NBC Sports Edge Forums

Four guys going today

ssmarsh

With Greinke and Lee getting hit so far this week, today is a big day for me AL only squad. I have the following four pitchers going today (thankfully none against each other):

Lester vs TB (Shields)

McGowan @ NY (Wang)

Meche @ CHI (Contreras)

Olson @ MIN (Baker)

Here's hoping for 4 W's and a combined ERA under 3.50!!

Pitching is such a crapshoot that all but a handful of starters could throw a jem or get rocked on any given day. It's a roto league so I like to go with a volume approach anyway...

Pitching is such a crapshoot that all but a handful of starters could throw a jem or get rocked on any given day. It's a roto league so I like to go with a volume approach anyway...

that volume also works against you when you've got 20 ip and a collective era of 5 or 6.

that volume also works against you when you've got 20 ip and a collective era of 5 or 6.

True, but I'm going to be around 1600 IP by the end of the year so bad outings here and there don't kill me. Besides, my personal preference is to put as many SP's out there as I can. Right now my 9 man pitching staff is comprised of 7 SP's and 2 closers. I've done years with 5 SP's and 4 RP's (usually 3 MR and 1 CL) and never really liked the results. So far this season I'm 1st in Wins, 2nd in ERA, 3rd in K-BB and 4th in IP-H.

Well, two down, two to go!

Lester vs TB (Shields)

McGowan @ NY (Wang) - 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, ND (thanks, BJ Ryan)

Meche @ CHI (Contreras)

Olson @ MIN (Baker) - 6.1 IP, 8 H, 2 HE, 1 BB, 1 K, W

Three down now, Meche just needs to finish up his crappy night and it will be done...

Lester vs TB (Shields) - 6.1 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, W

Meche @ CHI (Contreras) - 4.0 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K (so far)

Olson @ MIN (Baker) - 6.1 IP, 8 H, 2 HE, 1 BB, 1 K, W

Lester vs TB (Shields) - 6.1 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, W

Meche @ CHI (Contreras) - 5.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K

Olson @ MIN (Baker) - 6.1 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, W

So overall it's two good starts and two not so great ones. Categorically I get -6.1 IP (not great), 4.56 ERA (not awful), +9 K-BB (nice) and 2 W (should have been 3). Not a great night on the hill, but not an awful one either in AL only. I'll take it.

Archived