NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Stefan

6 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Arrggghhhhh, as much as I want to now, I just can't drop this guy. Just can't. Too much upside and we've seen what his capable of last year in the 2nd half. I don't care what situation he's in, I feel like his talent and usage will prevail. But you're killing me Prince. Killing me.

The post above yours is pretty spot on. Very hard seeing Prince breakout on this team giving the current situation. 

• Like 1

Was reading an article about how Taurean has been struggling to adapt to the new system put in by Pierce. He was a draft pick by the previous regime which is why he's technically on the "block." He;s not handling the ball as much as Trae and Huerter have kind of taken ball handling responsibilities. Still a great spot up shooter and decent....defender.

A trade would almost certainly help his value. 

On 2019/1/30 at 2:48 AM, jungmich said:

Was reading an article about how Taurean has been struggling to adapt to the new system put in by Pierce. He was a draft pick by the previous regime which is why he's technically on the "block." He;s not handling the ball as much as Trae and Huerter have kind of taken ball handling responsibilities. Still a great spot up shooter and decent....defender.

A trade would almost certainly help his value. 

I was thinking the opposite because of the team's pace and ****tiness, one of the best settings to produce. However now any change would probably do him good, minimal involvement with the Hawks jeez. 

18 hours ago, CanucksForever said:

Huerter over Prince ? 

Huerter is on waiver, and I am seriously considering swapping those 2 ;(

Definitely Huerter over Prince. Huerter is already better at basketball in real life and his role doesn't seem threatened by anything. 

God I don't wanna drop him coz I'm in a 16 team league and there is nothing better on the wire, but I cannot trade him as well as nobody wants him. I guess I'm stuck with this guy...

IMO he's a drop for 10 team, maybe a wait-and-see hold for 12s and above. I dropped for RJax in a 10 team, but no arguments if you do drop him in deeper leagues as well.

It sucks because I did use like a 6-7th round pick on him.. but his outlook looks bleak. Many Hawks fans can agree that he's not that good of a player, and it shows in his inability to command extra usage from his teammates. It's the Trae and Collins show in ATL, and he looks to be an afterthought in the coach's and organization's plans. Not to mention, they aren't getting any traction in trading him away, and its unlikely that teams would purposefully trade for him to put him in a featured role.