NBC Sports Edge Forums

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> not specific to your team > lists entire team and goes into depth about team   Take your dumb a** to the AC forum.

Those team-specific questions don't belong in here.

That is exactly what doesn't belong here. Questions specific to your team and team build belong in the AC thread once you meet the parameters: http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach

Posted Images

5befc5a87c4a4_2018-11-179_38_58.thumb.png.d735c61dd18b6732c475ebd0ea489eaf.png

He is not THAT bad as you think he is!

He averages 1.4 Threes, 1.4 Steals, 0.9 TO's

If he can shoot 4.5 threes per game and have an average of 40%, he would be top40 again.

Wait for Brooks to get fired and he will return to his good old form!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, bilotos13 said:

If he can shoot 4.5 threes per game and have an average of 40%, he would be top40 again.

I know.

Last year he was 14.7 pts 6.4 rebs 2 ast 1.5 stl 0.5 blk 1.0 TO, 3PTM 1.8, FG 50.3% FT 82.8%

This year so far 10.4 pts 4.4 rebs 1.8 ast 1.4 stl 0.6 blk 0.9 TO, 3PTM 1.4 FG 45.3% FT 84.6%

It's actually not that far. He's currently STILL at 75 for 9cat league. 

FG% drops 5%, avg point drops 4, avg rebound drops 2, other than that, it's almost the same. 

At least tonight, he was one of the guys that closed out 4th quarter and was on court most of the time. 

Be patient. It's worth the wait. Wizards still sucks - some huge roster moves are expected. 

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bilotos13 said:

What makes you think Brooks will get fired though

Clearly he should be from a basketball stand point but I’m not so sure the Wizards front office will bite the bullet after giving him so much and pay him just to leave. 

Personally I hope he gets traded literally anywhere

In my points league he is by far my worst player , he was at 27 fps last year and now he is at 20. I picked him at 78 and now he is like my only drop , I value even Mathews over him atm(24,5 fps this season). Dropping for the first pf with potential on the fa/ww I see( my weakest pos)

5 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

What makes you think Brooks will get fired though

Clearly he should be from a basketball stand point but I’m not so sure the Wizards front office will bite the bullet after giving him so much and pay him just to leave. 

Personally I hope he gets traded literally anywhere

When a team is getting blown out regularly the product doesn't drive fans. Paying a coach to leave to bring in someone that can get them competitive is worth it. This team had lofty goals. They are terrible. Otto is an afterthought. Wall is taking far too many step backs and threes imo. They need to blow up this core and Otto and his contract will be tough to trade. If he hit my wire I would instantly scoop and pay a lot in FAAB because this wizards team will not continue the way it is right now. Something will change. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

When a team is getting blown out regularly the product doesn't drive fans. Paying a coach to leave to bring in someone that can get them competitive is worth it. This team had lofty goals. They are terrible. Otto is an afterthought. Wall is taking far too many step backs and threes imo. They need to blow up this core and Otto and his contract will be tough to trade. If he hit my wire I would instantly scoop and pay a lot in FAAB because this wizards team will not continue the way it is right now. Something will change. 

He did hit my wire and I did instantly scoop for that reason and for the simple fact that Otto is good and that will materialise eventually one way or another. To me it just seems like the Wizards don’t really have a long term history of making the tough or correct decision so I could see them sticking this out in hopes that the team figures it out, they have s---y stretches like this every year

13 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Would you guys consider a trade for D Russell?

If we're talking standard 9 cat there is no way I entertain Otto for Dloading. That guy isn't good at basketball, his minutes aren't stable and chances are if you drafted Otto, Dloading is the exact opposite of what your team needs. As bad as Otto's been he is still ranked 26 spots ahead of him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If we're talking standard 9 cat there is no way I entertain Otto for Dloading. That guy isn't good at basketball, his minutes aren't stable and chances are if you drafted Otto, Dloading is the exact opposite of what your team needs. As bad as Otto's been he is still ranked 26 spots ahead of him

Actually i was the one that drafted Dlo even though i have a punt assists built and i am trying to get rid of him for a player who fits better. OPJ is perfect for assists punt built and even though he started slow this season he still ranks higher than DLo. So it is a no-brainer for me wanting this deal to happen right? Dlo had a really slow start himself this season and now with Levert out he will have his numbers raised, so if the OPJ owner has a FG or/and TO punt built, then the deal makes sense for both parties... 

1 hour ago, Manos A said:

Actually i was the one that drafted Dlo even though i have a punt assists built and i am trying to get rid of him for a player who fits better. OPJ is perfect for assists punt built and even though he started slow this season he still ranks higher than DLo. So it is a no-brainer for me wanting this deal to happen right? Dlo had a really slow start himself this season and now with Levert out he will have his numbers raised, so if the OPJ owner has a FG or/and TO punt built, then the deal makes sense for both parties... 

I would say its a no brainer for you if you're a dloading owner. OPJ has proven that he can be a top 30 asset and I don't see him playing any worse than has been to start the season. Would definitely make sense to swap players that fit each of your builds, and you would be getting the player with the higher floor and higher ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, thezing1 said:

For Coach Brooks, OPJ doesn’t play well since the start of the season...

But If we just see the boxscore..I don’t think the « WASH PG/SG combo » show a nice level...

vs BKN = 48Pts (DLO + Dinwiddie)

Beal + Wall = 8TO - 14-38FG

vs ORL = 51Pts (Augustin + T.Ross + Fournier and Even J.Grant with 12Pts..lol)

Beal + Wall = 6TO - 19/42FG

vs DAL =  49 Pts (DSJ + Matthews + Barea) 

Beal + Wall = 4TO - 14/38FG

It’s so easy to talk to the media and ask more from OPJ but If Wall + Beal have the « Free Card » the worst will be come soon..

Please to fire Brooks or trade OPJ...?

• Like 1

Agree or not????

Otto Porter - F -  Wizards

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, there are "whispers" that the Pelicans are interested in Otto Porter.

Porter is in the second year of four-year, $106.5 million contract, and O'Connor speculates that an offer of Julius Randle, Solomon Hill and a first-round pick could work. Porter is having his worst season since 2014 and has often found himself on the bench late in games with coach Scott Brooks rolling with Kelly Oubre and Jeff Green a lot. A change of scenery could be a good thing for Porter, especially to an offense as good as New Orleans, but there's been no indication that the Wizards are ready to deal despite their awful start.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Agree or not????

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, there are "whispers" that the Pelicans are interested in Otto Porter.

Porter is in the second year of four-year, $106.5 million contract, and O'Connor speculates that an offer of Julius Randle, Solomon Hill and a first-round pick could work. Porter is having his worst season since 2014 and has often found himself on the bench late in games with coach Scott Brooks rolling with Kelly Oubre and Jeff Green a lot. A change of scenery could be a good thing for Porter, especially to an offense as good as New Orleans, but there's been no indication that the Wizards are ready to deal despite their awful start.

Ageeed. They have freakin Wesley Johnson starting at the 3. That’s all that needs to be said. 

7 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Agree or not????

If somehow Otto goes to NOP, i promise to watch more Pelicans games than every other team! They need 3 and D SF, he needs PG/SG who are not ball hogs, and in Gentry's system - welcome top 40! Win-win for everybody except the Wizards - with DH12 and Randle they are in play for 6-10 pick in the next draft.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Agree or not????

Remember guys, most trades don't appear as a rumor, but its not impossible to see a Otto trade. I prefer him going to Rockets. Till then, we will see if Scott Brooks can keep his job. 

4 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

I don’t know if Wash are interesting about their draft pick...

But It will be interesting to see OPJ under Run & gun system..lol

Getting away from the cancerous duo of Wall and Beal, regardless of the team he goes to, can only be a positive. Obviously, going to the Rockets/Pelicans would be ideal. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Agree or not????

It seems like a lot to give up for a guy who has been struggling, but it's not.  The Pelicans have a solid core of Holiday, Mirotic, AD.  AD is the top fantasy player and Holiday/Miro are top 25 players.  They might not be that good irl but it's a damn good core regardless.  Their issue has always been wing depth.  Moore is good, not great, but he's a function role player.  Randle/Hill have very little value imo irl or fantasy.  Randle just conflicts with Miro, so it's a zero sum game, his minutes might as well go to Miro.  Idk if he has any value in Washington either due to Morris/Dwight.  Maybe he's an upgrade for them bc he's younger.  Idk how either team values that first round pick as if the trade goes through it will be a late one.  But if the Pelicans can obtain a difference maker for them it's worth it.  Clearly they're behind the Warriors but the other teams I thought would be fringe contenders (Jazz/Houston) have underperformed.  So now there's a time to strike where they can be a second seed in the west possibly.  The Warriors are having internal struggles so if there was ever a time to strike, it's now.  They should push all their chips into the middle and see what happens because an organization like this doesn't get many chances.