• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The whole game is garbage time 

Zero is usually my limit for Knicks

How is MR inconsistent? He consistently brings stocks and he is consistently lacking in all other areas so far. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Better ros than siakam?

I had to chose among these two. In real life, Siakam is a better player. Great motor, has been beasting since preseason. But in fantasy, he will be in a timeshare with either a big or with OG. Siakam is one of 3 bigs, which would be fine, but then also shares PF minutes with OG when they go small. So that limits Siakam to ~22 minutes even when he starts. The last few games were fluke as OG was out.

As long as MR is getting 34 minutes (!) as the undisputed starter, he is the better prospect.

• Like 2

Fizdale's comments and a couple articles already suggesting Robinson may start ROS for his defense as well as to speed up his development (source):

The 20-year-old rookie has been starting since then, and that might be the case throughout the season as Fizdale aims to speed up his development.

“He’s going to be our foundation, our anchor of our defense for the future,” Fizdale told Marc Berman of the New York Post.

“Let’s get this guy going right now and really commit to the development of these guys and to what it’s going to take to get them to where they need to be for us to be the team we’re going to be later.”

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I embarrassingly drafted Robinson in my dynasty league only to cut him 3 games in because I thought he was getting sent down to the D league as the Knicks weren't playing him. Sigh, I hate myself as I was in win-now mode this year.

Cheer up, I drafted Bjelica and cut him before the season began for Poeltl, i also picked up Robinson at the beginning of this week, but dropped him just before tip-off after i saw twitter go insane because Boban was starting.. You win some, you lose some - it’s a bad feeling, but there isn’t much you can do about it now!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I had to chose among these two. In real life, Siakam is a better player. Great motor, has been beasting since preseason. But in fantasy, he will be in a timeshare with either a big or with OG. Siakam is one of 3 bigs, which would be fine, but then also shares PF minutes with OG when they go small. So that limits Siakam to ~22 minutes even when he starts. The last few games were fluke as OG was out.

As long as MR is getting 34 minutes (!) as the undisputed starter, he is the better prospect.

Having to make this decision now. Thing is Siakam has remained the starter and already has 22 minutes midway through the third lol. 

Just now, royalm said:

Having to make this decision now. Thing is Siakam has remained the starter and already has 22 minutes midway through the third lol. 

I would do it I just struggled with the decision but I think more upside with robinson even if he may he less steady there will be more explosion games. Also in Yahoo siakam is PF and doesnt have C eligibility which I think isn't as useful in 2 C leagues 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, markus85 said:

Cheer up, I drafted Bjelica and cut him before the season began for Poeltl, i also picked up Robinson at the beginning of this week, but dropped him just before tip-off after i saw twitter go insane because Boban was starting.. You win some, you lose some - it’s a bad feeling, but there isn’t much you can do about it now!

Dynasty league bro and I cut him. 

2 minutes ago, markus85 said:

lol I did exactly the same...

5 minutes ago, royalm said:

I like Siakam quite a bit. My problem is rotation consistency on a great and deep team. Tonight he may be great, but in March and April? Who knows.

Where will Robinson be in March/April if he is starting now? I'm betting Robinson not only gets better, but gets 30+ minutes a night from a coach whose goal is player development. I'm shockingly pleased with Fizdale on this decision.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I like Siakam quite a bit. My problem is rotation consistency on a great and deep team. Tonight he may be great, but in March and April? Who knows.

Where will Robinson be in March/April if he is starting now? I'm betting Robinson not only gets better, but gets 30+ minutes a night from a coach whose goal is player development. I'm shockingly pleased with Fizdale on this decision.

7 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I would do it I just struggled with the decision but I think more upside with robinson even if he may he less steady there will be more explosion games. Also in Yahoo siakam is PF and doesnt have C eligibility which I think isn't as useful in 2 C leagues 

I'm aboard for now boys. 180 reverse dunk hype

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dynasty league bro and I cut him. 

:( very sorry to hear!

11 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

lol I did exactly the same...

Nothing you can do but laugh, really - what were the chances after 2 games (one that he couldnt score in) of 17 mins or under, not due to foul trouble - he would show up like this vs Deandre Jordan? 34 mins, 13/10/3/3/1 - crazy stuff!

• Like 2

The hype train is going to hit mach 3 after tonight but I'm skeptical.  If Fizdale is going to commit to Vonleh and Robinson from this point onward then the Knicks frontcourt may as well be called The Inconsistent Couple.  They're almost guaranteed to be a roller coaster to own and I can't bring myself to trust a rookie C and Vonleh.  Having said that I think in standard leagues and deeper if you've got some deadwood Robinson is worth a 'why not' pick. 

As an aside it's extremely rare for a rookie big to average 7+ boards and 1+ block/game while averaging over 20min/game.  Less than 50 in the entire history of the NBA have done it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, heero78 said:

I am guessing he will have more playing time than Zach Collins this season? 

So I should pick him up instead of Collins? 

I dropped Collins for him but it depends on your teams' needs

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I concur.