NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Detroit provided very little resistance in the paint and hopefully NY will not either however against a quality defensive squad it'll be interesting to see how he does. 

It also looked like he got a lot more deflections in the pistons game and I'm surprised he didn't end up with more steals.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont give a f--- about me having him on my roster and losing him for the season, this is really awful, the best player on the team goes down like that, dude was really killing it and is a breakout s

Posted Images

Just now, chud12 said:

For one Levert percentages are going to have to improve a good amount. Also getting 30 plus nightly might be tough on this team given the coaches history of playing everyone. Let’s just hope Levert keeps the starting job because you never know with Atkinson. I thought if everything broke right for Levert this year we would be looking at a top 65-75 guy and I’m going to keep those expectations. Like I said I just want to see a sample of at least 10 games of good/great play before I start making any predictions. 

The things you mentioned that are potential roadblocks (percentages, Atkinson's previous rotational patterns) do not equate to it then being some crazy, impossible notion to think top 50 is a possibility.  You already think 65-75 if everything broke right is an expectation, so how can then top 50 be such a crazy proclamation? A crazy proclamation is saying someone like Isaiah Canaan will be top 50. 

Caris obviously works on his game, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that his percentages improve to that point this year.  And in terms of Atkinson, I doubt him or the organization will stunt someone's growth if they know they have a legitimate future.  He will get his minutes and usage, and Harris, Carroll, and Crabbe are not going to get in his way if they truly think LeVert is a building block for the future.  And if the rumors are true that they do not want to include LeVert in a trade for Jimmy, then they obviously think very highly of him.

Waiting on making a prediction and keeping a "if all works well top 65-75 guy" expectation is totally reasonable, but I also think it is reasonable to think a top 50 possibility is not just some insane notion. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

The things you mentioned that are potential roadblocks (percentages, Atkinson's previous rotational patterns) do not equate to it then being some crazy, impossible notion to think top 50 is a possibility.  You already think 65-75 if everything broke right is an expectation, so how can then top 50 be such a crazy proclamation? A crazy proclamation is saying someone like Isaiah Canaan will be top 50. 

Caris obviously works on his game, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that his percentages improve to that point this year.  And in terms of Atkinson, I doubt him or the organization will stunt someone's growth if they know they have a legitimate future.  He will get his minutes and usage, and Harris, Carroll, and Crabbe are not going to get in his way if they truly think LeVert is a building block for the future.  And if the rumors are true that they do not want to include LeVert in a trade for Jimmy, then they obviously think very highly of him.

Waiting on making a prediction and keeping a "if all works well top 65-75 guy" expectation is totally reasonable, but I also think it is reasonable to think a top 50 possibility is not just some insane notion. 

I said if everything broke right and I just don’t see that happening on this team with this coach. The coach is by far the biggest road block for Levert’s value imo. 

Do we think that LeVert will do better if Russell is better?

I think better shooting from Dlo/Crabbe will open the floor more and give him more options for assists as opposed to Dinwiddie who creates more

4 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Top 50 is not out of the question, but he will need to make a crazy jump with his efficiencies.

1. Two categories that negatively affected him the most, compared with every player in the league last season, were his rebounding rate and freethrow% (along with... bunch of other categories).  All stats will come with increase in playing time. Ft%? That is on him.
2. Along with that, Levert needs to take more threes because increasing his 3pg is easier than miraculously increasing his 43.5% fg. 

I've been trying to the see the change in his ranking, the jump, when certain categories were punted from last season. And he is comfortably staying outside top 100.
The Nets roster didn't change that much, so I am hoping Levert just improved THAT much. Hence, realistically closer to top 70 guy like what chud12 said. 

As a miserable nets fan, I am hoping Tekno is right tho 

16 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I said if everything broke right and I just don’t see that happening on this team with this coach. The coach is by far the biggest road block for Levert’s value imo. 

Watching Yes Network to see Jared Dudley play 36 minutes while collecting 1 point, 5 personal fouls, 0/5 fg wasn't pleasant. Atkinson played him at 4 over Faried.
At this point, I rather see Kenneth Faried brick 3s than see Dudley play 36 minutes and miss all 5 shots. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, ber said:

From reading on this forum if Levert have a bad game tomorrow, we will see a lot of people want to drop him for sure! lol!

But if he explodes again, here will be very, very hot. I am ready with the meme :D

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Watching Yes Network to see Jared Dudley play 36 minutes while collecting 1 point, 5 personal fouls, 0/5 fg wasn't pleasant. Atkinson played him at 4 over Faried.
At this point, I rather see Kenneth Faried brick 3s than see Dudley play 36 minutes and miss all 5 shots. 

Exactly why I am scared to see what Levert's pt and starting situation look like once everyone is healthy and up to speed. Atkinson makes dumb, nonsense decisions when it comes to rotations. And say Levert is having a bad game he might not get a chance to salvage it in the 4th quarter because Atkinson can turn to a number of other guys down the stretch playing well. (Russel was benched down the stretch game 1) Until/if Levert establishes himself as the 1st or 2nd best player on this team there are just too many roadblocks imo to reach the lofty expectations I see here. 

Here another happy owner of Caris LeVert this season. I drafted him with my second last pick in the draft and I have huge expectations with Caris  this year, I really think is possible he could end the season in the Top 50/60.

Yesterday before the Bulls game started, another guy offered me his Kawhi + LaVine for my Jokic + LeVert. I declined it today and despite the great game of LaVine I didn't regret a bit.

My predictions for him this season: 17 p. | 5 r. | 6 a. | 1'8 3pt. | 1'7 s. | 0'5 b. | 2'8 t. | 46% fg | 78% ft | 34 min.

What is your opinion about the trade? Should I had acepted the offer?

My team (H2H 10 teams 9 cat. roto league):

seabobs_.jpg

16 minutes ago, SeaBobs said:

Ridonkulous team, you are clearly better than at least 8 of the other managers with the amount of talent you hoarded. Probably 8 top 50 guys and nobody beyond 80 in my personal pre-season rankings, with LeVert and Nurk being the two lowest.

23 minutes ago, SeaBobs said:

seabobs_.jpg

I'm curious to know how did you get Embiid + Jokic?

You most likely picked Jokic in the top 7. I know it's a 10 teamer, but did the other folks in the draft room fell asleep?

16 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm curious to know how did you get Embiid + Jokic?

You most likely picked Jokic in the top 7. I know it's a 10 teamer, but did the other folks in the draft room fell asleep?

After the draft I traded Valanciunas for Collins to a guy who had only selected one center (Howard). And dropped JJJ for Isaac then.

picks.jpg

If he balls out again, I'm going to shop him for sure. As much as I'd love to be on the ride (rode D Mitchell from Waivers to championship), it's always prudent to upgrade for a more consistent and proven commodity (especially with a fully muddled backcourt when all are healthy, and Atkinson as a coach making sustainability tough).

That being said AIM HIGH folks! Getting rejected still means you have LaVert. Don't settle for a 50 - 60ish round guy which LaVert is looking like he will be. Shoot for 30 - 50 range, maybe someone who's starting slow, or even higher in a 2 for 1. 

50 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

If he balls out again, I'm going to shop him for sure. As much as I'd love to be on the ride (rode D Mitchell from Waivers to championship), it's always prudent to upgrade for a more consistent and proven commodity (especially with a fully muddled backcourt when all are healthy, and Atkinson as a coach making sustainability tough).

That being said AIM HIGH folks! Getting rejected still means you have LaVert. Don't settle for a 50 - 60ish round guy which LaVert is looking like he will be. Shoot for 30 - 50 range, maybe someone who's starting slow, or even higher in a 2 for 1. 

I don't think this is an absolute thing -- and certainly detrimental unless you are talking about the most ideal transaction ever.

If you were in a league where you were the one to grab LeVert and he performs well for two games -- do you actually play w/ people that will give you a more established commodity that has similar upside? Why would they?

37 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I don't think this is an absolute thing -- and certainly detrimental unless you are talking about the most ideal transaction ever.

If you were in a league where you were the one to grab LeVert and he performs well for two games -- do you actually play w/ people that will give you a more established commodity that has similar upside? Why would they?

If it's someone starting slow (people get jumpy) or a 2 for 1 where someone believes the hype in LaVert maybe even moreso than I do. Crazier things have happened, and sometimes you gotta shoot your shot. Like I said I'm cool with getting rejected and riding with LaVert who I believed enough to draft, I just don't like lateral moves personally.

Also SO WHAT if someone did want that, everyone needs to STOP IT with saying in so many words "your league is s---y, my league is awesome and I'm better than you because of this" Not everyone who plays fantasy basketball spends all day in forums and checking the Rotoworld updates, and if you do THAT'S COOL TOO (I'm in the later group myself) It's totally cool you can disagree 110% with an opinion I have or anyone else has (I love hearty debate), but you can also do it WITHOUT denegrating other people and the people they play fantasy with.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Also SO WHAT if someone did want that, everyone needs to STOP IT with saying in so many words "your league is s---y, my league is awesome and I'm better than you because of this" Not everyone who plays fantasy basketball spends all day in forums and checking the Rotoworld updates, and if you do THAT'S COOL TOO 

It doesnt seem like the person you quoted did that.