NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

JP_Grizzly

1 hour ago, HarmStrong said:

Fiz is looking like a coach whom can't be trusted for regular rotation minutes. 

Probably so, but his roster has a lot to do with it. He has a bunch of young players that are trying to establish themselves in the league. He usually rolls with the hot hand down the stretch and the players that aren’t making the mental mistakes. Unfortunately, he has too many of those type of players right now. 

He's a firm hold.

The upside is too much to drop.

The Knicks are bad and they know they're bad so Mitch Rob will get minutes if he can stay out of foul trouble. 

Ultimately, if he averages something like 7 points and 7 rebounds with 1.5 blocks per game, there's value.... of course there will be clunkers like tonight along the way.

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

People are missing one thing with tonight's game, Tim Hardaway did not play. Where was the offense going to come from?? Its pretty clear Fiz rolled with Kanter because Hardaway was out. 

Maybe. It's also possible that Fizdale is full of s--- and Robinson gets 20 mpg the rest of the year (which would still probably give him end of bench value in 12-teamers). I think of all the waiver wire rookie stashes, Robinson probably has the best value now. I think he's a strong hold, we'll see what happens from here. If he can't get minutes the rest of the week he might get sent back to the wire for somebody else, though.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, chud12 said:

People are missing one thing with tonight's game, Tim Hardaway did not play. Where was the offense going to come from?? Its pretty clear Fiz rolled with Kanter because Hardaway was out. 

This is true. Which is also why Trier had to step up as well. I gambled on both Vonleh and Robinson seems like they like to take turns lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, royalm said:

Kid looks too raw for this season. Made the switch back to Siakam in a 10 teamer as I'm already leading league in blocks, will monitor him going forward tho.

Same here! In 10 team he is not worth owning for this season.

tumblr_ojg1562Gub1rz6ao9o3_1280.gif?w=60

• Haha 4