NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Stefan

6 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

trading for this guy is the main reason why I may not make the playoffs. 

who'd you give up?  did you trade for him when he was healthy?  I doubt he's the main reason...if you miss the playoffs you likely have much much larger issues than missing Taurean Prince. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

who'd you give up?  did you trade for him when he was healthy?  I doubt he's the main reason...if you miss the playoffs you likely have much much larger issues than missing Taurean Prince. 

Yeah it was when he was healthy. Traded kanter for him 

• Haha 2

Questionable for Sunday , I think he sits that game but plays the next vs OKC Jan 15th . I dropped Bazemore but kept Prince on my IR . Hopefully that pays off , he did have a nice second half last season. Hes going to be locked in to huge minutes , I’m certain of that. Him, Collins, Trae , and fellow rookie Kevin Huerter are the future of the Hawks. Hopefully Prince can stay healthy and build on last years performance. 

6 hours ago, Brandayz said:

So do you think this guy will explode like he did after the all-star break last year or ?

Another guy in my league is interested because he know what he did last year, so wondering if I should trade him

Prince is ok. Marginal at best. He is not gonna win your league, that's for sure. For people that drafted him like I did (5th rnd), it wouldn't have hurt you if you dropped him to be honest. His ADP was too high IMO. I held on and it's a wait and see cuz you can find what he gives you on the wire.

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

He was dropped in my league and I failed to use my #1 WW on him.   I was starting to think I missed out and made a mistake but the above posts making me feel i may have done the right thing. lol.

I probably would have used my waiver on him, don't think anyone else ROS on wire has his upside, which is probably top 50 if he can get hot and over 2 threes + over a steal + decent peripheral stats.  High TO and low FG though so not for everybody.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

In one of my 12-team leagues I drafted Love, Prince, Barton, and picked up Levert. Guess where I am in the standings -_-

That's rough. Do you have any injury reserve spots? I have Prince in two leagues, one with and Injury reserve and one without. I'm the number one in both. But I also drafted Warren, Conley and Gallo in every league. 

While I don't think Prince will score as much as he did last season, I think Atlanta has a nice squad now and he'll be productive once he gets back into basketball shape. 

Edited by Jugernot

1 minute ago, Jugernot said:

That's rough. Do you have any injury reserve spots? I have Prince in two leagues, one with and Injury reserve and one without. I'm the number one in both. But I also drafted Warren, Conley and Gallo in every league. 

While I don't think Prince will score as much as he did last season, I think Atlanta has a nice squad now and he'll be productive once he gets back into basketball shape. 

Two spots. But that's basically my 3rd, 5th, and 6th picks gone