NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Stefan

4 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Everytime he has a dud I try to remind myself of this. I know eventually it'll come.

taurean.jpg

Yep one of the Rising stars , east competition in the SF is quite strong but with Lebron gone he could be huge for the hawks, can distribute and defend. It was his ankle sprain early in the year that’s bothering him. It sucks to have an injury so early in the season because of how many games are being played on a weekly basis. It doesn’t allow the ankle to properly heal and the tendons become tight, he doesn’t want to snap his Achilles. Playing favorably on it , like the rest of the league but they go out there with no complaints to perform every night

2 hours ago, Pyschout said:

Brogdon is just so meh

Really... Top-60 on the season is your definition of "meh", huh?  

I would rather have Brogdon than Prince right now, and it's not really even close given the way MIL's synergy lends to more efficient play from the guard positions.  

image.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 80version said:

Really... Top-60 on the season is your definition of "meh", huh?  

I would rather have Brogdon than Prince right now, and it's not really even close given the way MIL's synergy lends to more efficient play from the guard positions.  

image.png

Yeah?  You know it's December 2nd, right? 

So let's break this down: Brogdon's best z score categories are FT%, then threes, then turnovers.  Obviously, any fantasy owner worth his salt looks VERY closely as someone whose top categories include turnovers.  I'm sure you agree, everyone does.  Sometimes there's great players who get low turnovers but typically if you're a good fantasy player, you're turning the ball over.  But it being his third best category isn't bad, right?

No, but let's look at his threes. He's shooting almost 50% from three, 10% better than his career average.  So it's probably going to fall.  When it does, now his second best category is turnovers.  I'm fine.  Thanks though.

• Thanks 1

Oh whoops, fourth best.  His fg% is up there, too.  Which...when he's not shooting 50% from three....

These hot and cold streaks are fun but when players start the season in one, fantasy owners get all weird about it.  It's a hot start and that's great, and Brogdon is a good glue guy.  But I'm not getting excited about him.  Wasn't E'Twaun Moore a top 100 player for a couple weeks this season?  Brogdon is way better than Moore, but that's what happens when someone gets hot.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Pyschout said:

Oh whoops, fourth best.  His fg% is up there, too.  Which...when he's not shooting 50% from three....

These hot and cold streaks are fun but when players start the season in one, fantasy owners get all weird about it.  It's a hot start and that's great, and Brogdon is a good glue guy.  But I'm not getting excited about him.  Wasn't E'Twaun Moore a top 100 player for a couple weeks this season?  Brogdon is way better than Moore, but that's what happens when someone gets hot.

Is this even a debate?  Brogdon is putting up top 60 value while Prince is well out of the top 100.  What does prince do that brogdon doesn't?  And prince's usage and production is getting worse while Brogdon's is getting better.  It's not close at all.  Maybe the ankle sprain is affecting Prince more than we thought but at halftime of tonight's game, he's sitting on 2 points on 1-3 shooting in 15 minutes. The coach is not giving him as long a leesh as he has in the past.  I agree that Prince has a slightly higher ceiling than Brogdon but at this point, Prince's ceiling is Brogdon's current production.

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Like 1

just saw the injury and work in an orthopedic office

nice thing is there was no additional weight from another player landing on it, but it seemed like a pretty deep sprain

negative x rays dont mean much in an ankle sprain since they don't show ligaments, mainly just check for breaks.

given how he was able to at least walk off with help from his teammates but still put his foot down and not compeltely use 1 leg, i think he'll miss between 2-4 weeks, could be upwards of 6

ankle sprains are tough sincle liagments dont have the best blood supply, he'll probably be in a walking boot sometime soon

Edited by calebcjy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, calebcjy said:

just saw the injury and work in an orthopedic office

nice thing is there was no additional weight from another player landing on it, but it seemed like a pretty deep sprain

negative x rays dont mean much in an ankle sprain since they don't show ligaments, mainly just check for breaks.

given how he was able to at least walk off with help from his teammates but still put his foot down and not compeltely use 1 leg, i think he'll miss between 2-4 weeks, could be upwards of 6

ankle sprains are tough sincle liagments dont have the best blood supply, he'll probably be in a walking boot sometime soon

Well at least he gets to keep his leg?

• Haha 2