NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 20178-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread went from " OMG, first round Whiteside is back" to "cant imagine this jackass being a father" real quick....

Still very productive on a per minute basis for fantasy purposes. 25mpg should be able to get him into top 60 comfortably.    Knee Bone Bruise in game 1/82 last year. Bone bruise to the knee

Ignorance.   Migraines can be pretty severe and debilitating. It's also one of the harder ailments to treat. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, durel_arroyo said:

what I don't understand is why Spo cannot adjust their gameplay. They should have find Whiteside in the post or run pick and rolls instead of chucking bad shots. It's puzzling that Whiteside gets bench when clearly it's not his fault they always get in early deficit.

JRich and even Dragic are not very good at finding Whiteside on lobs. The Heat have a very messy roster and they have some wings that are developing their 3 shot. They are trying to make JRich a primary scorer. They are trying to figure out the mess they made with JJ, KO, Winslow and then you have Bam and Whiteside. But to be fair, it isn't like Whiteside playing 30+ mpg was leading to many victories. Obviously impossible to make direct comparisons due to injuries, strength of opponent, etc. but the Heat are only 3-4 when Whiteside plays 30 or more minutes. 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

JRich and even Dragic are not very good at finding Whiteside on lobs. The Heat have a very messy roster and they have some wings that are developing their 3 shot. They are trying to make JRich a primary scorer. They are trying to figure out the mess they made with JJ, KO, Winslow and then you have Bam and Whiteside. But to be fair, it isn't like Whiteside playing 30+ mpg was leading to many victories. Obviously impossible to make direct comparisons due to injuries, strength of opponent, etc. but the Heat are only 3-4 when Whiteside plays 30 or more minutes. 

This is pretty much it. Dragic and JRich struggle to get whiteside involved at all. I think McGruder was one of the best guards in terms of chemistry with whiteside so if he gets benched when they are back to full health thats another hit to whitesides value. 

While I dont think a trade for hassan is likely at all (especially with that contract) the heat would be stupid to not try their hardest. Your highest paid player and coach clearly hate each other and youve made it reasonably clear the coach isnt going anywhere. They should trade whiteside for just about anything at this point, they want to rebuild around Jrich so trade hassan and get some pieces to help rebuild.

• Like 1

Hassan Whiteside said he left the bench early before Tuesday's game ended because he had to go to the bathroom.

He said his stomach was bothering him and that he couldn't hold it as he left with about 40 seconds left in the game. Whiteside said he also went to the bathroom early in the Utah game, and added that this is being blown out of proportion because it's him. Whiteside also said he probably should've talked to the training staff about it. Coach Erik Spoelstra said Whiteside leaving the bench early after not playing in the fourth was "unacceptable behavior." Spo has benched Whiteside several times in the fourth last year, so this could become an issue again this season. Bam Adebayo is a possible pickup here.

LOL, soooo many jokes and memes to be made.

Laxative commercials and sponsors will love this guy.  

And the funniest thing is that it's not the first time this has happened to Whiteside, apparently.

Can you imagine this guy in school?

W: I need to use the bathroom!

Teacher:  You're taking a test, Whiteside!

W:  But I reallllllyyyy need to gooooooo!!!

Teacher: Fine, but you're failing if you leave.

W: Bye!

Or during the (improbable) ECF:

Spol:  Okay, series tied 3-3.  We're down by 1 in the fourth with .3 seconds left.  We need a lob dunk!  Where's Whiteside?

Assistant Coach:  Uhhh...he's taking a dump.

In all fairness, with the Heat down by like 14 with 40 seconds left last night, I don't blame Whiteside...though he's basically getting paid thousands of dollars to poop then.

5 hours ago, stay_woke said:

This is pretty much it. Dragic and JRich struggle to get whiteside involved at all. I think McGruder was one of the best guards in terms of chemistry with whiteside so if he gets benched when they are back to full health thats another hit to whitesides value. 

While I dont think a trade for hassan is likely at all (especially with that contract) the heat would be stupid to not try their hardest. Your highest paid player and coach clearly hate each other and youve made it reasonably clear the coach isnt going anywhere. They should trade whiteside for just about anything at this point, they want to rebuild around Jrich so trade hassan and get some pieces to help rebuild.

This is why they need Waiters to get healthy (not bc I stashed him on the IL last week bc I had a free IL spots and wasn't gonna use the add).

Ruled out for tomorrow due to the birth of his child. With the game being the first of a back to back and across the country, Id consider him highly doubtful for saturdays game as well. This seals my loss this week but I really just hope he is ready to go for mondays game.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Cant imagine this jackass being a father

If he's a good, caring father, it doesn't matter what he does on the court.  Also, Spo plays as big a part, if not more, than Whiteside does in all these shenanigans.  I've always thought he's a bit overrated as a coach, but he stubbornly pulls his most dominate player and runs offense through goofs (except JRich...love ya big guy) who generally struggle to consistently create or hit shots.

Edited by jmoney23
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Stefan said:

So Hassan might be back Wednesday... just read it.

Hassan Whiteside (personal) may be able to return to the team in time for Wednesday's game in Utah.

Whiteside did not travel with the team as they began their six-game road trip on Friday to be there for the birth of his son, but his son was born on Sunday, so maybe he'll be able to get back to the team by Wednesday. He won't play tonight against the Lakers, though, which should result in another start for Bam Adebayo with Kelly Olynyk seeing an uptick in minutes
Dec 10 - 4:39 PM
  • Like 1