NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Caris LeVert matched his career-high 27 points with four rebounds, four assists, one steal and three turnovers in 34 minutes against the Pistons on Wednesday.

He ran the offense for most of the game and continued to show his rapport with Jarrett Allen. LeVert had a clear runway to take off this year following the news of DeMarre Carroll (ankle) having surgery, and there's almost no chance LeVert will lose his grasp now that he has a defined role in the 30s. He can be a bit turnover prone, but LeVert has a chance to score close to 20 with plenty of other stats along the way. He's a clear breakout candidate and his savvy owners shouldn't be looking to sell high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont give a f--- about me having him on my roster and losing him for the season, this is really awful, the best player on the team goes down like that, dude was really killing it and is a breakout s

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, whatisball said:

trying to do a 2 for 1 to make room for him in a shallow league, but don't wanna cut ingles, prince, schroder either..... i swear if somebody takes him from underneath me :o

If you dont have him in 10 minutes.. hes gone forever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, whatisball said:

trying to do a 2 for 1 to make room for him in a shallow league, but don't wanna cut ingles, prince, schroder either..... i swear if somebody takes him from underneath me :o

9 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

If you dont have him in 10 minutes.. hes gone forever

Is he gone? lmao

So.  What about Crabbe?  Who's minutes does he take away when he comes back?   Also D'Lo only played 25 minutes, what was up with that? 

Have Caris on both my teams, and hoping for good things, but issue last year was a lot of mouths to feed.   There should be enough PG and SG minutes for Levert, D'Lo and Crabbe, but then there's Dinwiddie who also had a good game.   Could we wind up around 24 minutes each?  They did lose the game.

Edited by swyck
6 minutes ago, swyck said:

So.  What about Crabbe?  Who's minutes does he take away when he comes back?   Also D'Lo only played 25 minutes, what was up with that? 

Have Caris on both my teams, and hoping for good things, but issue last year was a lot of mouths to feed.   There should be enough PG and SG minutes for Levert, D'Lo and Crabbe, but then there's Dinwiddie who also had a good game.   Could we wind up around 24 minutes each?  They did lose the game.

These are important reservations that every owner should think about.  Get yourselves ready for nights with 25-28 minutes.  It is a real possibility.

Honestly I wont be surprised when Crabbe is back and LeVert still starts over him. Either that or LeVert playing at SF, all pretty likely to me. I think its clear he’s taking a more dominant role in their offense and kinda becoming the Alpha Dog alongside Dlo and I’m not worried about Allen Crabbe taking away from that, if anything he just provides more assist options for LeVert. 

8 minutes ago, swyck said:

I'm imagining this will end up similar to last year, where even the best players on the Nets didn't play more than 30 minutes generally speaking unless they had injury concerns.  Nets were down 3 of their key rotation players (Carroll, Crabbe, RHJ) so everyone else got more time (besides Russell).  I think he'll revert to less minutes than last night, but in Atkinson's system people can thrive in under 30 minutes.  

3 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

anybody see what pos he played last night? He'll be way more valuable if he gets SG elig. Currently only SF in yahoo

He played 3 positions last night - PG, SG and SF. Atkinson realized something that other Lakers fans stll don`t, that Russell can`t be your starting PG in NBA. Except you are Spurs, Suns or Magic and think that you don`t need PG. So he put the ball in LeVert`s hands and i expect that will be the case all season. And he plays with Dinwiddie much better than with the "ball hog snitch". So, he must have for 3 positions eligibility at the end.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, swyck said:

Crabbe takes away Joe Harris' minutes since they are both shooters in that offense with limited creation.

I expect a starting 5 of Dlo, LeVert, Crabbe, RHJ, Allen.

When Carroll returns from his procedure he'll most likely come of the bench but could straight replace Carroll or LeVert. 

Dudley had a really rough time with Blake but provides more outside shooting than RHJ so spacing might be an issue. I also expect Dlo to get more run but he'll need to play better

3 minutes ago, Kippet said:

Guy...

I think he is trying to troll because earlier on he said there is zero chance that LeVert puts up top 50 value this season. That first game explosion I'm sure got him a bit tilted so now he is trying to be patronizing/ironic by exaggerating his potential ranking even much further than people were hyping him earlier. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Future is LeVert and Allen. These are the two safest Nets players when it comes to minutes regardless if the entire team is healthy. Atkinson may like to spread the wealth but he isn't stupid. He knows there development is top priority with the franchise. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I think he is trying to troll because earlier on he said there is zero chance that LeVert puts up top 50 value this season. That first game explosion I'm sure got him a bit tilted so now he is trying to be patronizing/ironic by exaggerating his potential ranking even much further than people were hyping him earlier. 

Ahhh thanks for the clarification dawg