NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ESPN can't get this guy a headshot 5 weeks into the season there's no way you're getting another position tag.

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe.  This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in

Posted Images

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

He wasn't hot by the end of the 4th. Only heating up in OT.

Big game against the Warriors,  you've got a rookie who has played 38 minutes (possibly gassed?) and Lou who has been here done that. I'm thinking Doc probably felt Lou was the right veteran presence to have in that situation .....and it paid off.   In time, SGA may be closing out games like that but I'm good with what he did tonight.  Dynasty leaguers need to pop open that Moet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He pretty a solid game overall, he's really coming into form. Made a couple rookie mistakes, including turning the ball over in a crucial situaton...but I imagine he has a long leash at this point. Couldn't be happier with how SGA's turning out IRL as well as for fantasy purposes.

17 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Pump the brakes. 

This kid won't even be better than Luka or Ayton in that time. 

Hes already better than doncic.

ayton has proved to be a nba ready classic 20/10 big man. I think his defensive growth will determine how good he pans out to be.

Shai is an oversized point guard at 6-6 with a 7 foot wingspan.

when you listen to him in interviews you will see how much focus the kid talks with.

not talking about confidence, all of these guys are confident. The kid has focus.  

He’s going to be a top 5 player in the league soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, jim james said:

Hes already better than doncic.

ayton has proved to be a nba ready classic 20/10 big man. I think his defensive growth will determine how good he pans out to be.

Shai is an oversized point guard at 6-6 with a 7 foot wingspan.

when you listen to him in interviews you will see how much focus the kid talks with.

not talking about confidence, all of these guys are confident. The kid has focus.  

He’s going to be a top 5 player in the league soon.

Top 5 player in the league?

Can I have whatever you are smoking?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

He'll still have some duds but if he keeps getting minutes even close to this level, his days on being on the waiver should be over. 

He will get minutes. I see him at 33-35 minutes ROS. It's quite clear that Doc is extremely high on him - the return of Bradley should only really cut into the minutes of Thornwell/Wallace. 

I think he won't contribute much in the 3s category, but who needs 3s when he doesn't hurt you anywhere else. He knows how to use his physical assets on defense very well and plays the game in a very composed manner - Doc loves players like him.

• Like 1

The starting job is his for the foreseeable future. He played with poise and focus last night against the best team in the league. Doesn't make a lot of rookie mistakes and his defense is on point. He'll keep getting big minutes and usage. There will still probably be a few duds here and there but I'm in for the long haul. I think after the ASB he'll go beast mode. 

• Like 2