Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Punt Assists 2018-2019


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, r0cker276 said:
2
Anthony Davis No, PF
1
23
Kyrie Irving Bos, PG
2
26
Paul George OKC, SF
3
47
John Collins Atl, PF
4
50
Enes Kanter NY, C
5
71
Zach LaVine Chi, SG
6
74
Will Barton Den, SF
7
95
Brook Lopez Mil, C
8
98
Evan Fournier Orl, SG
9
119
Nicolas Batum Cha, SG
10
122
Rodney Hood Cle, SG
11
143
Dirk Nowitzki Dal, PF
12
146
Allen Crabbe Bkn, SG
13

 

 

This is what I got. 12 team 9 cat h2h. Got lucky early  and was sniped heavily in mid rounds. Have since added Collins to IR and picked up Len, Also swapped Hood for Ariza via waivers. I have a two trades I sent out involving Fournier and  Batum. Trying to find some 3-d wings and see who will bite.  There was a ridiculous run on centers in second and third. Haven't seen anything like that so I reached a bit for a big in collins. First time running this build... think im okay but definitely in trade market for some defensive stats. Any suggestions/ comments?

Pg 26th what in the world

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, shameless plug, but for those interesting in punting dimes, you might find my punt assists guide useful:   https://www.elitefantasybasketball.com/2018/09/13/18-19-punting-guides-part-1

this team seems like punt assist+punt pts+punt 3s

Lol what kind of scrubs are you playing with where you end up with Jokic, Russ, Mitchell and Gobert in the first 4 rounds?? Gary Harris in the 9th?!   And wait, you're punting assists with l

Posted Images

On 10/12/2018 at 8:03 PM, hipriest69 said:

 

 

That's really the dilemma in those rounds I think if you're gunning for 3's and stocks.  I think you're likely looking at them in the 4th as they both may easily be gone by the 5th.  I went J-Rich because I feel like he's a more consistent 3 point shooter and has a path to more minutes and has much higher upside in points.  I'm going to regret it when Covington has his 10 stock game in the fantasy playoffs against me. 

I ended up draftings 6th and landed RoCo and JRich between 5/6. Harris got sniped but I'm pretty happy with getting those two. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 10man 9cat league. Picked 6th and got lucky that KAT dropped to me. Got some out of position blocks from RoCo, JRich, and Anderson. Hoping that John Collins and Tobias goes off this season. 

 

1. (7) Karl-Anthony Towns (Min - C)
2. (14) Kemba Walker (Cha - PG)
3. (27) Tobias Harris (LAC - SF,PF)
4. (34) LaMarcus Aldridge (SA - PF,C)
5. (47) Robert Covington (Phi - SF,PF)
6. (54) Josh Richardson (Mia - PG,SG)
7. (67) John Collins (Atl - PF,C)
8. (74) Taurean Prince (Atl - SF)
9. (87) Kyle Anderson (Mem - SG,SF)
10. (94) Tyreke Evans (Ind - PG,SG)
11. (107) Dewayne Dedmon (Atl - C)
12. (114) Reggie Jackson (Det - PG,SG)
13. (127) Allen Crabbe (Bkn - SG,SF)
Link to post
Share on other sites

10man 9cat ROTO league on ESPN with the 5th pick doing punt assist strategy. 

 

Made a blockbuster earlier today which is detailed below on who I received and what round said players were drafted. 

 

1. Kevin Durant
2. Victor Oladipo *drafted 2nd rd (traded away LaMarcus Aldridge *2nd rd pick)
3. Jrue Holiday *drafted 3rd rd (traded away Kyrie Irving *3rd rd pick)
4. CJ McCollum
5. Otto Porter Jr.
6. Enes Kanter
7. Steven Adams
8. Paul Millsap * drafted 7th rd (traded away Serge Ibaka *12th rd pick)
9. Robert Covington
10. Eric Gordon
11. Joe Ingles
12. Darren Collison
13. Mohamed Bamba
14. Jaren Jackson Jr.

 

Would love your suggestions on trades I should make involving who and what other players I should target to solidify my punt assist team, thanks!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

My 10man 9cat league. Picked 6th and got lucky that KAT dropped to me. Got some out of position blocks from RoCo, JRich, and Anderson. Hoping that John Collins and Tobias goes off this season. 

 

1. (7) Karl-Anthony Towns (Min - C)
2. (14) Kemba Walker (Cha - PG)
3. (27) Tobias Harris (LAC - SF,PF)
4. (34) LaMarcus Aldridge (SA - PF,C)
5. (47) Robert Covington (Phi - SF,PF)
6. (54) Josh Richardson (Mia - PG,SG)
7. (67) John Collins (Atl - PF,C)
8. (74) Taurean Prince (Atl - SF)
9. (87) Kyle Anderson (Mem - SG,SF)
10. (94) Tyreke Evans (Ind - PG,SG)
11. (107) Dewayne Dedmon (Atl - C)
12. (114) Reggie Jackson (Det - PG,SG)
13. (127) Allen Crabbe (Bkn - SG,SF)

 

DOPE squad. Cannot believe you got KAT at #6 and LA in the 4th round!? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

10 Team - 9 CAT

 

1) KAT

2) P. George

3) Kemba Walker

4) Ayton

5) Kanter

6) Vucevic

7) Gary Harris

8) Richardson

9) Saric

10) Prince

11) Ingles

12) Reddick

13) Portis

Probably the best centers you could anchor yourself with in punt assist that don't hurt any percentages, I especially love Kanter this year. Gary Harris and Richardson are money here too! If you can somehow piece together a trade for Lord Covington that would be swell. Also, depending on whether or not one of your 2 guards gets PG eligibility it's probably a good idea to get a second PG. All in all, you have SQUAD!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Just drafted my last league of this year (6 leagues total). This one is an auction Yahoo 12 team 9 cat Roto league. The top players went very high (AD for $80, Giannis for $80, Harden $77, Curry $72, KAT $69, KD $67, LBJ $66, Jokic $60, Llilard $61 etc) When the smoke cleared of the feeding frenzy of the top players and second rounders, only a couple others had cash left to compete with me. I paid what I considered a fair price for Leonard ($54), and fair price for CJ ($30), but a lot of the others came in relatively cheap, and I ended with a very strong punt assists team. Did punt assists in 4 of my 6 leagues this year, but this is probably my strongest team of them all.

 

Roto-Ajax III

Pos
Player
PG
Player Note
CJ McCollum Por - PG,SG
 
SG
 
G
Player Note
Zach LaVine Chi - PG,SG
 
SF
Player Note
Gary Harris Den - SG,SF
 
PF
 
F
 
C
 
C
 
Util
 
Util
GTD
 
BN
GTD
 
BN
 
BN

 

You certainly got away with a stacked squad after waiting out the big ticket items in the first round. I'm not the biggest fan of Beverly this year due to the amount of competition even though he's naturally made for this build, keep an eye on him. Upgrade Valanciunas to something like Kanter if possible! I hated owning JV due to inconsistent PT but he was HOT down the playoff stretch last year so there's that. I can't stress this enough but Joe Ingles is punt assist golden glue so if you can make a trade for him, do it! Great squad man. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

 

You certainly got away with a stacked squad after waiting out the big ticket items in the first round. I'm not the biggest fan of Beverly this year due to the amount of competition even though he's naturally made for this build, keep an eye on him. Upgrade Valanciunas to something like Kanter if possible! I hated owning JV due to inconsistent PT but he was HOT down the playoff stretch last year so there's that. I can't stress this enough but Joe Ingles is punt assist golden glue so if you can make a trade for him, do it! Great squad man. 

That's terrible advice. Ingles gets a lot of his value from his assists. Averaged almost 5 a game last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

10man 9cat ROTO league on ESPN with the 5th pick doing punt assist strategy. 

 

Made a blockbuster earlier today which is detailed below on who I received and what round said players were drafted. 

 

1. Kevin Durant
2. Victor Oladipo *drafted 2nd rd (traded away LaMarcus Aldridge *2nd rd pick)
3. Jrue Holiday *drafted 3rd rd (traded away Kyrie Irving *3rd rd pick)
4. CJ McCollum
5. Otto Porter Jr.
6. Enes Kanter
7. Steven Adams
8. Paul Millsap * drafted 7th rd (traded away Serge Ibaka *12th rd pick)
9. Robert Covington
10. Eric Gordon
11. Joe Ingles
12. Darren Collison
13. Mohamed Bamba
14. Jaren Jackson Jr.

 

Would love your suggestions on trades I should make involving who and what other players I should target to solidify my punt assist team, thanks!
 

Looks great. Guess I should've done all ESPN leagues this year because there's no way you'd get most of those guys in those spots on Yahoo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Just drafted my last league of this year (6 leagues total). This one is an auction Yahoo 12 team 9 cat Roto league. The top players went very high (AD for $80, Giannis for $80, Harden $77, Curry $72, KAT $69, KD $67, LBJ $66, Jokic $60, Llilard $61 etc) When the smoke cleared of the feeding frenzy of the top players and second rounders, only a couple others had cash left to compete with me. I paid what I considered a fair price for Leonard ($54), and fair price for CJ ($30), but a lot of the others came in relatively cheap, and I ended with a very strong punt assists team. Did punt assists in 4 of my 6 leagues this year, but this is probably my strongest team of them all.

 

Roto-Ajax III

Pos
Player
PG
Player Note
CJ McCollum Por - PG,SG
 
SG
 
G
Player Note
Zach LaVine Chi - PG,SG
 
SF
Player Note
Gary Harris Den - SG,SF
 
PF
 
F
 
C
 
C
 
Util
 
Util
GTD
 
BN
GTD
 
BN
 
BN

It's beautiful.....why I love auction drafts. It rewards owners who prepare

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

That's terrible advice. Ingles gets a lot of his value from his assists. Averaged almost 5 a game last year.

Thanks for the input. The reason I'm so bullish on Ingles is because of the value you get out of him for where he usually goes. Plays 82 games, great %'s, north of 2 treys and a steal per game. You're right, he does average a relatively high number of assists but that's not his forte or what hes known/targeted for. BBM had him ranked #57 for total value in punt assist last year as well. Again, I said he was an awesome glue guy for punt assist and I stand by that statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Looks great. Guess I should've done all ESPN leagues this year because there's no way you'd get most of those guys in those spots on Yahoo.

The rankings this year are all terribly determined. I would agree that ESPN botched the rankings more so than Yahoo though. If I remember correctly, ESPN had Emmanuel Mudiay as a top 50 pick? Ibaka came to me in the 12th? Covington In the 9th?! Crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, 

 

Just finished my NBA draft, 12 Team snake draft, 9 Cat league H2H format. Here's my team, let me know what you think! Oh and I had the 2nd overall pick in the draft (AD was 1st pick). 

 

1st Round - James Harden

2nd Round - Kevin Love

3rd Round - Rudy Gobert

4th Round - Gary Harris 

5th Round - Jayson Tatum

6th Round - Hassan Whiteside 

7th Round - Danilo Gallinari

8th Round - Trae Young

9th Round - Darren Collison 

10th Round - Jeremy Lamb

11th Round - Malcolm Brogdon

12th Round - Dewayne Dedmond

13th Round - Demarre Carrol

 

We have a rookie rule so we had to pick a rookie at some point and I figured I may as well take Trae Young at that point in the draft for assists idk.. I chose Harden last minute over Giannis (who would've suited my build a lot more but I'm basically lost as to what to do because right now my assists are my weakest followed by blocks slightly and then an average FG% (as per bball monster). I feel like every article I read says if you're doing a punt assists build don't do it with Harden and yet here I am and idk what to do lol, any advice? Harden is too good in other areas for me to let go of him... I was thinking of streaming guys for cheap blocks (maybe even assists) in Carrol's place. But yeah just looking for any advice haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tierjerk said:

Thanks for the input. The reason I'm so bullish on Ingles is because of the value you get out of him for where he usually goes. Plays 82 games, great %'s, north of 2 treys and a steal per game. You're right, he does average a relatively high number of assists but that's not his forte or what hes known/targeted for. BBM had him ranked #57 for total value in punt assist last year as well. Again, I said he was an awesome glue guy for punt assist and I stand by that statement.

Per Game Value, Ingles returned 9th round value for punt assists.

 

I like Ingles, but punt assists is not his most optimal build. 

47 minutes ago, Sab said:

Hey guys, 

 

Just finished my NBA draft, 12 Team snake draft, 9 Cat league H2H format. Here's my team, let me know what you think! Oh and I had the 2nd overall pick in the draft (AD was 1st pick). 

 

1st Round - James Harden

2nd Round - Kevin Love

3rd Round - Rudy Gobert

4th Round - Gary Harris 

5th Round - Jayson Tatum

6th Round - Hassan Whiteside 

7th Round - Danilo Gallinari

8th Round - Trae Young

9th Round - Darren Collison 

10th Round - Jeremy Lamb

11th Round - Malcolm Brogdon

12th Round - Dewayne Dedmond

13th Round - Demarre Carrol

 

We have a rookie rule so we had to pick a rookie at some point and I figured I may as well take Trae Young at that point in the draft for assists idk.. I chose Harden last minute over Giannis (who would've suited my build a lot more but I'm basically lost as to what to do because right now my assists are my weakest followed by blocks slightly and then an average FG% (as per bball monster). I feel like every article I read says if you're doing a punt assists build don't do it with Harden and yet here I am and idk what to do lol, any advice? Harden is too good in other areas for me to let go of him... I was thinking of streaming guys for cheap blocks (maybe even assists) in Carrol's place. But yeah just looking for any advice haha 

Try trading Harden to the KAT owner for KAT + another piece. You're wasting him in a punt ast build.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to pull off a trade giving up Middleton, Otto, Saric for Gobert, Tobias Harris, Barton.

 

Not sure if this helps in Punt AST but I really needed the big men stats from Gobert to boost my team's lack of REB+BLKs. Sucks to have given up Middleton but would you guys say Tobias Harris has comparable value to Middleton in Punt AST?

Edited by Espoiral
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sab said:

Hey guys, 

 

Just finished my NBA draft, 12 Team snake draft, 9 Cat league H2H format. Here's my team, let me know what you think! Oh and I had the 2nd overall pick in the draft (AD was 1st pick). 

 

1st Round - James Harden

2nd Round - Kevin Love

3rd Round - Rudy Gobert

4th Round - Gary Harris 

5th Round - Jayson Tatum

6th Round - Hassan Whiteside 

7th Round - Danilo Gallinari

8th Round - Trae Young

9th Round - Darren Collison 

10th Round - Jeremy Lamb

11th Round - Malcolm Brogdon

12th Round - Dewayne Dedmond

13th Round - Demarre Carrol

 

We have a rookie rule so we had to pick a rookie at some point and I figured I may as well take Trae Young at that point in the draft for assists idk.. I chose Harden last minute over Giannis (who would've suited my build a lot more but I'm basically lost as to what to do because right now my assists are my weakest followed by blocks slightly and then an average FG% (as per bball monster). I feel like every article I read says if you're doing a punt assists build don't do it with Harden and yet here I am and idk what to do lol, any advice? Harden is too good in other areas for me to let go of him... I was thinking of streaming guys for cheap blocks (maybe even assists) in Carrol's place. But yeah just looking for any advice haha 

 

Harden is good, but he's the wrong fit given who else you have on your team.

 

You started with Harden and Love, which would've been an almost perfect start to a punt FG% team (especially since punt FG% teams struggle with rebounds), but because you went with punting assists, you should have placed more of an emphasis on both percentage categories as early and often as possible. Harden alone - let alone Love, and later Gallinari and Trae Young (?!) - are going to destroy your FG%, so now that category is going to be a loss for you most weeks.

 

Then you throw in Gobert, who - if he takes enough free throws - may single-handedly torpedo your FT%, even with Harden and Love and their positive FT% impact. He's not Andre Drummond or Dwight Howard, but he's relatively close.

 

So now you're not guaranteed to win either of the percentages week in and week out (punt FG% teams should almost always be winning FT%) and have to rely on the counting stats to get you over the hump most weeks (which won't happen, because you'll inevitably have weeks where some of your core guys only have 2 or 3 games).

 

My recommendation would've been to not go into the draft fixated on punting assists. Just draft the best player available in the first round, recognize what their strengths are (assists are one of Harden's main strengths that vault him to elite status, so no idea why one would want to punt those), build around their strengths, and punt their weakness(es) - and Harden's main weaknesses are FG% and turnovers.

 

As far as what you can do now - try to trade Harden and whoever else that would make the deal fair (if necessary) for either Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant (make sure their second player you'd be getting back is better than the one you'd be giving up), or Steph Curry (same situation regarding a second player as KD), who would also even work in a punt assists situation.

Edited by alclayno
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’m in a 12-team 9-cat H2H Espn league with this team:

 

pg:kemba, bledsoe

sg: Harris, levert

sf: butler, covington, Kyle Anderson

pf: Collins, Isaac, ibaka

c: kat, bell, Allen

 

was going for a punt assists team. Any trades I should make? Or players to drop? FAs are: osman, kcp, Hart, Hernangomez, Monroe, Giles, monk, bridges, wade, Dinwiddie, Hezonja, smart, hill, ariza, Bradley, poeltl, sga, dedmon, mkg, Ennis, siakam, Noel. Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some punt ast. teams here look very bizarre to me

 

with that strategy you have to be very very good in %s, PTS, REB, Blk. and Stl.

 

3s can be tricky aswell, cause you may be forced to draft Wings that often dont give you much else.

 

Scoring will be a problem for most of this teams aswell as stl., blk. and reb.  cause punt FT Teams with good scoring and assists are a huge threat

 

Still think AD is the perfect guy for Punt Assists. Gary Harris, Isaac and Pat Beverley are also must haves for me. Maybe even Lou Williams for PTS and FT Volume.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my team...

 

Guards - McCollum, Lillard, Beverley, Rubio, Rondo

Wings - Bullock, Bojan Bogdanovic, DeRozan, Bazemore, Kevin Durant

Bigs - AD, Gobert, BroLo, James Johnson, PJ Tucker, Montrezll Harrell

 

Was going for punt assists but couldn't resist taking Rubio and Rondo due to steals. Will probably look to trade Rondo mid-season to lock up 3s.

 

Any thoughts? Should I drop James Johnson for Avery Bradley or James Ennis?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team snake, 9 cat H2H, 4th pick:

 

1. KAT (4)

2. Middleton (21)

3. Love (28)

4. Allen (45) <-- went with Allen, while Aaron Gordon was still on the board. Feel I may have botched that one / will regret it.

5. Vucevic (52)

6. Mirotic (69)

7. Markkanen (76)

8. Hield (93)

9. Eric Gordon (100) <-- was contemplating Tyreke. A fun ride last year, but Conley was also out.

10. Brogdon (117)

11. McGee (124)

12. R. Jackson (141)

13. Gay (148)

 

edit. Ended up being a punt AST & STL build.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team H2h snake draft 9CAT standard, 3rd pick (was torn between giannis and KAT but decided to go with KAT to try a punt AST build and cause im already doing a punt FT build in another league)

 

Lost out on Whiteside and other blockers so decided to punt BLK too. Bogdan isnt as strong in a punt AST build but wanted another younger player with upside and more PTs. WIll put him in IL so I have another spot to fill.

 

James Johnson, Warren, Hart (insurance for KCP) are on the wire. Should I go for any of them?

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.57.59 AM.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sab said:

Hey guys, 

 

Just finished my NBA draft, 12 Team snake draft, 9 Cat league H2H format. Here's my team, let me know what you think! Oh and I had the 2nd overall pick in the draft (AD was 1st pick). 

 

1st Round - James Harden

2nd Round - Kevin Love

3rd Round - Rudy Gobert

4th Round - Gary Harris 

5th Round - Jayson Tatum

6th Round - Hassan Whiteside 

7th Round - Danilo Gallinari

8th Round - Trae Young

9th Round - Darren Collison 

10th Round - Jeremy Lamb

11th Round - Malcolm Brogdon

12th Round - Dewayne Dedmond

13th Round - Demarre Carrol

 

We have a rookie rule so we had to pick a rookie at some point and I figured I may as well take Trae Young at that point in the draft for assists idk.. I chose Harden last minute over Giannis (who would've suited my build a lot more but I'm basically lost as to what to do because right now my assists are my weakest followed by blocks slightly and then an average FG% (as per bball monster). I feel like every article I read says if you're doing a punt assists build don't do it with Harden and yet here I am and idk what to do lol, any advice? Harden is too good in other areas for me to let go of him... I was thinking of streaming guys for cheap blocks (maybe even assists) in Carrol's place. But yeah just looking for any advice haha 

 

Dang... This is why you shouldn't go into a draft committed to a specific punt build, and actually just decide once you've got a couple of your anchors drafted. 

 

I guess you can try rebuilding your team through trades. Your biggest trade asset is Harden, followed potentially by Trae since there's a rookie requirement (just hope he plays well early so there's a bigger market for him. Coincidentally, they're also the two players who pull your team further from being a punt assist team.

 

Also don't bother with Demarre... Dudes injured and droppable now. Maybe try to swing a 2-for-one trade 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...