NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Damn shame I have to burn my waiver on this dude but I own Jamis and I have to protect myself in my 2 qb league. 

I have to do the same, except I have to actually drop Jameis because my league only allows 2 QBs per roster. And instead of waivers its $ bids, so I'm even more screwed.

Jameis Winston is being sued by his former Uber driver to pay for damages that include "emotional distress as well as future therapy expenses."

Kate P. and her legal team also believe Winston still doesn't understand the impact of his actions, and they want "exemplary or punitive damages to punish and deter such conduct." The lawsuit offers "little new information" about the incident, so nothing should alter Winston's eligibility with the NFL, but he will have to answer to the suit nonetheless. Winston is eligible to return Week 4 but his starting job is very much in doubt with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing well to start the season.
27 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Jameis Winston is being sued by his former Uber driver to pay for damages that include "emotional distress as well as future therapy expenses."

Kate P. and her legal team also believe Winston still doesn't understand the impact of his actions, and they want "exemplary or punitive damages to punish and deter such conduct." The lawsuit offers "little new information" about the incident, so nothing should alter Winston's eligibility with the NFL, but he will have to answer to the suit nonetheless. Winston is eligible to return Week 4 but his starting job is very much in doubt with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing well to start the season.

Only now is she suing? And only now does she want Winston to understand the impact of his actions? Who whispered into her ear telling her to get that money?

He's gonna do it again on that Steelers D that is just horrendous. Of course he drops back to earth against the Bears in Chicago. But I don't think it will be the 0TD's and 4INT's that people are expecting. All I know is his teammates and fans love him. So he'd have to have 3 terrible games in a row to lose it now. Let's see here, have a Harvard grad that is making the entire locker room and stadium go rockus or Jameis Winston who has been nothing short of a total bust, now has two women who say he's a rapist (which I actually believe he is), and simply cannot hit anyone other than Mike Evans. 

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Only now is she suing? And only now does she want Winston to understand the impact of his actions? Who whispered into her ear telling her to get that money?

Seriously dude? She reported this immediately, which is exactly why Winston is suspended. So did the girl from Florida State. Who are you defending here?

Not only are the Steelers a terrible defense, the team itself seems to be totally disintegrating.

Bucs defense is not quite as bad but it is also bad, this is really the best case scenario for the bearded philosopher king Sir Ryan Fitzmagic.

The over/under for this MNF game between Steelers/Bucs is 54 !!!!!!

That is a college football o/u

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Not only are the Steelers a terrible defense, the team itself seems to be totally disintegrating.

Bucs defense is not quite as bad but it is also bad, this is really the best case scenario for the bearded philosopher king Sir Ryan Fitzmagic.

The over/under for this MNF game between Steelers/Bucs is 54 !!!!!!

That is a college football o/u

I forgot to mention they have no run game.

Again, best case scenario.

A lot like how Stafford's situation has been. Great for passing stats.

Leaky defense + no run game + a division with high scoring offenses & no elite defenses + warm weather city + superb beard = fantasy league winner

This is the week everyone starts him...possibly including me over Cam because Pitt's defense looks trash. No one played him vs the Saints and only desperate owners played him vs the Eagles.

I have played fantasy long enough to feel like this is a trap game.

19 minutes ago, affliction said:

This is the week everyone starts him...possibly including me over Cam because Pitt's defense looks trash. No one played him vs the Saints and only desperate owners played him vs the Eagles.

People keep doubting him.

He was a no start in big bold letters in every site against the  eagles.

Done with doubt.

23 minutes ago, affliction said:

I have the exact same feeling but unfortunately I may still take the chance give him the nod over Russell Wilson.

But at the same time, I tend to believe in Vegas and the fact the over/under is 54.5 makes me very comfortable starting him.

1 minute ago, bgar15 said:

I have the exact same feeling but unfortunately I may still take the chance give him the nod over Russell Wilson.

But at the same time, I tend to believe in Vegas and the fact the over/under is 54.5 makes me very comfortable starting him.

Yeah I plugged him in. Hope I'm not kicking myself Monday night.

I played him vs the Iggles.  This is the best offense he has quarterbacked in terms of weapons and the coach has his back in terms of letting him sling it.  

I have said it previously and will say it again, this dude is a seasoned vet that has been tested in some big markets and is a Harvard grad - he's very intelligent.  

He should understand everyone is expecting him to come back to earth, I'm sure even HE realizes he won't throw 400 / 4 every game, but you know whats so great about this whole thing - his confidence is so sky high right now in his teammates that he believes this is the reality of what he and the team is. 

They just beat the SB champs, who is gonna stop them is what their locker room is feeling right now.  Meanwhile the Steelers are an absolute mess.  

Total trap game that I could see Pitt winning BUT fantasy points should be there in this one and people that expect him to fall on his face are gonna be sad as they watch him perform at a high level each week as long as he's being trotted out there. 

Sometimes magic cannot be explained, you just have to believe.  

27 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I played him vs the Iggles.  This is the best offense he has quarterbacked in terms of weapons and the coach has his back in terms of letting him sling it.  

I have said it previously and will say it again, this dude is a seasoned vet that has been tested in some big markets and is a Harvard grad - he's very intelligent.  

He should understand everyone is expecting him to come back to earth, I'm sure even HE realizes he won't throw 400 / 4 every game, but you know whats so great about this whole thing - his confidence is so sky high right now in his teammates that he believes this is the reality of what he and the team is. 

They just beat the SB champs, who is gonna stop them is what their locker room is feeling right now.  Meanwhile the Steelers are an absolute mess.  

Total trap game that I could see Pitt winning BUT fantasy points should be there in this one and people that expect him to fall on his face are gonna be sad as they watch him perform at a high level each week as long as he's being trotted out there. 

Sometimes magic cannot be explained, you just have to believe.  

it's only a pickem, bucs not even a fav

i'll take the bucs though

• Ryan Fitzpatrick's 72.3 standard fantasy points are the most for any quarterback through two weeks in NFL history.
  • Fitzpatrick is the ninth quarterback to ever have back-to -back games with 400 passing yards and the first since Philip Rivers in 2013.
  • Fitzpatrick has four touchdown passes of 50 or more yards through two games. He had four such touchdown passes over his previous 50 games played.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/82263/478/the-nfl-week-3-worksheet?pg=4

51 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

New Orleans improved D and the Philly D couldn't stop him. Pittsburgh D doesn't look that great. Trap? I don't think so. Only an act of God could stop this guy right now.

Great first post, Fitz!!

What will you wear in the presser after this game?

6 hours ago, bgar15 said:

I'm doing the same against a much improved Dallas D. Russ starts against Cardinals and depending on how Fitzpatrick does/Baldwin return, it's a toss up week 5.

Archived