NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 20178-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread went from " OMG, first round Whiteside is back" to "cant imagine this jackass being a father" real quick....

Still very productive on a per minute basis for fantasy purposes. 25mpg should be able to get him into top 60 comfortably.    Knee Bone Bruise in game 1/82 last year. Bone bruise to the knee

Ignorance.   Migraines can be pretty severe and debilitating. It's also one of the harder ailments to treat. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

For those of you in weekly leagues what are you doing? I was really excited whiteside had a 4 game week but now it's looking like maybe 2 games, my team finally gets close to healthy and then this :/

Who are your other bigs?

15 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Some guys do everything they can to get on the court and battle through injury.  Whiteside is just not one of those guys.   Good luck to his owners because with his talent and penchance to miss time you'll be the ones with migraines eventually.

Wait what? Coach Spo benched him when Hassan wanted to play more over the weekend. 

25 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Some guys do everything they can to get on the court and battle through injury.  Whiteside is just not one of those guys.   Good luck to his owners because with his talent and penchance to miss time you'll be the ones with migraines eventually.

Usually I defend Spo, but Whiteside has had a great attitude so far, been less lazy, and more aware. Like he's kicking out of the post alot more than what he usually does instead of going straight up and force things. That's just one example. And he excepted his role, which is being a defensive rebounder. 

The thing is, we perform better with Bam on the floor. Whiteside can't play in transition and keep up with fast pace. Bam is more suited for this NBA. Kinda a double-edge sword.

I don't really have the energy to go in depth about this tho. We lost to the Hawks lol. We're some trash. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

I have DeAndre so hassan is in one of my utility spots

If your opponent this week is rebound-centric with dangerous block output, I'll gut it out. But if he's loaded with guards, just bench him.

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Usually I defend Spo, but Whiteside has had a great attitude so far, been less lazy, and more aware. Like he's kicking out of the post alot more than what he usually does instead of going straight up and force things. That's just one example. And he excepted his role, which is being a defensive rebounder. 

The thing is, we perform better with Bam on the floor. Whiteside can't play in transition and keep up with fast pace. Bam is more suited for this NBA. Kinda a double-edge sword.

I don't really have the energy to go in depth about this tho. We lost to the Hawks lol. We're some trash. 

I owned Whiteside last year and he killed me with the injury so I'm biased against him: all that said, why the hell can he not run up and down in transition?  Is it a conditioning thing?  I saw the same thing last year when I was watching his games.  It's like he's not in great shape?

9 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

I owned Whiteside last year and he killed me with the injury so I'm biased against him: all that said, why the hell can he not run up and down in transition?  Is it a conditioning thing?  I saw the same thing last year when I was watching his games.  It's like he's not in great shape?

Not really a condition thing. He's just lazy and doesn't give max effort 75% of the time. Again he seems more engaged this season so far, but still not nearly as good enough for Heat standards. I want to use a colorful word, but this is a friendly forum lol.

Been a thing with him for over 2 years now. Got paid and said "f--- it".

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

I think that where there is smoke there is fire and for whatever reason Spo and Whiteside are not seeing eye to eye, yet again.

If you harbor such overwhelming bias towards a player you should probably keep it to yourself. Whiteside is clearly hurt (severity unknown) and Spo made it clear that he say Whiteside was lacking mobility out there after getting injured. Your addition to this discussion is to ignore both the player/coaches words and actions and believe where there is smoke there is fire? Some people come to this forum for quality insight, not to hear someone upset about how much of a bust he was last year.

In terms of his ability to get up and down the court its just a lack of athleticism. Can't be fixed, he's busting his tail and doing the best he can this year to get back on defense. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If you harbor such overwhelming bias towards a player you should probably keep it to yourself. Whiteside is clearly hurt (severity unknown) and Spo made it clear that he say Whiteside was lacking mobility out there after getting injured. Your addition to this discussion is to ignore both the player/coaches words and actions and believe where there is smoke there is fire? Some people come to this forum for quality insight, not to hear someone upset about how much of a bust he was last year.

In terms of his ability to get up and down the court its just a lack of athleticism. Can't be fixed, he's busting his tail and doing the best he can this year to get back on defense. 

He's currently ranked 105th in total value and 69th in avg on standard Yahoo 12 cat leagues. 

You knew what you were getting into on draft day with him.  His ADP was way down and for good reason.   For WHATEVER reason he cannot stay on the court.   I'm not in here gloating about it I'm offering my opinion as someone that watched him carefully in the past and is curious about a potential buy low opportunity for my own squad this year.  

Edited by laurilegend
50 minutes ago, emotoyama5 said:

Yo guys I'm in desperate need of a point guard and was wondering if I should accept the following trade:

I give Derozan and Tobias Harris, I receive Kyle Lowry, Hassan Whiteside, and Josh Hart. 

The biggest deal-breaker is Hassan Whiteside here. He has the potential to be better than tobias harris but i know that he is really injury-prone and this might be a really risky trade, but whiteside has so much upside. Would you guys accept this trade if you were in my shoes? This is my team if you need context:

PG: Lonzo Ball, Ricky Rubio

SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Nicholas Batum, Demar Derozan, Caris LeVert

SF: Also Batum, LeVert, and Derozan

PF: Tobias Harris, Taj Gibson, Jabari Parker, Marcus Morris

C: DeAndre Jordan, KAT, Lamarcus Aldridge

I'd keep derozan and tobias and for next time use http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/ for team specific questions. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

He's currently ranked 105th in total value and 69th in avg on standard Yahoo 12 cat leagues. 

You knew what you were getting into on draft day with him.  His ADP was way down and for good reason.   For WHATEVER reason he cannot stay on the court.   I'm not in here gloating about it I'm offering my opinion as someone that watched him carefully in the past and is curious about a potential buy low opportunity for my own squad this year.  

Having a hunch that Spo and Whiteside arent seeing eye to eye offers no insight to this discussion. Especially when current evidence says otherwise. You may be right but theres nothing to suggest that at the moment and you just look like a sour owner.

Ive owned Whiteside for 3 years in redraft and I knew exactly what I was getting into last year. Which is the same exact thing as this year.

32 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Ive owned Whiteside for 3 years in redraft and I knew exactly what I was getting into last year. Which is the same exact thing as this year.

If you think a guy whose ADP fell about 40 spots is going to produce like years prior, well, that's optimistic.  You seem personally invested in Whiteside as a player.  Cool, be a fan, but separate your fandom from your fantasy recs.  

1 minute ago, laurilegend said:

If you think a guy whose ADP fell about 40 spots is going to produce like years prior, well, that's optimistic.  You seem personally invested in Whiteside as a player.  Cool, be a fan, but separate your fandom from your fantasy recs.  

When did I ever mention production? Im talking about his relationship with Spo lol. Im not personally invested in anything, and im definetely not a fan.

The guy who called himself bias is the same one talking about seperate feelings from fantasy? The irony