Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ESPN can't get this guy a headshot 5 weeks into the season there's no way you're getting another position tag.

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe.  This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in

Posted Images

This dudes mom was an Olympian.

his dad coached him from an early age.

 

he has a good head on his shoulders and that focus he has comes from a guy who understands discipline.

 

He’s got the talent and foundation for success and the early indicator, percentages, is showing he’s the real deal.

 

also 1/4 of the season isn’t even done and he’s already displaced the teams vets to start and has the backing of a coach who typically doesn’t play rookies.

 

 

SGA hype train is real!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuN said:

he looks a bit scrawny, not that it matters

 

I can see why Raps wanted to trade Wright for him..he's like a better scoring/mid-range version of Delon

I think he measured at like 5% body fat during the pre-draft camps.  He's not bulky but he's all muscle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, royalm said:

 

Actually, I told my friend to pick him up cause I had no drops. I have no reason to root against him (except you stans)

 

I don't like these kind of moves. 

 

Let everyone play their own games. 

 

Don't try to collude things in your favor telling one team to pick up a guy so the teams you're worrying about more don't get him. 

 

You should change your handle to Collusion. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I don't like these kind of moves. 

 

Let everyone play their own games. 

 

Don't try to collude things in your favor telling one team to pick up a guy so the teams you're worrying about more don't get him. 

 

You should change your handle to Collusion. 

I don't see that as collusion.

If the person making the pick is still playing to win, and dropped a worse player by making the pick, he or she's just making the right move for his/her own team.

Getting advice from a friend is just like getting advice from an internet forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dogmeat said:

I don't see that as collusion.

If the person making the pick is still playing to win, and dropped a worse player by making the pick, he or she's just making the right move for his/her own team.

Getting advice from a friend is just like getting advice from an internet forum.

 

Except you don't have information about who and who doesn't have moves left to make in that league and who is and who is not currently watching what's happening in the league. 

 

Collusion has a million definitions, but absolutely included in them is feeding one team information that you aren't feeding others for them to take action on. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dogmeat said:

I don't see that as collusion.

If the person making the pick is still playing to win, and dropped a worse player by making the pick, he or she's just making the right move for his/her own team.

Getting advice from a friend is just like getting advice from an internet forum.

 

It's basically 100% collusion.

 

-You possessed information that you considered helpful enough to pass along.

 

-You gave the information to a select party while withholding from all others. 

 

-Even if the result was unsatisfactory, your intent was for one competitor to know and to know it, act on it, and benefit from it while all other competitors did not. 

 

It's really kind of a principled criticism -- only someone silly enough to say out loud what they did and with whom could you ever get caught.

 

oh wait.

 

The bold part makes your argument much worse considering they are league mates. IE competitors. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogmeat said:

I don't see that as collusion.

If the person making the pick is still playing to win, and dropped a worse player by making the pick, he or she's just making the right move for his/her own team.

Getting advice from a friend is just like getting advice from an internet forum.

 

Me either.

 

Hell in my league, we're openly critical about each other's moves, telling each other how we can improve our teams.

 

Some of the guys in our league would still be chumps, falling for sell high/buy low BS rotoworld advice, if we didn't rag on them and give advice for some of their moves.

 

If one team is totally dominating a roto league, you can bet that every team is maneuvering their stats to push them down and keep their weaknesses, a weakness, in order to have a chance.

 

I don't want to play in a league where an owner doesn't understand things like that.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't think giving advice is collusion. It could have been terrible advice too. An owner doesn't have to listen to that advice and he can think on his own, make his own decision based on the info.

 

Might as well just read rotoworld..there are no secrets here. I guess we are all cheaters.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao some ppl be trippin'. Thought I could leave this ape filled thread for good but dudes feel the need to tag me. If that was collusion might as well shut down the NBA with moves such as Tyson Chandler being as orchestrated as possible. Grow some brains.

 

bEtTEr tHan hAywARd FoR sUrE rOs

Edited by royalm
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I don't like these kind of moves. 

 

Let everyone play their own games. 

 

Don't try to collude things in your favor telling one team to pick up a guy so the teams you're worrying about more don't get him. 

 

You should change your handle to Collusion. 

You speak the truth brotha.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Public information, lol. If your league watches Sportscenter, sharing research on a starter in the NBA is miles short of collusion. To watch sports is to talk with your friends about athletes. Like reading this forum gives us insider goods😂

 

Don't get me wrong. These threads are a great resource for timely roster/injury moves -- even better IMO as a measure of hype (which is helpful, never ignore the hype). But we aren't trading any secrets here. 

 

Exception: the MILB thread is super special -- loaded with unique insights & nfo.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SGA is a stud in the making , the way he handles the rock is smooth like Kobe-esque finesse , not many players use that technique anymore and just bully into defenders. He seems to enjoy distributing rather than being a flat out scorer which he is capable of. His jumper is not consistent yet but his drives to the basket are timed perfectly, he has that different swagger. Kentucky boys never disappoint, in other thoughts hope my boy Diallo is ok he could have broke his ankle like Hayward today

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 12:30 AM, LuN said:

Yeah, I don't think giving advice is collusion. It could have been terrible advice too. An owner doesn't have to listen to that advice and he can think on his own, make his own decision based on the info.

 

Might as well just read rotoworld..there are no secrets here. I guess we are all cheaters.

Not to mention, here at rotoworld we have a big tendency to gush and "run don't walk" over grabbing some pretty garbage players :lol:

 

Advice on waiver adds always should be taken with a grain of salt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

Is he this year’s donovan mitchell?

 

No way lol but rookies on teams that have all of their stars gone are always a good gamble. Any lottery picks from clippers, bulls, suns, etc a lot of nba teams...not sure if they all have some formula , seem to know where each rookie is going. Found it weird that Mikal got moved and Jimmy Butler was sent to philly, same thing with Lebron when he left and kyrie came in, also Hayward with Mitchell. The pattern, I share with y’all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

No way lol but rookies on teams that have all of their stars gone are always a good gamble. Any lottery picks from clippers, bulls, suns, etc a lot of nba teams...not sure if they all have some formula , seem to know where each rookie is going. Found it weird that Mikal got moved and Jimmy Butler was sent to philly, same thing with Lebron when he left and kyrie came in, also Hayward with Mitchell. The pattern, I share with y’all...

tenor.gif?itemid=3938292

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 3:12 PM, MynameisMudd said:

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

 

Actually I have him at the end of my bench, but not really getting all the love I'm seeing in this thread. 

 

Currently, on BBmon, he's ranked 152.  That's behind Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson, AND Gordon Hayward (120). 

 

OK he's a rook and he's been playing better lately.  So for the last two weeks he's ranked ... 132.   Behind Patrick Beverly.  

 

BTW Hayward is 68 the last two weeks.  Maybe Shai will be better at the end of the season, but as bad as Hayward has been playing he's been a better fantasy player than Shai so far.  Bringing up Hayward since this thread has used him for a comp.  

 

What I'm NOT seeing is that whole stuffing the stat sheet thing I was hearing about here.  Few 3's, reb, a's, to go with a middling ppg and OK percentages.  Have not seen him play yet so have no eye test to check against, but he's just not stuffing any stat sheets.  

 

Hope he does turn it on, but right now he's nothing special.  He's getting the minutes so the potential is there, but IMO he's a rook so may be more of a next season kind of thing. Going to hold for now, but won't sweat a drop if I find someone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swyck said:

 

Actually I have him at the end of my bench, but not really getting all the love I'm seeing in this thread. 

 

Currently, on BBmon, he's ranked 152.  That's behind Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson, AND Gordon Hayward (120). 

 

OK he's a rook and he's been playing better lately.  So for the last two weeks he's ranked ... 132.   Behind Patrick Beverly.  

 

BTW Hayward is 68 the last two weeks.  Maybe Shai will be better at the end of the season, but as bad as Hayward has been playing he's been a better fantasy player than Shai so far.  Bringing up Hayward since this thread has used him for a comp.  

 

What I'm NOT seeing is that whole stuffing the stat sheet thing I was hearing about here.  Few 3's, reb, a's, to go with a middling ppg and OK percentages.  Have not seen him play yet so have no eye test to check against, but he's just not stuffing any stat sheets.  

 

Hope he does turn it on, but right now he's nothing special.  He's getting the minutes so the potential is there, but IMO he's a rook so may be more of a next season kind of thing. Going to hold for now, but won't sweat a drop if I find someone.

Rank chasers will always fail to see potential because they don't watch the game. This is like hearing one of those analytics guys talk baseball and analytics have ruined America's pastime. The promise isn't in the numbers right now because sometimes what you're seeing on the court doesn't translate to numbers , but when you see a 20 year old with the type of veteran movement and IQ at this stage in his career, you're not looking at him and saying "Oh, well you're only ranked 152...mehhhh you suck"  Go buy a ticket to a Clipper game and watch how incredible he is.  I can't say anything more to a rank chaser. 

Edited by MynameisMudd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, swyck said:

 

Actually I have him at the end of my bench, but not really getting all the love I'm seeing in this thread. 

 

Currently, on BBmon, he's ranked 152.  That's behind Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson, AND Gordon Hayward (120). 

 

OK he's a rook and he's been playing better lately.  So for the last two weeks he's ranked ... 132.   Behind Patrick Beverly.  

 

BTW Hayward is 68 the last two weeks.  Maybe Shai will be better at the end of the season, but as bad as Hayward has been playing he's been a better fantasy player than Shai so far.  Bringing up Hayward since this thread has used him for a comp.  

 

What I'm NOT seeing is that whole stuffing the stat sheet thing I was hearing about here.  Few 3's, reb, a's, to go with a middling ppg and OK percentages.  Have not seen him play yet so have no eye test to check against, but he's just not stuffing any stat sheets.  

 

Hope he does turn it on, but right now he's nothing special.  He's getting the minutes so the potential is there, but IMO he's a rook so may be more of a next season kind of thing. Going to hold for now, but won't sweat a drop if I find someone.

Ranks are pretty pointless. What matters is how he's contributing to your team. I have a hard time seeing how a guy with PG/Sg eligibility providing blocks and solid scoring on high %s can't be a great addition to any team. No one is touting him as a top 30 player - pretty much everyone got him off the wire and taking that into account, he's providing very good returns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 As a die hard UK fan I've watched him for a couple of years now. Last year he wasn't the most highly ranked freshman that Cal had but he turned into the best player we had. Knox is skilled but when I had my chance to draft this year in our keeper league I had my choice of either & I went with SGA. I would do it again today. Doc believes in him and there's a reason why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...