NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

JP_Grizzly

2 minutes ago, MrBean said:

He needs to figure out how to minimize getting fouls. I still believe that he will be better in the next couple of months, but since I'm playing H2H, I just dropped him. Goodluck guys.

damn you dropped in a 16 teamer and i'm holding in a 12...I think I am dumb.

• Haha 2

Just now, richg24 said:

damn you dropped in a 16 teamer and i'm holding in a 12...I think I am dumb.

I'm just in need of other stats since my league is a very competitive one. It's daily. That's why.

PS: Didn't update my sig yet. Hehehehehe.

6 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Fizdale is not to blame for your fantasy woes lol

Hes doing what no other knicks coach needed to do....figure out wtf to do with this team. Knicks have been horrible and without chemistry for the past what, 10 years?

It has zero to do with winning. Everyone knows that no coach in the league could make the knicks win games this season. So what do good coaches do in these situations? Let the young new draft picks get big run so you can quickly see what you might have. Unleash the young upside guys to see if they fulfill their potential or show signs of being able to very soon. What good does playing kanter more mins do? losing the games either way, so develop what could be core pieces of the team and forget about the rest. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Fizdale is not to blame for your fantasy woes lol

Hes doing what no other knicks coach needed to do....figure out wtf to do with this team. Knicks have been horrible and without chemistry for the past what, 10 years?

What I said has nothing to do with fantasy. He is a bad coach period. He has been riding Spolstras coattails to get coaching gigs. He has no plan or vision. The knicks look just as s--- on offense and defense when fisher, hornacek were coaching. 

He is starting Muiday quite possibly the worst player in the league and just changed his line up again for the 100th time. 

When you manage to butt heads with Gasol  of all people and the front office is forced to step in, you're a s--- coach in the same tier as Kidd. 

Edited by taenggg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

7 pts/7 rebs/2.5 blks is all I ask 

Yeah...can’t bring myself to drop him...efficient on limited offensive opportunities, decent source of boards when he gets 20 minutes, and a freak in the blocks department.  

5 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

Would you let go of Ariza or Bridges for him?

Ariza yes, depends who is on your wire tho, bridges i wouldn’t , he is a talent , already bred through the college ranks his transition will be easier , fantasy I love picking guys on rebuilding teams , they have a more insentive to prove people they belong or play freely. Unlike the Celtics where you see jaylen brown regressing from last year. I would say Mitchell is like a young Nerlens Noel. 

54 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

Ariza yes, depends who is on your wire tho, bridges i wouldn’t , he is a talent , already bred through the college ranks his transition will be easier , fantasy I love picking guys on rebuilding teams , they have a more insentive to prove people they belong or play freely. Unlike the Celtics where you see jaylen brown regressing from last year. I would say Mitchell is like a young Nerlens Noel. 

Fair enough. I need blocks but I don't want to give up Bridges to get it. The point you made about rookies having something to prove is compelling. ROS there's definitely more upside with Bridges. I have Curry on my IL too and once he's back it'll be tough to choose who to drop for him 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

Edited by TheBoondocks
  • Like 1