NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont give a f--- about me having him on my roster and losing him for the season, this is really awful, the best player on the team goes down like that, dude was really killing it and is a breakout s

Posted Images

I own Caris LeVert in every league this year (even my dynasty and keeper leagues I have drafted him). However, I have reached for him a bit in my redraft leagues. Here's where I have selected LeVert in my leagues' drafts 

12-Team Dynasty: 136th

14-Team Keeper (Points League): 99th

12- Team Public: 135th

12-Team Private: 116th

14-Team Private (15-CAT): 106th

What do y'all think?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Has the Nets released their starting lineup yet? I feel Carroll will be traded sometime this season, I'm just curious about the projected mins for Levert

I would guess he will average around 28 min, probably at or over 30 after the all star break. I agree that Carroll will be traded and maybe dinwiddle as well

On 10/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, crocp said:

What round is the absolute earliest I should be taking this dude? 

I'm all about hype, and this thread got me hyped.

Update: Drafted last night in my 14 teamer....

Believed in the hype and drafted him at pick 100....

too soon?

1 minute ago, hakeemthedream said:

I think he can do 17-5-5-1.6-1.5 (30 minutes).. I hope.

im indifferent with his 3s, and I know its a main part of his game. Ive been punting 3s lately. and yeah 1pt more wouldn't be bad, but i'm tempering expectations.

If things do not go as planned the first couple weeks, how much leash is everyone going to give caris? 

10 hours ago, thefamily79 said:

57th?  I'd say YOU did well if that pick wasn't yours.  

9 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I love me some LeVert, but 57th overall is insane. 

It wasn't my pick. I had him queued up about 20ish picks later. Honestly, I don't think it is a "bad" pick, I just don't know how much upside value it has. I am confident LeVert is going to return top 75 value, and I think he has a shot at top 50. 15/5/5 would not surprise me. DAR gets the hype, but LeVert is a much better talent. If their draft positions were switched (2 vs. 20) LeVert at 57 wouldn't have many people surprised. He is getting over 30 mpg in the preseason. He is my bet to be the Net above 30 mpg this year. And I see a lot of the offense running through him because he is the best player on the team, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

It wasn't my pick. I had him queued up about 20ish picks later. Honestly, I don't think it is a "bad" pick, I just don't know how much upside value it has. I am confident LeVert is going to return top 75 value, and I think he has a shot at top 50. 15/5/5 would not surprise me. DAR gets the hype, but LeVert is a much better talent. If their draft positions were switched (2 vs. 20) LeVert at 57 wouldn't have many people surprised. He is getting over 30 mpg in the preseason. He is my bet to be the Net above 30 mpg this year. And I see a lot of the offense running through him because he is the best player on the team, IMO. 

Both Dlo & CLV's issues are efficiency, both shooting (FG/FT) and TO. That said, they played really well off of each other and can both put up excellent #s. I think they are both underrated coming into this year. Dlo will probably get the most minutes on that team as they need to figure out whether to keep him but CLV should be up there as well. The hope is that DMC/Crabbe get less minutes this year. 

4 hours ago, LW_00 said:

I own Caris LeVert in every league this year (even my dynasty and keeper leagues I have drafted him). However, I have reached for him a bit in my redraft leagues. Here's where I have selected LeVert in my leagues' drafts 

12-Team Dynasty: 136th

14-Team Keeper (Points League): 99th

12- Team Public: 135th

12-Team Private: 116th

14-Team Private (15-CAT): 106th

What do y'all think?

Zoinks! 136 in dynasty is tremendous. Recent player blurb talked about him, DAR and Allen as their three cornerstones to build the franchise, so that screams dynasty gem to me.

Got him in a keeper (keep next year one round earlier than drafted) at 09.11 (107 overall) and was so pumped I told my arch rival picking after me I was going to steal his pick. It was such an obvious pick he said "yeah I know" and we both knew he was easily the top player left on the board.

ED: Great drafting of LeVert in all your leagues, you adjusted your timing based on league size and format. A-plus.

Edited by rando
26 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Big boost for him and Joe Harris IMO.

Add RHJ to that list since DMC was going to play mostly 4.

More peripheral but this opens up more minutes for Rodions as well... 

Lastly, RHJ might be out for the opener as well... that's RHJ, Crabbe, DMC, Napier who could be out... 

Dlo/Din

CLV/Harris

Harris/CLV

RHJ*/Dudley/Kurucs

Allen/Boss

20 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Lastly, RHJ might be out for the opener as well... that's RHJ, Crabbe, DMC, Napier who could be out... 

Dlo/Din

CLV/Harris

Harris/CLV

RHJ*/Dudley/Kurucs

Allen/Boss

You really like abbreviating everyone's name hey there bud

• Haha 5
24 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Dlo/Din

CLV/Harris

Harris/CLV

RHJ*/Dudley/Kurucs

Allen/Boss

Just feel like this needs to go a step further and replace with Harry, Dud, Al