NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

9 minutes ago, scheibler said:

To be fair the int towards Godwin was a gross overthrow even though the announcers blamed Godwin

Do you mean Evans?  I don’t recall Godwin’s being targeted on an INT.  If it’s the second INT, Evans fully admitted he ran the wrong route on that play after the game.

Correction to what I posted above re: Godwin.  He dropped two potential TD passes and dropped another ball deep in Steelers territory.  And fumbled.  Tough game for him overall.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pdog109 said:

That's what everyone said vs Eagles.

I'm leery of benching him at this point.

Not scared of bears defense more like scared of bears offense they are trash and won't score keeping it a close game.

TB might actually run the ball on 2nd down.

Context: After I said he was an easy bench this coming week @ Chicago.

No one thought Fitz was a real thing after he exploded Week 1. Everyone thought it was a fluke. That's why he wasn't a waiver wire add until he did it twice.

So yes, he was an easy bench vs the Eagles.

Hopefully he still destroys the Bears but their defense is legit. I can totally see the Bucs winning with Fitzpatrick having a very modest game because Trubisky sucks so, so much.

9 hours ago, affliction said:

You're right you win fantasy football by being proactive. Good luck winning your matchup when he gets pulled at the half. There is no peace of mind playing Fitz ROS.

I also would bet on him not sustaining #1 QB production for the rest of the season in the unlikely event he is the starter.

But time will tell on both points

No but with numbers he's put up so far (only QB in NFL HISTORY) to produce triple 400 passing you do bet that he does keep the job.  In the event he doesn't, you shrewdly hedge your bet by having another starter QB on your roster ready to go. 

giphy 1_zpssk0rbtau

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

No but with numbers he's put up so far (only QB in NFL HISTORY) to produce triple 400 passing you do bet that he does keep the job.  In the event he doesn't, you shrewdly hedge your bet by having another starter QB on your roster ready to go. 

giphy 1_zpssk0rbtau

Pardon the CSB  but I either play him vs the Bears or release him cause Cam is on bye. Not rostering 3 QB's. If Cam wasnt on bye I would keep him no problem

I been thinking about playing him but I just think this Bears game is going to be low scoring. 

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Pardon the CSB  but I either play him vs the Bears or release him cause Cam is on bye. Not rostering 3 QB's. If Cam wasnt on bye I would keep him no problem

I been thinking about playing him but I just think this Bears game is going to be low scoring. 

Who are you picking up?  It would be a shame to see Fitz later in the season (and say Hello) knock you out of the playoffs because you let go of a QB1. 

Have you even attempted to trade him for anything?

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Who are you picking up?  It would be a shame to see Fitz later in the season (and say Hello) knock you out of the playoffs because you let go of a QB1. 

Its funny, people view owning Fitz as “you need a qb.” Someone today just offered me Cousins as part of a deal because I have Fitz.

1 minute ago, mdw5048 said:

Its funny, people view owning Fitz as “you need a qb.” Someone today just offered me Cousins as part of a deal because I have Fitz.

Hahaha.....Well is Cousins who we think he is for certain?  

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

No one will trade for him in my league with Winston in the shadows. Honestly I would pick up Dalton just for this week vs the banged up Falcons then roster Cam ROS. I 

My gut tells me Fitz struggles vs CHI and going into a bye  the coaching staff will really start thinking about playing Winston.

I'm just going to drop my kicker keep Fitz pick up Dalton and make a decision later.

1 minute ago, affliction said:

No one will trade for him in my league with Winston in the shadows. Honestly I would pick up Dalton just for this week vs the banged up Falcons then roster Cam ROS. I 

My gut tells me Fitz struggles vs CHI and going into a bye  the coaching staff will really start thinking about playing Winston.

I'm just going to drop my kicker keep Fitz pick up Dalton and make a decision later.

Well at least your thinking about it.  Because if you release him, you may have given someone else a true gift.  

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Well at least your thinking about it.  Because if you release him, you may have given someone else a true gift.  

Which is why you wait until Saturday to pick up a QB and release him so Fitz is unusable for the next two weeks. And Winston might have the job back after the bye.

This Bears D is scary and their front 4 is hellacious.   I can confidently say being a die hard Bears fan,  that if Fitzmagic puts up another ridiculous stat line against the Bears, which is arguably the best defense he has faced all year and is statistically the best fantasy defense to date, that he will keep the starting job moving forward regardless.  He beats the Bears......you can forget Winston seeing the field barring an injury.  The Bucs have a really nice schedule after their bye week......so this could be the career year of Connor McBeard!!

People talking about dropping him after what he's done in fantasy? That's insane. Even if you have another good QB you have to keep him if for no other reason so you don't end up playing against him in the playoffs

45 minutes ago, devaster said:

Which is why you wait until Saturday to pick up a QB and release him so Fitz is unusable for the next two weeks. And Winston might have the job back after the bye.

That depends on your league settings.  In my league, if you drop him, he can immediately be picked up and used for the upcoming game.  

FFToday:  It seems unlikely, especially given his second-half rally, that Koetter would give Ryan Fitzpatrick the hook after leading the Bucs to a 2-1 start and nearly rallying to beat the Steelers. "Of course, we love Jameis,'' Koetter said. "Jameis is a member of our team and anxious to get him back. He'll be great in our locker room. And I know Jameis, whatever role he ends up in, I know Jameis will embrace that role and give it everything he's got.''

Analysis: Jameis Winston has been a headache for fantasy owners in the past, and this offense seems a lot more potent with Fitzpatrick at the helm. Expect Winston to back up the veteran until something earth-shattering happens.

Wed, Sep 26

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "all signs point" to Ryan Fitzpatrick starting Week 4 against Chicago.

Advice: This has been expected for awhile. With Tampa coming off a short week, Fitzpatrick is in line to make at least another start. It's his job to lose after three straight 400-plus yard games. The Bucs plan to use their roster exemption on Jameis Winston, so there might not be anything official until later in the week.

Archived