me laugh and entertains me but it does have to be frustrating for other players. 

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

ha the most awkward smack ever... agree cp3 is such a turd and that whole LAC team with cp3 were such babies every game

That is my favorite

GraveImperfectLamprey-size_restricted.gi

• Haha 2

Did Harden flop there? Coz it looks to me like Gobert nudged him a little as he positions himself, and Harden just got offbalanced with that nudge and fell. Should’ve been a no-call tho. That CP3 vid with Cousins, that is a clear flop.

32 minutes ago, seeL said:

Did Harden flop there? Coz it looks to me like Gobert nudged him a little as he positions himself, and Harden just got offbalanced with that nudge and fell. Should’ve been a no-call tho. That CP3 vid with Cousins, that is a clear flop.

Here are more of the offbalanced situations. The two kings:

BeautifulPaleImperatorangel-small.gif flophard.gif nutskick.gif

In picture 1: TT /who has the ability to see in the future and saw that LBJ will leave Ohio, again/ and Carroll team tagged in WWE style and puched hardly LBJ in the face and he got offbalanced. Clearly, not a flop. Hard foul and rejection!

In picture 2: LBJ who knows that Harden is greatest defender ever and is afraid that he might lose the ball from him, punches him hardly with the elbow and Harden got offbalanced. At least flagrant 1.

In picture 3: This doesn`t need a comment.

4 hours ago, seeL said:

I find it hard to believe a guy 6'5 220 lbs could be manhandled like that. He was nudged no doubt but he wasn't struck with a grenade like he acted. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, montanski said:

Here are more of the offbalanced situations. The two kings:

BeautifulPaleImperatorangel-small.gif flophard.gif nutskick.gif

In picture 1: TT /who has the ability to see in the future and saw that LBJ will leave Ohio, again/ and Carroll team tagged in WWE style and puched hardly LBJ in the face and he got offbalanced. Clearly, not a flop. Hard foul and rejection!

In picture 2: LBJ who knows that Harden is greatest defender ever and is afraid that he might lose the ball from him, punches him hardly with the elbow and Harden got offbalanced. At least flagrant 1.

In picture 3: This doesn`t need a comment.

I’m not talking abt past flopping incidents by Harden, so idk why u need to post those vids. I’m referring only to the vid link posted by @mihs above. I am asking if that is a clear flop, that one incident. Coz from that vid, it looks to me Gobert nudged him a bit, at least from that angle. A different angle would make things clearer.  

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

I find it hard to believe a guy 6'5 220 lbs could be manhandled like that. He was nudged no doubt but he wasn't struck with a grenade like he acted. 

So we’re clear he was nudged. There u go. Now if he flopped, it wasn’t clear, at least not to me, not from that vid i saw.  

4 minutes ago, seeL said:

I’m not talking abt past flopping incidents by Harden, so idk why u need to post those vids. I’m referring only to the vid link posted by @mihs above. I am asking if that is a clear flop, that one incident. Coz from that vid, it looks to me Gobert nudged him a bit, at least from that angle. A different angle would make things clearer.  

I got your point. The gifs were only for fun, not pick at you. For me it is flop and the reason is not Harden`s flop history. The reason is what WaKe21334 said - he clearly overreacted. NBA and every contact team sport today is full with flops and simulations (in Europe we call that flops) and it is sad to see that the best players prefer to flop instead to act like a real men.

I miss the times of Ron-Ron and Ben Wallace... :(

Nudge or no nudge, the refs were clearly trying to teach Gobert a lesson for having the audacity to criticize them the game before. It was the same crew and everything. 

Just shameful on the NBA’s part that they let this stuff happen, especially considering how shameful and corrupt a history NBA officiating already has.

Watching the full game replay now, and i saw the Gobert-Harden play in two other different angles from the replays. Gobert did not give Harden a little nudge alright..he shoved him. Harden sure did an acting job to sell it to the refs by falling, but the shove is with enough force that even if Harden did not fall,  the shove is enough to call it a foul. The vid link posted by @mihs shows just one far angle where it looks just like a little nudge to me. Game replays from different angles show a clear shove. Even Reggie Miller says good acting job by Harden but a good call by the ref.

13 hours ago, seeL said:

So we’re clear he was nudged. There u go. Now if he flopped, it wasn’t clear, at least not to me, not from that vid i saw.  

Nuged by a post up, nothing that doesn’t take place on literally ever post up, ever.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...