NBC Sports Edge Forums

Klay Thompson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Others have made it pretty clear that Klay's stats have not gone down substantially in the past 4 years.  The reason for his drop in rankings (for 9-cat, 9th in 2015!) is because of the increase in 3p

1) The best month of Hield's career is worse than Klay's career averages.  They are not the same caliber of player.   2) Show me a guy who scores 20ppg with 3 threes a game and shoots 47% fr

7 minutes ago, sham242 said:

It’s 2 weeks into the fantasy season. Klay will be perfectly fine. Exercise some patience or trade him away if you can’t and then regret it when he turns it around. 

I'm starting to think the people who post this "he'll be fine" are the ones who are really worried.

I think people are just reacting to s---y stat lines. No different than Towns not performing. Klay is severely underperforming right now, not gonna pretend he's not.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

I'm going to be "concerned" about Klay's shooting until he has a normal game where he hits more than 1 three.

I think he'll snap out of it, but it doesn't feel good to see 33% on 18 shots, and I'm going to act as such.

45 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

I'm starting to think the people who post this "he'll be fine" are the ones who are really worried.

I think people are just reacting to s---y stat lines. No different than Towns not performing. Klay is severely underperforming right now, not gonna pretend he's not.

So are you saying everyone is concerned? Honestly, this isn't even on my radar. It is Klay Thompson. I think it was Gary Sheffield that responded to questions about a slump he was in with a response of "look at the back of my baseball card". Just look at Klay's stat lines in his career and the outlier is obvious. On a scale of 1-10 my concern level is 1.5 and the only reason it isn't 1 is because of his ankle and role when Boogie returns. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

So are you saying everyone is concerned? Honestly, this isn't even on my radar. It is Klay Thompson. I think it was Gary Sheffield that responded to questions about a slump he was in with a response of "look at the back of my baseball card". Just look at Klay's stat lines in his career and the outlier is obvious. On a scale of 1-10 my concern level is 1.5 and the only reason it isn't 1 is because of his ankle and role when Boogie returns. 

Na, saying that if there's a response like:

"Ah, damn, why you no make three Klay?"

That commnet doesn't mean they think it's the end of the world and he'll never make a three again. Just frustrated, and what's wrong with that? I'm sure Klay's frustrated too.

But commonly you get a reponse to that like:

"Stop worrying, he'll be fine, you think no one ever goes through slumps? Don't be a baby. You think a player never goes through slumps, look at the history of the NBA, EVERYONE GOES THROUGH them. Common sense. Go ahead and trade him for Justin Holiday, and I'll have my pants down and some chapstick for when he goes on a hot streak."

That response doesn't seem warranted in my opnion.

Sorry man, I have no idea what you are talking about, but that is fine. I think maybe we are approaching this from two different perspectives. Mine is that there is no acceptable or correct post of panic or frustration about Klay Thompson 5 games into the season. His minutes are down a tick and his shot attempts are down a tick. Until there is an injury he is sort of a set it and forget it type of player. I think it is fair to assume a decrease in his stat line based on Boogie, but that should have been baked into your draft rankings. If Curry continues this blistering pace then I would consider that a trend that would knock Klay down a tad, but nothing too crazy. Obviously, freedom of movement is benefiting Curry, but if Klay was hitting shots at a normal clip this thread would read much differently. You don't need to respond to me and you can have final word if you want to respond because there just isn't much more energy I am going to give to a Klay Thompson shooting slump. 

13 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Sorry man, I have no idea what you are talking about, but that is fine. I think maybe we are approaching this from two different perspectives. Mine is that there is no acceptable or correct post of panic or frustration about Klay Thompson 5 games into the season. His minutes are down a tick and his shot attempts are down a tick. Until there is an injury he is sort of a set it and forget it type of player. I think it is fair to assume a decrease in his stat line based on Boogie, but that should have been baked into your draft rankings. If Curry continues this blistering pace then I would consider that a trend that would knock Klay down a tad, but nothing too crazy. Obviously, freedom of movement is benefiting Curry, but if Klay was hitting shots at a normal clip this thread would read much differently. You don't need to respond to me and you can have final word if you want to respond because there just isn't much more energy I am going to give to a Klay Thompson shooting slump. 

Oh my negative opinion of klay has nothing to do with his past 5 games. He's an incredibly overrated fantasy player and I said that before the season even began. He'll have a handful of games where he explodes, but for he most part he will be mediocre. Basketballmonster has him projected outside the top 80 and people for some reason still view him as an early round caliber player. 

Edited by Chickenmane
1 minute ago, Chickenmane said:

Oh my negative opinion of klay has nothing to do with his past 5 games. He's an incredibly overrated fantasy player and I said that before the season even began. Basketballmonster has him projected outside the top 80 and people for some reason still view him as an early round caliber player. 

Klay isn't the type of player I draft in roto leagues because he doesn't do enough in enough categories to warrant an early round pick. So we are in agreement that he is overrated. Personally, I own zero shares for this reason. That said, I don't understand what the concern is here. If the dude was hitting his PROVEN percentage of 3's then his stat line would be normal. I need to get out of this thread. I just don't get caught up in slumps for proven players. It just isn't good for your health. 

• Like 1
Just now, thezing1 said:

Klay isn't the type of player I draft in roto leagues because he doesn't do enough in enough categories to warrant an early round pick. So we are in agreement that he is overrated. Personally, I own zero shares for this reason. That said, I don't understand what the concern is here. If the dude was hitting his PROVEN percentage of 3's then his stat line would be normal. I need to get out of this thread. I just don't get caught up in slumps for proven players. It just isn't good for your health. 

I don't think people are as caught up about Klay's slump, as much as you're caught up in people "not being concerned".

Like I looked at his stat line, cursed to the sky, wanted to share my pain with the other frustrated owners here, and that was that.

It's okay to feel brah.

1 minute ago, outherebrother said:

I hope Thompson gets traded!

He got 17 shots dude calm down, theres only one thing thats missing and that's 3's. He's not taking as many attempts this year and not shooting the attempts he does take very well either.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:21 PM, BrowKnees said:

He got 17 shots dude calm down, theres only one thing thats missing and that's 3's. He's not taking as many attempts this year and not shooting the attempts he does take very well either.

This comment got stale VERY fast lol (no offense)