NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Red Dog said:

Fitz may start vs Chicago, but I think he implodes again, this time on the road vs an above average Bears defense. Winston becomes the starter coming out of the bye.

I feel last night was the game that we were guaranteed to see a bit of the earth fall imposition, things were clicking too good it had to slow down a bit.  Chicago I could easily see overlook this Bucs team and play down to their level to the point where TB could sneak away with a win.  

Love it that this dude has 400 yards passing and 3+ TDs 3 straight games and people just point at an INT and say he should be benched.  That's not how the NFL works.  

23 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Fitz may start vs Chicago, but I think he implodes again, this time on the road vs an above average Bears defense. Winston becomes the starter coming out of the bye.

so throwing over 400 yards and 3 TD/3INT (could have been 5 TD) is an implosion?>

Andy Dalton threw 4 picks in a 1 score game and his team also lost. 

Did he implode?  

Dudes are just waiting for this guy to fail and its tiresome, poor guy can't have a little breathing room after setting an NFL passing record for first three games of a season.  

It was most assuredly not an “implosion” - come on.  One of those picks was on an unlucky tip that just happened to sail right into a waiting defender’s hands, and another on a misexecuted route by Evans. Really only one INT I would put on Fitz, and that was on a pass to diminutive Jacquizz Rodgers from within his own end zone with pressure bearing down within a second or two.  He also faced far more pressure (over 40% on dropbacks) in this game than in any other, so the protection was just off for much of the night.

I have to assume he will at least remain the starter for next week, and then they have their bye - so no change for at least three weeks, if at all.

1 minute ago, TrillaTrilla said:

Why are people acting like Fitz sucked last night? He threw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs. lol

Because people who drafted Winston don't want to drop him and literally nitpicking each throw this guy makes hoping it sends him to the bench. 

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Because people who drafted Winston don't want to drop him and literally nitpicking each throw this guy makes hoping it sends him to the bench. 

its weird to see people want Fitz to fail so badly. Theyre not going to bench a dude that just set a record for pass yards through 3 games, won 2 games against good teams and almost beat another good team. That's hilarious. 

Winston is done unless Fitz has a game like he did with the Jets vs the Chiefs a couple years ago and throws 5 picks and like 150 total pass yds

3 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

Why are people acting like Fitz sucked last night? He threw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs. lol

Because he threw three picks and could have easily had three more. At the end of the day he battled through it, but it wasn't the crisp 400 yard performance the box score makes it out to be.

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Because he threw three picks and could have easily had three more. At the end of the day he battled through it, but it wasn't the crisp 400 yard performance the box score makes it out to be.

He also single-handedly brought his team back into contention and nearly won the game, unless you’re a big believer in running every single 1st down. Winston is trash and Fitz is in no position to lose this job anytime soon.

17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He also single-handedly brought his team back into contention and nearly won the game, unless you’re a big believer in running every single 1st down. Winston is trash and Fitz is in no position to lose this job anytime soon.

I love the story that Fitz is writing for himself. I loved the way he battled yesterday. Unfortunately, I've seen this story written before and it doesn't turn out so well. I guess I'm looking moreso at the long term. If it doesnt fracture the locker room or puncture the confidence of "your" QB, then ride the #FitzMagic wave. Just know that Winston is their QB. Point blank and the period and Fitz will soon be who we thought he was.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Just know that Winston is their QB. Point blank and the period and Fitz will soon be who we thought he was.

Why wasn't Winston painted on the team mural this year?

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/07/23/bucs-wont-have-jameis-winston-on-stadium-mural-to-start-2018/

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/nfl/the-buccaneers-arent-putting-up-jameis-winstons-mural-during-suspension/67-577023638

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Well this article only reminds us of the two obvious facts that we already know. One he is suspended. Two, he is the face of the franchise which only backs my point earlier.

Winston is a former #1 overall pick.  Fitzy is some guy they found on the street.  The Bucs may sit Winston a week or two to teach him a lesson about embarrassing the team, but they've got too much invested in him to make Fitzy the ROS starter.  Winston is going to get his job back after the first Bad Fitzy game.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Well this article only reminds us of the two obvious facts that we already know. One he is suspended. Two, he is the face of the franchise which only backs my point earlier.

My point was, if the Bucs know he's their future, why not paint his face on the wall?  It's a sign that they don't want to resign him and are distancing themselves. No?

If the Buc's release him before March, they save 21 mil in cap space, I feel there's no way the Bucs pay Winston 21 million. To the point of the poster above me, the Buc's actually don't have a lot invested in Winston right now and can get him off their books in March. 

11 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I love the story that Fitz is writing for himself. I loved the way he battled yesterday. Unfortunately, I've seen this story written before and it doesn't turn out so well. I guess I'm looking moreso at the long term. If it doesnt fracture the locker room or puncture the confidence of "your" QB, then ride the #FitzMagic wave. Just know that Winston is their QB. Point blank and the period and Fitz will soon be who we thought he was.

Lmao give me a break. We all know how well they do with Winston out there. He couldn’t lead this team out of a wet paper bag

So last night started off horribly as we all know, but damn if Fitzmagic didn't impress me the way he came back the second half, he's got a lot of heart. I was sure they were going to win the game there at the end, they should have gone for it on 4th down I knew there was no way they were getting the ball back at that point. I definitely am hanging on to him and do not believe Winston is back anytime soon. He looks like the Second Coming of Brett Favre.

I am going to agonize over whether to play him or not this week vs the Bears. The Bears defense looks incredible, on the other hand, the ungodly awful Cards offense was able to get some points on them...Further complicating matters I have the Bears defense.

4 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

So last night started off horribly as we all know, but damn if Fitzmagic didn't impress me the way he came back the second half, he's got a lot of heart. I was sure they were going to win the game there at the end, they should have gone for it on 4th down I knew there was no way they were getting the ball back at that point. I definitely am hanging on to him and do not believe Winston is back anytime soon. He looks like the Second Coming of Brett Favre.

So now he is the 2nd coming of Brett Favre. SMH. LOL..You guys are out of control. Why don't you ask Bills and especially Jets fans about Fitzy. It all started out oh so well and then poof.....

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

So now he is the 2nd coming of Brett Favre. SMH. LOL..You guys are out of control. Why don't you ask Bills and especially Jets fans about Fitzy.

Why don’t you ask Bucs fans about Winston

he sucks

Archived