Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook


JP_Grizzly
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Drop him for Tyson Chandler. He will not get it done this year. Maybe will have 2-3 game stretch here and there, but can't be trusted. Dynasty Mode hold? Plausible. Otherwise? Drophell Robinson.

 

So you prefer the steady 6 pts/8 rebounds/0 blocks? If you drop him at least get a player that can actually finish inside top200

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

 

I understand dropping him but why the hell for Tyson Chandler

 

Because the Lakers will lean on him hard, he played 22 minutes after literally driving that day from Phoenix, they need his defense and his presence on the floor. Robinson is too raw and is not guaranteed the minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

 

Because the Lakers will lean on him hard, he played 22 minutes after literally driving that day from Phoenix, they need his defense and his presence on the floor. Robinson is too raw and is not guaranteed the minutes.

You understand 14 mins of Mitchell are more valuable than 25 of Chandler? And that will be the situation now. By March you will be crying over this move.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

You understand 14 mins of Mitchell are more valuable than 25 of Chandler? And that will be the situation now. By March you will be crying over this move.

 

I didn't make the move, just my opinion. Robinson is not going to get consistent minutes and his production will suffer, people love to overyhype on here! There are better options than Chandler but just saying he will be valuable in LA because they need him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't stash players in Daily leagues. That is why I play Weekly. Daily you need everyone to play and if they don't produce - Robinson will have his dud games - hard to take those 6-5-1 pt-rb-bk games. So I bench Robinson in my Dynasty league and wait until next year. No use to have young developmental players in Daily leagues. Unless you want to get your a** kicked every week.

 

Robinson looks like  future Gobert. Or was mentioned Camby.......Just don't expect much this year. As long as Kanter is around Robinson will get no more than 21-24 minutes per game. He is only 20. But this time next year........A front line of Robinson-Porzingis-Knox........And if Ntilikina developed......A good PG would help Robinson immensely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adam_magic said:

 

I didn't make the move, just my opinion. Robinson is not going to get consistent minutes and his production will suffer, people love to overyhype on here! There are better options than Chandler but just saying he will be valuable in LA because they need him.

 

Better options than Chandler definitely, should be only 100 of those on the wire, that's why I cannot understand what's the point of mentioning dropping Robinson for Tyson. The guy doesn't get any stocks at all. He just rebounds the ball. In 25 mins last year he finished 200th. Robinson is currently 163th for the year in only 17 mins. If that goes to 25 he will approach top100. Something that is out of the question for Chandler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am stuck as of now owning Mitch and Dedmond who is basically a dead anyway. I have to suck it up until Collins is back but boy I can't wait to cut both darn guys at this point. They are both infuriating owns. I actually thought Mitch looked really well last night in his 15 min. and I had zero idea why Fizz went away from him again. But this is how Fizz is going to roll and he called Kanter a 6th man of the year but as we know Fizz can change his mind on the spot with his rotation and minutes. The guy is maddening and I am not at all surprised as he can not make up his damn mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dino10k said:

You can't stash players in Daily leagues. That is why I play Weekly. Daily you need everyone to play and if they don't produce - Robinson will have his dud games - hard to take those 6-5-1 pt-rb-bk games. So I bench Robinson in my Dynasty league and wait until next year. No use to have young developmental players in Daily leagues. Unless you want to get your a** kicked every week.

 

Robinson looks like  future Gobert. Or was mentioned Camby.......Just don't expect much this year. As long as Kanter is around Robinson will get no more than 21-24 minutes per game. He is only 20. But this time next year........A front line of Robinson-Porzingis-Knox........And if Ntilikina developed......A good PG would help Robinson immensely.

Hell, even in weekly leagues he's too hard to own. With the unbalanced schedule, you need to have some options on your bench to put in for 4 game weeks. Robinson isn't even startable in a 4 game week. Therefore, he's on the wire in both my leagues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

Defensive stats are gold and even so it’s hard to hold this guy. I really don’t understand how he can log 28 minutes and still do so little statistically. 7 feet tall and can’t grab more than 5 boards? Pretty crazy.


He doesn't position himself for the rebounds. He gets lazy and tries to use his length for the boards. I am enjoying the defensive stocks, but MitchRob needs to improve with help defense

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:


He doesn't position himself for the rebounds. He gets lazy and tries to use his length for the boards. I am enjoying the defensive stocks, but MitchRob needs to improve with help defense


Everything is kind of lazy about him. He might set the worst screens I have ever seen, and yea along with the lack of even trying for a rebound. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

per Yahoo #111 in 9-cat over past two weeks in 21min:

Orl
418
111
20%
21:00
7
2.4/3.9
.630
1.3/2.0
.643
0.0
6.1
5.3
0.6
1.0
1.7
0.4

 

These don't look like attractive stats but the stl & blk combo is enough as a strong hold in standard league. Should only up from here so I don't get the negativity here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

per Yahoo #111 in 9-cat over past two weeks in 21min:

Orl
418
111
20%
21:00
7
2.4/3.9
.630
1.3/2.0
.643
0.0
6.1
5.3
0.6
1.0
1.7
0.4

 

These don't look like attractive stats but the stl & blk combo is enough as a strong hold in standard league. Should only up from here so I don't get the negativity here.


We see the potential. Many are just pointing out the fact that this guy plays lazy in real life which limits his rebounding rate, playing time, etc. 
As you said, his value should only go up from here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MysticPeak said:

He needs to learn from Willy Hernangomez. Lol toss it up as soon as you get the ball.

 

Sounds more like Anthony Randolph. Also sounds like the blueprint for someone who'd like to get benched frequently by his coach. 

 

If you read rw, don't do it Mitchell. 

 

In all honesty, he still struggles with positioning on rebounds (which explains the rebounding numbers) and even on simple PNR (which explains the minimal offensive opportunities). He doesn't get how to play basketball yet.  I'm sure part of the gameplan for him is "don't get in the way, hustle and play hard." The defensive stats are 100% due to his freak athleticism. It's also been noted several times in this thread, (I think) that those who roster him have to come to the realization that he's going to have several duds. You hold, for the potential at the tail of the end of the year. Not for right now.

 

I like him a lot. But I'm only rostering him in my 20 team league. Anything less than that, and I think most owners can get away with letting him sit on the waiver wire and just monitoring his production from afar.

Edited by tremixt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, tremixt said:

 

Sounds more like Anthony Randolph. Also sounds like the blueprint for someone who'd like to get benched frequently by his coach. 

 

If you read rw, don't do it Mitchell. 

 

In all honesty, he still struggles with positioning on rebounds (which explains the rebounding numbers) and even on simple PNR (which explains the minimal offensive opportunities). He doesn't get how to play basketball yet.  I'm sure part of the gameplan for him is "don't get in the way, hustle and play hard." The defensive stats are 100% due to his freak athleticism. It's also been noted several times in this thread, (I think) that those who roster him have to come to the realization that he's going to have several duds. You hold, for the potential at the tail of the end of the year. Not for right now.

 

I like him a lot. But I'm only rostering him in my 20 team league. Anything less than that, and I think most owners can get away with letting him sit on the waiver wire and just monitoring his production from afar.

 

Agreed. I've been watching the Knicks games and it looks like he's trying his best not to get into foul trouble by avoiding difficult rebounds. He's still learning how to play organized basketball and should break out by the end of the season. He's a better version of Jarett Allen from last year especially b/c Fizdale is already starting his youngsters. 

 

Even with his duds, he's worth holding for his steals and blocks in 14+ team leagues IMO
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...