Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook


The 7th Beatles

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

It's no longer about what you produce on the field, it's about what you could possibly do 4 years from now. lol Winston did the same mistake of throwing right into a defensive lineman coming right at him that Fitz did, and nobody seems to care. The funny part is Fitzpatrick wasn't even bad in that 1st half. He got them to the red zone, and had that tipped interception. I guess he was supposed to match the Bears scoring on 4 straight series to start the game. lol Weird times.

Weird times include Fitz playing out of his mind for the first 2 weeks and stuffing stats last week. He was always the backup QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ralphg13 said:

I’m not sayinh Fitz benching was right or wrong, but the are wild times we are in. The #1 QB through 3 games sent to the bench at half time of game 4. 

 

The #1 QB in the NFL and the #1 QB in fantasy are two different things.  Turnovers are a major cause for losses, no matter the yardage a QB throws for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

 

The #1 QB in the NFL and the #1 QB in fantasy are two different things.  Turnovers are a major cause for losses, no matter the yardage a QB throws for. 

 

You DO realize that Winston threw 2 interceptions in his half of football right? One of them 5 times worse than any of Fitzpatrick's this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

 

Yes my friend it does.  I tried to prepare you for this inevitable moment of truth.  

 

lol if the Bears dont put up 5 TDs on 5 straight possessions Fitz probably plays the second half in a 2-3 score game and his owners would get the opportunity to read tea leafs for the game after the Bye week.

 

But yea it was your 'wisdom', I am sure everyone who saw the score leading to half time knew Fitz would be pulled so Jameis can get his feet wet in a non - pressure situation.  Made too much sense, basically had nothing to do with how well or bad Fitz was in the first half. 

 

Personally I am going to hang on to Fitz for a couple weeks and see if Jameis can stay healthy, he was dinged up a lot last year and was slow healing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

You DO realize that Winston threw 2 interceptions in his half of football right? One of them 5 times worse than any of Fitzpatrick's this season.

My point had more to do with the difference between top NFL QB and top FF QB. Lots of reasons have been given why Winston is the starter, but agree you should go with your gut, and keep starting Fitzbackup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

lol if the Bears dont put up 5 TDs on 5 straight possessions Fitz probably plays the second half in a 2-3 score game and his owners would get the opportunity to read tea leafs for the game after the Bye week.

 

But yea it was your 'wisdom', I am sure everyone who saw the score leading to half time knew Fitz would be pulled so Jameis can get his feet wet in a non - pressure situation.  Made too much sense, basically had nothing to do with how well or bad Fitz was in the first half. 

 

Personally I am going to hang on to Fitz for a couple weeks and see if Jameis can stay healthy, he was dinged up a lot last year and was slow healing. 

they have a bye week 5 and they just announced jameis will be starting week 6

 

it sucks, i was on the train too but all trains must reach their destination...or fly off the rails causing death and destruction

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Lots of reasons have been given why Winston is the starter, but agree you should go with your gut, and keep starting Fitzbackup.

 

Hey we have a funny guy over here everybody! The only reason is they want to try and still save face for their only 1st round 1st pick bust, which is in the end still going to be just that, a bust.

 

Could you imagine this happening in baseball. A guy leading the league in BA, homers and rbi's is benched for some young top prospect guy that's never been any good. lmfao

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

lol if the Bears dont put up 5 TDs on 5 straight possessions Fitz probably plays the second half in a 2-3 score game and his owners would get the opportunity to read tea leafs for the game after the Bye week.

 

But yea it was your 'wisdom', I am sure everyone who saw the score leading to half time knew Fitz would be pulled so Jameis can get his feet wet in a non - pressure situation.  Made too much sense, basically had nothing to do with how well or bad Fitz was in the first half. 

 

It was INEVITABLE.  Fitz was going to turn back into a PUMPKIN sooner or later.

 

I guessed it was more than likely against a ferocious Bears D.  

 

It didn't take an Einstein to put these factors together to ascertain the odds favored outcome similar to a Vegas bet.

 

Fitz is now TOAST.  Accept it and deal with it.  The past now is the past my good friend. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

 

Yes my friend it does.  I tried to prepare you for this inevitable moment of truth.  

 

Me?? I own Winston as well I couldn’t care less.  I knew it was going to be a short bumpy ride. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chud12 said:

 

Me?? I own Winston as well I couldn’t care less.  I knew it was going to be a short bumpy ride. Lol 

 

Oh then lol.  I thought your gif was you mourning in pain from the Fitz loss.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

 

It was INEVITABLE.  Fitz was going to turn back into a PUMPKIN sooner or later.

 

I guessed it was more than likely against a ferocious Bears D.  

 

It didn't take an Einstein to put these factors together to ascertain the odds favored outcome similar to a Vegas bet.

 

Fitz is now TOAST.  Accept it and deal with it.  The past now is the past my good friend. :P

 

great glad you could predict a career backup QB would struggle vs the top 1-3 pass rushes in the league, I am so amazed by this call.  The point I made was the only reason this call was correct had nothing to do with how the 'pumpkin' played, he had nearly 200 yards passing in first half vs this vaunted D and had a TD taken off the board due to offensive PI.

 

Fitz was fine and not the worst play in the world all things considered, he SHOULD have made it through that game but the TB Defense was so bad the game was already lost at half time so it made sense to get Jameis some game action.

 

So while the outcome you predicted happened, it wasn't how you predicted it would happen so thats why I'm rolling my eyes over here, really went out on a limb!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

Hey we have a funny guy over here everybody! The only reason is they want to try and still save face for their only 1st round 1st pick bust, which is in the end still going to be just that, a bust.

Why are you continuing to cry about Fitz?  Either move on or keep doing the same thing expecting different results, which was my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

great glad you could predict a career backup QB would struggle vs the top 1-3 pass rushes in the league, I am so amazed by this call.  The point I made was the only reason this call was correct had nothing to do with how the 'pumpkin' played, he had nearly 200 yards passing in first half vs this vaunted D and had a TD taken off the board due to offensive PI.

 

Fitz was fine and not the worst play in the world all things considered, he SHOULD have made it through that game but the TB Defense was so bad the game was already lost at half time so it made sense to get Jameis some game action.

 

So while the outcome you predicted happened, it wasn't how you predicted it would happen so thats why I'm rolling my eyes over here, really went out on a limb!

 

Exactly. All these people must have known that Brady a 6th rounder would win 5 Super Bowls and still be lighting people up at 41. I mean they must have a seeing eye stone. The funny thing is not a damn one of them watched the actual game. Especially Red Dork

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

great glad you could predict a career backup QB would struggle vs the top 1-3 pass rushes in the league, I am so amazed by this call.  The point I made was the only reason this call was correct had nothing to do with how the 'pumpkin' played, he had nearly 200 yards passing in first half vs this vaunted D and had a TD taken off the board due to offensive PI.

 

Fitz was fine and not the worst play in the world all things considered, he SHOULD have made it through that game but the TB Defense was so bad the game was already lost at half time so it made sense to get Jameis some game action.

 

So while the outcome you predicted happened, it wasn't how you predicted it would happen so thats why I'm rolling my eyes over here, really went out on a limb!

 

I agree with a few things you've stated.  But bottom line is this: 

 

Fitz was on an inevitable journey to be back to the journeyman he always was.  

 

I warned Fitz owners.  Now the only thing I can do is help them deal with the pain by watching the video I posted.

 

It's time to move on and salvage what you can.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

Hey we have a funny guy over here everybody! The only reason is they want to try and still save face for their only 1st round 1st pick bust, which is in the end still going to be just that, a bust.

 

Could you imagine this happening in baseball. A guy leading the league in BA, homers and rbi's is benched for some young top prospect guy that's never been any good. lmfao

 

You just don’t get it. This isn’t about Winston being the answer or not, it’s about the fact Fitz is a nothing and playing him serves no purpose. He has no future, he’s not the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...