NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Stefan

Just dropped him. Hate to do it as I like the kid and think he still has a lot of potential. But I don't have an IR in my league, and I'm already dealing with a dead roster spot with Dipo being out. Just can't afford missed production for almost a month. Picked up Wes Matthews who I feel offers the most similar production.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 8:44 PM, Fantasyscrub said:

Is this even a debate?  Brogdon is putting up top 60 value while Prince is well out of the top 100.  What does prince do that brogdon doesn't?  And prince's usage and production is getting worse while Brogdon's is getting better.  It's not close at all.  Maybe the ankle sprain is affecting Prince more than we thought but at halftime of tonight's game, he's sitting on 2 points on 1-3 shooting in 15 minutes. The coach is not giving him as long a leesh as he has in the past.  I agree that Prince has a slightly higher ceiling than Brogdon but at this point, Prince's ceiling is Brogdon's current production.

That's great but looking at rankings isn't really good if you're in H2H.  Brogdon's value is based upon his unsustainable 3% and his turnovers (lol).  That's nothing I want to be a part of, although it's moot now.

2 hours ago, Pyschout said:

That's great but looking at rankings isn't really good if you're in H2H.  Brogdon's value is based upon his unsustainable 3% and his turnovers (lol).  That's nothing I want to be a part of, although it's moot now.

Maybe if you play in a 4-team league, but his turnovers are definitely not his only valuable stat in real leagues. His percentages are what his value is based on. His 3s are up a bit but he's a career 42% shooter so that's moot. 

If you're going to derail the Prince thread then at least don't make s--- up about Brogdon. 

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Are you guys still holding prince? I had to cut bait because I already have dipo out and we don't have IR spots in our league. Hopefully no one picks him up lol, I'm gonna try grabbing him back in a couple of weeks 

If you've got 2 injured dudes on your bench in H2H you're basically conceding 5 categories every week. I hope you tried to trade him first, but you can't hold him. 

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

If you've got 2 injured dudes on your bench in H2H you're basically conceding 5 categories every week. I hope you tried to trade him first, but you can't hold him. 

I play roto, so injuries are a bit more tolerable even without IR. Still, 2 dead roster spots hinder production a lot, especially when one of them is my 2nd round pick. No one was biting on a trade. i picked up Wes Matthews from the wire - he has the closest production to what Prince was offering

30 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I play roto, so injuries are a bit more tolerable even without IR. Still, 2 dead roster spots hinder production a lot, especially when one of them is my 2nd round pick. No one was biting on a trade. i picked up Wes Matthews from the wire - he has the closest production to what Prince was offering

Well then you shouldn't be playing 13 (or 12) guys anyway so I'd hold him. You don't have a better stash on your wire. Injuries are fairly irrelevant in roto, that's why I have no issue taking injury prone players especially after the early rounds. 

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

1 hour ago, TheBoondocks said:
slim pickings on the league that I own him.  marcus smart is the closest to him stat wise lol

Smart might actually be having a better year overall lol

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stefan said:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

He is objectively having a better fantasy season.

ED: I guess he isn't, just way better since he began starting. Basically the same season though so not really a reason to throw shade at that poster.

Edited by miasma16

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He is objectively having a better fantasy season.

ED: I guess he isn't, just way better since he began starting. Basically the same season though so not really a reason to throw shade at that poster.

Give me a break man, please :) 
image.png.2a7af7f9d80d1140f2dab1ae1cd9d00d.png

14 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Give me a break man, please :) 
image.png.2a7af7f9d80d1140f2dab1ae1cd9d00d.png

Go look at ranks, Yahoo even made it easy for you. Just funny that you're being a dick when you're not even correct. And with how useless Smart was at the start of the season, I'd say he would've been more useful when he's been in my lineup than Prince has.

11 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Go look at ranks, Yahoo even made it easy for you. Just funny that you're being a dick when you're not even correct. And with how useless Smart was at the start of the season, I'd say he would've been more useful when he's been in my lineup than Prince has.

Alright man I just can't agree on that... that shieeet  defies logic. . . 

Although I must say I'm a little biased cuz Prince won me league last year with that c r a z y last two games... but still... 10/10 times I would own Taurean before Smart... 

BTW PER BASKETBALL MOSTER (PER GAME 9 CAT VALUE ):

SMART: 124

PRINCE: 112

EDIT: In Prince's defence he was playing most of the season with some ankle injury/problem... he'll put up better stats when he heals... I'm sure in that...

Edited by Stefan

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Dropped in my 20 team which I think was a mistake.

Unfortunately I've got too many wings as it is:

Durant

Middleton

J-Rich

Lamb

Barton (+)

If he's dropped in a 20 team league, you might as well stash him and trade him when he comes back.  Dude has way too much value to be sitting on waivers in anything 12+.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Prince was expected to miss at least three weeks of action after an MRI revealed a ligament sprain, bone bruise and soft tissue inflammation in his left ankle, and Wednesday will mark the end of Week-3. He has to be close at this point, so maybe he'll be able to get back out there for Friday's game in Minnesota or Saturday vs. Cleveland. Kent Bazemore and Kevin Huerter will continue to benefit while he's out.

The note sounds like pure speculation based on the initial report that he will be out "at least" three weeks.

There're no updates from the Hawks, no news of him doing any kind of practice.

• Like 1