NBC Sports Edge Forums

Klay Thompson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Others have made it pretty clear that Klay's stats have not gone down substantially in the past 4 years.  The reason for his drop in rankings (for 9-cat, 9th in 2015!) is because of the increase in 3p

1) The best month of Hield's career is worse than Klay's career averages.  They are not the same caliber of player.   2) Show me a guy who scores 20ppg with 3 threes a game and shoots 47% fr

I'm surprised with the outlook..

I just don't get how all of you can disregard his last 4 years for only 4 GAMES PLAYED THIS SEASON. Even with KD here he's been putting up 20ppg at minimum. Just a cold start all. He's got this. Don't give up hope with 78 games left in the season. (Sounds ridiculous to even say, but I gotta mention that)

Klay Thompson (left ankle) will be available to play Wednesday vs. the Wizards.

He was being listed as probable, and now we essentially have official confirmation that he'll be in uniform for tonight's game. Thompson has gotten off to a slow start this year, connecting on just 13.6% of his shots from beyond the arc, which obviously is not a trend that will hold for the career 42.0% 3-point shooter. Now would be a good time to try and float out some buy-low offers

• Like 1

You'd think this freedom of movement rule will benefit Klay, as much as seems to have helped Redick.

It helps shooters right? Do I understand it correctly?

Or maybe he's making a conscious effort to get to the line more, to boost his stock in the offseason? Adding another dimension.

Well, hopefully he keeps up his 1blk a game, more possesions nowadays, more chances to block.

1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

You'd think this freedom of movement rule will benefit Klay, as much as seems to have helped Redick.

It helps shooters right? Do I understand it correctly?

Or maybe he's making a conscious effort to get to the line more, to boost his stock in the offseason? Adding another dimension.

Well, hopefully he keeps up his 1blk a game, more possesions nowadays, more chances to block.

I don't know what you are talking about, he's getting plenty of shot attempts but he is just in a shooting slump

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

I don't know what you are talking about, he's getting plenty of shot attempts but he is just in a shooting slump

Right, so I'm just thinking of possible reasons he might be off rhythm and not making them, because I want to.

And then maybe someone who's more knowledgable about the game and watches the Warriors could say something like "yeah, he's not catching and shooting as much in the games he's played, taking a lot of shots off the dribble."

And then maybe I can learn something.

That's what I'm talking about.

38 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Right, so I'm just thinking of possible reasons he might be off rhythm and not making them, because I want to.

And then maybe someone who's more knowledgable about the game and watches the Warriors could say something like "yeah, he's not catching and shooting as much in the games he's played, taking a lot of shots off the dribble."

And then maybe I can learn something.

That's what I'm talking about.

One of the main problems in my opinion, is that the Dubs have reverted (as they sometimes do since the KD era) to heavy iso-ball.  Because they are just that good individually, and so they know they can win this way for now. But their bread and butter is ball movement, cuts, drive and kicks, leading to open threes.  Klay is easily the biggest beneficiary of that, since he typically does not create his own shot.

I don't have any numbers to back this up, it is only my eye, but I also think this is why KD only has 3 triples through three games (same number as Klay). KD is taking a lot of twos off the dribble, in the post, etc. This factor, combined with some uncharacteristically bad three-point shooting; SSS

Edited by jay14bay
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Chickenmane said:

Another strong early round quality performance

Nice job using a one game sample size. We’ll be sure to @ you by seasons end. I’m guessing your account will be deleted though.